[Sigh] New to WoW...

Synth said:
i got a 45 pally and that shit was BORING. I would suggest a rogue or mage if youve been a tank in the past.

yeah paladin is brutal to level

deleted mine at 42 and rolled a rogue

Surge said:
are you kidding me on this one?

You're really gonna bait me on this one aren't you. Anyway.

Shamans are healers in PvE from what I hear (I barely have a newb Horde char like lvl 20ish atm -- I stated I don't know much about Shamans).

Pretty sure though, that in PvP they are retarded if they are going for DPS, I am more pissed off by a Shaman playing support than attacking. I mean they can put out ok DPS but I don't think I've ever been killed by a Shaman in recent memory, and I wear leather.

So if you think differently, fine; but playing from the alliance side I'm not really scared of Shamans in the least, they don't seem to hit me as hard as a Rogue or a Warrior or even a Mage. Their DPS is more of an annoyance more than anything.

As I have seen.

Warrior = Good PvP overall, excellent melee and armor. Doesn't save them from magic though and very gear dependent.

Rogue = Gank masters, but you have to be a smart gambler. Even if you get the jump there are ways it can all go horribly wrong so you have to know your own capabilities and that of your enemy well.

Hunter = Does pretty well once you know how to kite. Practicing on mobs in the 11 - 2x area before you hit contested can fix that. The pets now are little more than nuisances, talents are based on preference. You can beef up the pet or you can output more damage but either will get the job done.

Spellcasters tend to have all magical attacks, which normal armor can't stand up to. Their tradeoff is their armor is piss-poor so unless you are keenly aware of the damage your spells do and how long it takes to cast them you can be put in some serious trouble.

xpdnc said:
are there any macros that i, as a mage, will absolutely need to have?

also, how can i get 2 skill bars on the bottom instead of having to scroll up or down?

Go to Interface Options and check as many of the boxes related to ActionBars as you'd like. Blizzard added in a bunch more built-in extra action bars a couple patches back.

You can also map those boxes to keys, but you'll have to scroll for a ways to find them.

personally i think rogues are the most fun class.. i have a 60 rogue and a 50 rogue which im currently leveling up again because you can do so many different things with rogues..
there is nothing better then ambushing a mother fucker when they cant even see it coming.

xShinex said:
personally i think rogues are the most fun class.. i have a 60 rogue and a 50 rogue which im currently leveling up again because you can do so many different things with rogues..
there is nothing better then ambushing a mother fucker when they cant even see it coming.

I've been thinkin about doing the same thing. I really don't like the other classes that much, and I'd just like to do some crazy build with the other rogue.

I have 2 rogues at 60 right now, but on different servers, and my active one is Alliance, other is horde.

Last edited:
Ztir said:
combat rogues/fury warriors rock out with their cock out for sustained dps

nothing can keep up
i wouldn't put fury warriors over hunters, plus rage generation is a huge hurdle for a warrior who is trying to dps like crazy, they simply never peak out to their potential in a dps roll, not anymore i would think than a ms/fury build and a top notch 2h especially when you factor in multiple pulls, though again a fury warrior's dps is as good as what he's wielding

anyhow ya rogues and hunters can naturally take the "sustained dps" crown. Warlocks could be mentioned but they can't be considered alongside rogues or hunters or even warriors for that matter. While a warlock can pound out mana to sustain a dps level much longer than mages, they certainly can run empty

Pagy said:
i wouldn't put fury warriors over hunters, plus rage generation is a huge hurdle for a warrior who is trying to dps like crazy, they simply never peak out to their potential in a dps roll, not anymore i would think than a ms/fury build and a top notch 2h especially when you factor in multiple pulls, though again a fury warrior's dps is as good as what he's wielding

anyhow ya rogues and hunters can naturally take the "sustained dps" crown. Warlocks could be mentioned but they can't be considered alongside rogues or hunters or even warriors for that matter. While a warlock can pound out mana to sustain a dps level much longer than mages, they certainly can run empty
hence "fury warriors"

you have more then enough rage, it's not an issue

fury warriors are the best sustained dps, the only problem is they have no way to shed aggro, but then again if you're a good fury warrior you wont be pulling aggro

Back