Just got WoW 3 days ago.....

I thought so too, but now that I've hit 60 I realize the only thing left to do is the raid grind to get better gear. This insanely repetitive and time consuming task does nothing but enable me to get better gear as more instances and expansions are added to the game.

The satisfaction from beating raid bosses is a lot of fun the first time, but farming them is a chore. PVP in an game like this doesn't really entice me. I'm on a pvp server and had a lot of fun with it, but it requires rep grinding and or raiding to really excel. If I want pit my skill against someone over the net I'd prefer not to do it in a medium where huge time investment trumps all.

I've found the game just isn't fun for me, and unfortunately I played to 60 before I found out I didn't enjoy it that much. I guess I meant for this to be a warning for you to cut your losses now if you have any doubts that the game just isn't your style.

Last edited:
Well I liked Shadowbane for the PvP and I loved AC for it. I definately get no rush from this game from PvP like I did in AC. It's fun and The only thing else I like about these games is...well..... farming. I kinda get a small rush from finding rare items. So WoW has that covered but yeah the PvP comes up way short. Graphix are excellent and I dont have any of the problems I had with SB as far as the old "sb.exe.".

I'm sure I'll get bored with it like I do with all mmorpgs. But of course I'm on a PvP server...I wouldn't have it any other way.

WoW has its days of crushing boredom, but as long as I mix it up by leveling alts, hitting up AB in winning groups, and running various normal instances for gear and to help out guildies, I can think of worse ways to pass my time.

Then again, my guild is a hilarious bunch, and even when we're wiping repeatedly on Vael or somebody jumps early in a UBRS run and the Rend event wipes us, or somebody somehow pulls Hakkar when all of us are on one of the lower platforms, and he then proceeds to mind control a Warrior who chases everyone down all the way back to the bridge and shears through cloth party members like a hot World Destroyer through butter*, it's always a laugh a minute. Even the most monotonous raid encounters are fun to me with 39 other like-minded players.

*I guess I don't need to tell you I'm speaking from experience here. The best part, of course, was BEING the Warrior in question. Run, little Priests, run! Run in terror before I strike you down in one mighty slash of my gigantic sword! :D

Surge said:
what was the pvp like in shadowbane?

Thats all it was. But it was doomed the day it hit shelves. The server I played on got taken over completely by one clan and then it sucked.

Surge said:
what was the pvp like in shadowbane?

As I remember you got to a point there you could make a soul tree to anchor your soul to when you died, and this was the foundation of building a town. You build shops, industries, defenses, etc. and you could get to a point you could make another.

What he means by when "one clan takes over" is when all the land is occupied by towns and all those towns become owned/controlled by one clan. Then it's essentially a monopoly.

Back