Paladin Tanking:

Ben Reed said:
The day a pally can hold aggro better than me when I'm playing 100% seriously and to the best of my ability is the day I unsubscribe.

I'd sooner cut my own belly and rip out my own innards than let you Light-loving, tome-thumping, rolling-on-my-goddamn-2handers shield-humping healbots steal my hard-earned glory.

I am Warrior. Hear me motherfucking ROAR.

Ben, I love you.

Love,
Klash

Paladins are novelty tanks and will never be used in real situations. Pacifist on my server have used a paladin to tank Onyxia before. Feral druids are still much better at it though.

Warriors >>>>> Druids >>>> Paladins

Good paladins can hold competant aggro even in large raids if they are specced properly

But it's way easier for a warrior to do it and paladins are most useful as cleanse/heal bots. It's really stupid to have a paladin tank unless your warriors suck.

Hmm, as few decent paladin tanks as there were, there are now even less. The effect of patch 1.9 on paladin tanking did nothing but allow idiot paladins to hold aggro better while destroying the ability of a smart paladin to hold aggro effectively on a single target.

For all the insecure Tanking Paladin haters, "Never fear, 1.9 is here."

Account Canceled.

basically, without a taunt on them, its just a huge liability.

a crit heal will peel the mob towards the cloth and the paladin can't do shit to spin it around except autoattack

A good properly spec'd paladin can tank the small casual raids just fine, assuming the rest of the group isn't retarded. ZG and up (and I'd even say UBRS is doubtful) and you need to get a warrior. Paladins have other roles they're better at than holding agro. Honestly, if a pally could tank reliably in ZG/MC/BWL then they'd be really skewed in the rest of the lower end game, and to a lesser extent PVP. If they could main tank MC, warriors would have a much more difficult time finding groups for things like strath and scholo at lower levels. Even if this doesnt specifically effect the high end players, everybody needs to gear up before they can start raiding. You can't go to MC in greens, and people don't really think about all aspects of the game.

Paladins and druids, and even to a lesser extent enhancement shammies can tank the low end game well enough to do it in a pinch, which is exactly where they need to be.

Back