[TW COOK] Cheap meals that are awesome.

ScooBySnaCk

Tribalwar Overlord
Veteran XX
Chicken soup

1. You see al those rotisserie chickens grab one. Eat what yo want and save it.
2. Pot of boiling water boil down the chicken carcass bones and all for about 2-3 hours
3. strain out bones
4. Add about 2-3 yellow onions
5. add 10 stalks finely chopped celery
6. add 2 bay leaves
7. add 1 pkg sweet frozen corn
8. Salt and pepper to taste

this will last you a few days easily until you are sick of chicken soup but its fucking yummy. I personally started with a beer can chicken and went from there.

goto torrent the series that just started for "Chinese Food Made Easy" host is a tad annoying but the food is easy and really good.

2 eps so far.

decent ramen + wontons + egg: 1.50$

rice + korean beef: 3.50$

fried yakisoba: 50 cents

fried rice (tho u need small amounts of many ingredients)

grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon sandwich, more ramen

you dont want to add rice or any other noodle to this. Soaking solo in the fridge will be yukky.If you need to add do it while reheating

Anything you make at home will be relatively "cheap"

I suggest marinated chicken breasts / steak

I use wishbone italian seasoning and marinade a few chicken breasts for 1-2 days, then bake or grill. Really is as easy as that, you have meal for 3-4 people or 2-3 meals for yourself. Throw in some mashed potatoes and carrots or corn and you're set.

Scoobys grammar cracks me up man.

HOW TO DRIVE TO SCHOOL part 1 2 no part 3
1. Put key in car turn when ready for on
2. Check mirrors rear and side adjust if youre a tall faggot
3. Put car into reverse assuming you are parked front ways
4. Drive obey laws and stop at reds.

Something I've started making, because it's cheap and is pretty good:

Saute some chopped onions (size to taste, large onion pieces were better in my opinion), and fresh mushrooms (Whole or you can slice them), toss in some salt, pepper, and a little cheyenne pepper.

While that's going, put some water in a pan and start boiling some ramen (I typically use beef for this, mushroom would probably be another good option), and boil until the noodles are cooked - make sure to use little water, enough to effectively cook the noodles, but not too much because when you add the included spice packet - that the flavor is heavily absorbed by the noodles.

By the time the saute is ready the noodles should be pretty close if not already complete. Throw in your seasoning packet, stir heavily until the noodles are ready, dump all the sauce from the noodles out, as much as you can.

Shut the saute off, dump the noodles in, toss it around so that they pick up the butter and veggies, toss in a bowl and enjoy.

I've used olive oil, it was okay but wasn't as flavorful, the noodles will be spicey and well flavored with the mushrooms.

Makes a quick dish that's filling, and tastes pretty damn good.

That's my two cents.

Something I've started making, because it's cheap and is pretty good:

Saute some chopped onions (size to taste, large onion pieces were better in my opinion), and fresh mushrooms (Whole or you can slice them), toss in some salt, pepper, and a little cheyenne pepper.

While that's going, put some water in a pan and start boiling some ramen (I typically use beef for this, mushroom would probably be another good option), and boil until the noodles are cooked - make sure to use little water, enough to effectively cook the noodles, but not too much because when you add the included spice packet - that the flavor is heavily absorbed by the noodles.

By the time the saute is ready the noodles should be pretty close if not already complete. Throw in your seasoning packet, stir heavily until the noodles are ready, dump all the sauce from the noodles out, as much as you can.

Shut the saute off, dump the noodles in, toss it around so that they pick up the butter and veggies, toss in a bowl and enjoy.

I've used olive oil, it was okay but wasn't as flavorful, the noodles will be spicey and well flavored with the mushrooms.

Makes a quick dish that's filling, and tastes pretty damn good.
That's my two cents.
if you care at all about your health, doing this is probably a bad idea

Scoobys grammar cracks me up man.

HOW TO DRIVE TO SCHOOL part 1 2 no part 3
1. Put key in car turn when ready for on
2. Check mirrors rear and side adjust if youre a tall faggot
3. Put car into reverse assuming you are parked front ways
4. Drive obey laws and stop at reds.

:lol:

if you care at all about your health, doing this is probably a bad idea

Ramen's probably never a good thing, but you're not drinking the broth which is bad, and the meal contains plenty of what you need to live.

But I make other things too, pot stickers have become a regular food for me too, cheap, easy to make in advance and have ready for when you need, can be frozen for later, and cook in about 4-5 minutes.

My only problem with pot stickers is coming up with a dipping sauce that's any good, I've tried variations of soy sauce, honey, and a variety of spices, but it either comes out too salty or just not very flavorful.

One of my favorites is freshly steamed veggies (any kind, canned would do) wheat pasta (spagetti w/e) and light Alfredo sauce which is thinned with milk to taste.

I can steam asparagus, brocolli, green beans etc.. and while thats cooking cook the pasta.

Thing about wheat pasta is it doesnt get as squishy as white pasta, more firm.

Throw in meat or sausage and yummy.

My meals usually go like this:
(choose one from each category)

Carb:
Potato
Rice
Noodles

Protein:

Chicken
Fish
Beans
Quinoa

Veggies:
Brocc
Chard
Salad; lettuce, sunflower seeds, cucumber, red pepper, grapes
Spinach
Onion

My only problem with pot stickers is coming up with a dipping sauce that's any good, I've tried variations of soy sauce, honey, and a variety of spices, but it either comes out too salty or just not very flavorful.
in YongChuang, China i had a pound of fucking delicious pot stickers for $.60

the main base for your sauce should be chili paste. add a tad of distilled white vinegar and soy sauce, it depends greatly on the individual for the ratio used, but you cannot leave out the fucking chili paste. shit's delicious. for my own tastes, i'd say i use about 1 Tbsp. chili paste, 1 tsp (low sodium) soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon vinegar

what do you use for the wrapping? i got some square dumpling ones from wal-mart in my first attempt, but they refused to fucking fold properly and completely split open in the cooking process.

Back