US says Wikileaks could 'threaten national security'

He sure as fuck better not. That fucker is already on my shitlist for playing ball. He campaigned as a liberal, but his administration has been centrist, maybe even right of center. I'm getting more disappointed in him as time goes by.
Hmm, this is so weird, but I remember saying that Obama was no different from Bush even before the primaries. I also remember certain individuals defending Obama and arguing with me.

It's a curse being right all the time.

Don't worry, Van. I'm sure you'll find a way to [ir]rationalize your support just like everyone else does.

I've noticed there are also extracts showing just how badly it's going some places

I'm pretty sure that the Combat Outpost Keating was like front page news when it happened. The father of one of the soldiers who was killed there played in the World Series of Poker last year and they made a big deal about it.

Hmm, this is so weird, but I remember saying that Obama was no different from Bush even before the primaries. I also remember certain individuals defending Obama and arguing with me.

Don't worry, Van. I'm sure you'll find a way to [ir]rationalize your support just like everyone else does.

I did defend Obama, but I didn't know at the time the kind of president he was going to be.

• [*]- Promise of administration transparency, and failure to deliver.

[*]- Failure to push aggressively for a public option in the health care bill.

[*]- The war in Afghanistan goes on, we were supposed to have withdrawn. Cut and run, if you like.

[*]- Extending the Patriot Act for another year with zero revisions of it.

[*]- Operations of black prisons in Eastern Europe continues with no transparency

[*]- Instead of ending the so-called "war on drugs," he's INCREASED spending of tax dollars on it.

I'm quoting that more for Code4 than for Validuz. I don't know why the latter continues to respond to me in serious threads- he doesn't understand ANYTHING about how the world works, but is shrillingly vocal about everything.

I don't know, it's possible that he has a basic idea of how a bill becomes law, a very basic idea of what the jobs are of the speaker of the house, secretary of state, and the attorney general. It's possible he has a grade-school understanding of how the supreme court, the house and senate, and the federal reserve work. It's possible that he does in fact, possess a rudimentary understanding of the very basics of government- but I don't think he does.

I did defend Obama, but I didn't know at the time the kind of president he was going to be.

• [*]- Promise of administration transparency, and failure to deliver.

[*]- Failure to push aggressively for a public option in the health care bill.

[*]- The war in Afghanistan goes on, we were supposed to have withdrawn. Cut and run, if you like.

[*]- Extending the Patriot Act for another year with zero revisions of it.

[*]- Operations of black prisons in Eastern Europe continues with no transparency

[*]- Instead of ending the so-called "war on drugs," he's INCREASED spending of tax dollars on it.

I'm quoting that more for Code4 than for Validuz. I don't know why the latter continues to respond to me in serious threads- he doesn't understand ANYTHING about how the world works, but is shrillingly vocal about everything.

I don't know, it's possible that he has a basic idea of how a bill becomes law, a very basic idea of what the jobs are of the speaker of the house, secretary of state, and the attorney general. It's possible he has a grade-school understanding of how the supreme court, the house and senate, and the federal reserve work. It's possible that he does in fact, possess a rudimentary understanding of the very basics of government- but I don't think he does.
Hmm, I knew with absolute certainty. I said it countless times.

You didn't and yet ironically you claim I'm the ignorant one.

Wow, ignorance sure is bliss.

Well, that's another difference between us. You can be absolutely certain about the future, and I never am.

Well, that's another difference between us. You can be absolutely certain about the future, and I never am.
Naw, it's not the future, Van. It's the present. Apparently you heard him speaking, you just weren't listening. He always left himself a way out using broad terms or wiggle words, besides the times when he was just obviously lying.

That's why I call you naive. You have your pros, but discernment is definitely not one of them. But as I've said many times before, that's a prerequisite to being a Democrat; being idealistic and naive.

Hmm, I knew with absolute certainty. I said it countless times.

You didn't and yet ironically you claim I'm the ignorant one.

Wow, ignorance sure is bliss.

No you didnt. You didnt know anything more than anyone else. You were talking out your ass with a 50% chance of being right. this is one of the few times you happened pick correctly and it was purely luck.

^this

This is teh dumbs, you're so infrequently correct that when you are, it's more of a miracle than the parting of the red sea.

I would bet money that the cubs will win a world series before you're right again.

hey guys, remember how obama closed guantanamo?

that was a great achievment for him right?

except he just moved the prisoners to another jail that noone knows the name of :(

blah

oh and btw, he pledged 10 billion to fund fighting global poverty.

because, you know, we've mastered the poverty problem in this country and have so much extra money that we're in a great position to throw 10 billion at the global problem

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with this administrations assessment that the release threatens national security. If that is true why were the documents given to
The New York Times, The Guardian in London and Der Spiegel weeks ago?

It's posturing plain and simple. Any administration wouldn't like information to be released by groups they can't control with the carrot of exclusive access.

edit: I misread it. I didn't realize in my first reading that it was the wiki leaks founder who gave it to the 3 media organizations.
Never mind.

You do realize that these reports uncover black ops teams carrying out assassinations without trial and pretty much details out how the US raids compounds and carries out attacks, right?

It is a pretty big threat to national security when all of our secrets are given away.

is your government doing anything to solve those acts of warcrime detailed in the leak?
as far as I followed it is proven to be genuine report from Afghanistan and it details lot's of warcrimes happening on US behalf, is someone being prosecuted for them ?
or is the government just trying to find the dude who leaked the info, imo he should be given a medal for bringing this heavy info to the light of the day.

Back