Best AB flag defenders

bud

Veteran X
Just curious what class you guys think can hold a flag the best in AB.

I'd probably say

1. Mages

2. Paladins

3. Hunters.

The #1 is definately Frost Mage. Can Ice block out of anything and AOE, then ice block again. Up to 20 seconds of coverage against any number of enemies.

EAChris said:
The #1 is definately Frost Mage. Can Ice block out of anything and AOE, then ice block again. Up to 20 seconds of coverage against any number of enemies.

Word, cold snap is a bitch

Do you mean defenders as in, stay there and guard, or "oh crap they have like 10 on the flag, defend it"?

Keeping people off the flag, the best is a frost mage.

Guarding a flag, the best is a NE hunter w/ a cat. They can just sit there shadowmelded while their pet keeps people from tapping, to save time, or just crit for 3k w/ aimed shot out of nowhere.

I have a hell of a fun time with it on my paladin. Using grenades and shit to break the channles. Spamming flash heal... I can generally survive againts 5 or less enemies for 20-30 seconds if i dont catch a nasty spell lock or counterspell.

Paladins are the best flag defenders, hands down. I can sit there forever with my divine/bop, and then just pop on concentration aura and flash heal myself without ever getting interrupted.

Paladins are AB defense on training wheels.
Druids are good with stealth and then bear form / heals to survive a while.
NE hunters are pretty stupid.

If you mean 2-3 people coming in trying to get the flag against one person who has to wait for backup to arrive, I'd say..

1. Paladin.

2. Druid.

3. Rogue/NE Hunter

Pet classes are seriously underrated though. Some of the best AB teams I've seen have a -ton- of engineering items, like Goblin Rocket Helm, Gnomish Mind Control Cap, etc.. and if those hit you they -will- tap the flag and there's nothing you can do about it. Pets are the counter to this.

Sojourn said:
If you mean 2-3 people coming in trying to get the flag against one person who has to wait for backup to arrive, I'd say..

1. Paladin.

2. Druid.

3. Rogue/NE Hunter

Pet classes are seriously underrated though. Some of the best AB teams I've seen have a -ton- of engineering items, like Goblin Rocket Helm, Gnomish Mind Control Cap, etc.. and if those hit you they -will- tap the flag and there's nothing you can do about it. Pets are the counter to this.

Ya, on Detheroc we just steamroll the horde every time with our organized groups, and a good share of us have rocket helm/mind control and it does help.

Ztir said:
1. Paladins

2. Druids

3. NE hunters
100% agreed

a rogue+druid combo works well too but the paly+druid is very very very hard to break through before help comes. I've (druid) guarded a flag with a paly numerous times and we can hold off groups of 5 for quite a long time

EAChris said:
...then die instantly

any non-retarded paly can solo much longer

paladins are officially the class i hate to be up against the most. A paladin who heals the sulfuras weilding warrior and you can't stop him is about as dangerous as 5 warriors with sulfuras

with quick heals, with shields that let them heal un-interupted, healing paladins are the worst enemy of the horde

I practically never stop healing AB, I also love charging the mill getting 2-3 horde on me, then using my bubble and jumping over the cliff, and seeing which hordes actually follow me over and then reckoning bomb them, with the falling damage and a heal (for me) its an easy 2-3 kills each time.

frost mages are useless for a few reasons:

1. the flag capture only actually takes 8 seconds, meaning vs a smart group a frost mage can only delay at max 18ish seconds.

2. after that elite feat of 18 second delaying, the frost mage is incapable of doing any such thing for 5 minutes, and is incapable of being even marginally useful vs a group for more than 8 seconds for 10 minutes.

there's a neat little trick my mage friend does

we take the mill, and wait for the blacksmith to be empty

he does the priest slowfall or whatever and jumps towards the smith on his mount, dismounts, lands, polymorphs the guy defending it and caps it

it's like dragonball z if there's someone he shoots with a fireball

Back