[MLB] 2018 Regular Season

A source confirms to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic that Mariners second baseman Robinson Cano is facing an 80-game suspension for violating baseball’s joint drug agreement.

Stunning news and a huge blow to the Mariners and fantasy owners alike. Héctor Gómez‏ of ZDeportes passed along the initial report, which was confirmed by Rosenthal. Cano was already facing a lengthy absence due to a fractured fifth metacarpal on his right hand which was suffered when he was hit by a pitch on Sunday. Now he has the PED suspension on top of that. It's a complicated confluence of events, so it's unclear what the timetable for his return might be just yet. Cano, 35, was batting .287/.385/.441 with four homers and 23 RBI over 39 games this season. He's in the fifth year of his 10-year, $240 million mega deal with Seattle. With Cano gone for the foreseeable future, it will be interesting to see if Dee Gordon moves back to second base.

dtrderg.jpg

so wat was the medical ailment that cano had treated in DR? was it the much-feared barry bonds disease?

those prepared statement things that get sent out are so fucking pathetic

as if even a single person thinks the athlete in question formed even one part of one sentence of it

if we had a better bullpen I honestly thought we had a good shot this year. Cano doesn't carry the team but he's a great defensemen and we need his bat.

This is kinda harsh
Hes a total dumbass for taking drugs while making millions and not consulting his union and mlb trainers

But it could be a mistake too its such a common drug prescribed everywhere

he's a huge idiot especially considering he's going to lose about 11 million bucks because of this

Brutal, I honestly believe him about taking something he didn't know was illegal. But that still doesn't excuse the fact he's making that much money and isn't 100% aware about what he's ingesting.

This isn't Detroit man, this is the superbowl

It's not a surprise that the banned substance he took was obtained in DR. They have relaxed drug/prescription laws and people can get just about anything they want there. Stuff we need prescriptions for in the US are on common store shelves in the DR. I don't sympathize with stupidity.

Also, Mookie Betts is leading almost every hitting category in the AL right now. Best player in baseball.

It's not a surprise that the banned substance he took was obtained in DR. They have relaxed drug/prescription laws and people can get just about anything they want there. Stuff we need prescriptions for in the US are on common store shelves in the DR. I don't sympathize with stupidity.

Also, Mookie Betts is leading almost every hitting category in the AL right now. Best player in baseball.

Ugh mikw trout would like a word with you

He is literally having the highest war season ever recorded

St. Louis Cardinals rookie right-hander Jordan Hicks hit 105 mph on the radar gun twice Sunday, becoming the first pitcher to throw multiple pitches at that speed in the same game in the past 10 seasons.

Are you seriously argueing mookie betts is the best player in baseball after reading that article?

Seriously man stop now you wont win this :lol:

You posted that article 4 minutes after your previous post. I think you're hallucinating. It's bizarre.

That screen shot shows better statistics in many more categories for Betts with a very close WAR stat which isn't recognized as an actual stat by MLB. Try again?

Also, please post the formula for WAR without looking it up since you know what it is.

Back