Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [E-Cigs] ****ing awesome
Page 4 of 5
Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 04-09-2010, 17:55
I bought a joye 510... it hasn't been able to make me quit. I really tried a few times, but like when I need that morning cig, it just doesn't do the job. It can be a slight PITA to maintain as well.

Sponsored Links
ZooL
VeteranXX
Old
62 - 04-09-2010, 18:13
cold turkey- i'm at 40 days no cig pretty damn easy. I just don't go to bars or go into Quikie marts cogos sheetz or anything else that has tobaco in my face.
Also no friends that smoke...**** those assholes.

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
63 - 04-09-2010, 18:18
these e-cigs are no safer then regular cigarettes and they have chemicals in the cartridges that are suspected or known to cause cancer.

ReCurve
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
64 - 04-09-2010, 18:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Steve View Post
these e-cigs are no safer then regular cigarettes and they have chemicals in the cartridges that are suspected or known to cause cancer.
wrong

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 04-09-2010, 18:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCurve View Post
wrong
Electronic Cigarettes: Are They Safe? - The Early Show - CBS News

FDA Warns of Health Risks Posed by E-Cigarettes

FDA and Public Health Experts Warn About Electronic Cigarettes

^specifically the part that says

"The FDA’s Division of Pharmaceutical Analysis analyzed the ingredients in a small sample of cartridges from two leading brands of electronic cigarettes. In one sample, the FDA’s analyses detected diethylene glycol, a chemical used in antifreeze that is toxic to humans, and in several other samples, the FDA analyses detected carcinogens, including nitrosamines. These tests indicate that these products contained detectable levels of known carcinogens and toxic chemicals to which users could potentially be exposed."

do some research before you sound like more of an idiot

ReCurve
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
66 - 04-09-2010, 18:35
Quote:

"The FDA***8217;s Division of Pharmaceutical Analysis analyzed the ingredients in a small sample of cartridges from two leading brands of electronic cigarettes. In one sample, the FDA***8217;s analyses detected diethylene glycol, a chemical used in antifreeze that is toxic to humans, and in several other samples, the FDA analyses detected carcinogens, including nitrosamines. These tests indicate that these products contained detectable levels of known carcinogens and toxic chemicals to which users could potentially be exposed."

I have fat boy
we know it has nicotine and we know it has diethylene glycol
What else has diethylene glycol? do you know?
So we know these two are in e cigs, do you know whats in a regular cig?
I never said either was healthy, but one is much safer

FLOOR
VeteranXV
Old
67 - 04-09-2010, 18:37
e-cigs just aren't the same as smoking a regular cigarette; at least not enough to completely replace it. the full body of smoke and the feeling of such is what's got me behaviorally hooked 4-5 times at the moment.

also, w/ an e-cig, you really have no idea how much you smoke in a session, and you just end up puffing away probably a ****ty indiscriminate amount of nicotine

Zlex
VeteranXX
Old
68 - 04-09-2010, 18:38
Quote:

"The FDA’s Division of Pharmaceutical Analysis analyzed the ingredients in a small sample of cartridges from two leading brands of electronic cigarettes. In one sample, the FDA’s analyses detected diethylene glycol, a chemical used in antifreeze that is toxic to humans, and in several other samples, the FDA analyses detected carcinogens, including nitrosamines. These tests indicate that these products contained detectable levels of known carcinogens and toxic chemicals to which users could potentially be exposed."

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: Comparison of Carcinogen Levels Shows that Electronic Cigarettes are Much Safer Than Conventional Ones

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
69 - 04-09-2010, 18:39
Quote:
I have fat boy
we know it has nicotine and we know it has diethylene glycol
What else has diethylene glycol? do you know?
So we know these two are in e cigs, do you know whats in a regular cig?
I never said either was healthy, but one is much safer
yes cartridges that are made in china with no regulations are totally safer then regular cigarettes. i liked how you use my examples in your argument. at least now i know you're just talking out your ass.

and at fat boy

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
70 - 04-09-2010, 18:42
you're taking that site seriously?

smoke what you want, i used to smoke cigs all the time but have quit successfully cold turkey. saying one is better for you is completely false though, you're trading in what you know is killing you, for another.

Last edited by Pirate Steve; 04-09-2010 at 18:45..
ReCurve
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
71 - 04-09-2010, 18:48
Quote:

smoke what you want, i used to smoke cigs all the time but have quit successfully cold turkey. saying one is better for you is completely false though, you're trading in what you know is killing you, for another.
steve I apologize for the fat boy remark
would you outlaw nicotine gum?

Zlex
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 04-09-2010, 18:52
Quote:

I dunno why I wouldn't take the site seriously. You can even go ahead and look at the primary sources for the chart. While e-cigs do contain some of the carcinogens that you find in cigarettes that shouldn't come as a huge shock since the nicotine is derived from... tobacco. I doubt there exists a process that could extract the nicotine will 100% efficiency. The issue is that the levels of carcinogens are much lower, trace amounts, and sit around the same level as those found in the patch or gum.

If anyone is wondering why the FDA is clamoring to stop the sale of these things it should be noted that the government makes a ****-ton of money from people buying cigarettes.

Good for you for quitting, I quit too. I also barely use my e-cig anymore. Maybe after a night at the bar or something if I get a little craving.

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
73 - 04-09-2010, 18:54
Quote:
steve I apologize for the fat boy remark
would you outlaw nicotine gum?
no thats silly, and i wouldn't outlaw e-cigs. but to not even know whats in them and smoke them doesn't sit well with me

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
74 - 04-09-2010, 18:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlex View Post
I dunno why I wouldn't take the site seriously. You can even go ahead and look at the primary sources for the chart. While e-cigs do contain some of the carcinogens that you find in cigarettes that shouldn't come as a huge shock since the nicotine is derived from... tobacco. I doubt there exists a process that could extract the nicotine will 100% efficiency. The issue is that the levels of carcinogens are much lower, trace amounts, and sit around the same level as those found in the patch or gum.

If anyone is wondering why the FDA is clamoring to stop the sale of these things it should be noted that the government makes a ****-ton of money from people buying cigarettes.

Good for you for quitting, I quit too. I also barely use my e-cig anymore. Maybe after a night at the bar or something if I get a little craving.
well first i wouldn't take that site seriously regarding tobacco issues because its a tobacco blog. i did look at the charts and links it contained but they are from obscure sites that are either for/against smoking. It all seemed very biased and a lot of it was outdated. the fact is the fda has never given approval to these and they seem too good to be true

ReCurve
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
75 - 04-09-2010, 18:59
good point. I have met a few people who would smoke half a cig and put it out, very few.
With an e cig you can do a couple puffs and move on. That a big plus in my book.
And you can make your own juice for pretty cheap, and control the amount of nicotine you ingest as well.
Do I think it's healthy no, but a great alternative to smoking yes. There is a getting used to it break in period. Best one I have come across so far.

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
76 - 04-09-2010, 19:01
im not trying to bash them either. but they have their own risks. true you aren't burning plant matter with it and yes regular cigs have a lot of **** to. its the unknowns that really get me

ReCurve
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
77 - 04-09-2010, 19:10
Quote:
im not trying to bash them either. but they have their own risks. true you aren't burning plant matter with it and yes regular cigs have a lot of **** to. its the unknowns that really get me
sorry dude i don't believe you. It's a nicotine delivery device and that's what piss's you off. Just like every other anti smoker. I'm ok with that, all I ask is you be honest about where your coming from

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
78 - 04-09-2010, 19:15
Quote:
sorry dude i don't believe you. It's a nicotine delivery device and that's what piss's you off. Just like every other anti smoker. I'm ok with that, all I ask is you be honest about where your coming from
uh. like i said, smoke what you guys want. if you don't care whats in them thats your business. i guess you've got nothing else to contribute now that you're back to being defensive. you also must have missed the post where i say i used to smoke, so i don't know who you're calling an anti smoker

Mindflayr
VeteranXV
Old
79 - 04-09-2010, 19:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooL View Post
cold turkey- i'm at 40 days no cig pretty damn easy. I just don't go to bars or go into Quikie marts cogos sheetz or anything else that has tobaco in my face.
Also no friends that smoke...**** those assholes.
Yes, thos people that 40 days ago shared the exact same vice as you. **** those assholes.

Or I should say. **** you *******.

God I hope that was just a stupid troll. Way to come off like the guy who quit drugs 3 weeks ago and is talking **** about the "useless druggies" he knows.

ReCurve
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
80 - 04-09-2010, 19:25
Quote:
uh. like i said, smoke what you guys want. if you don't care whats in them thats your business. i guess you've got nothing else to contribute now that you're back to being defensive. you also must have missed the post where i say i used to smoke, so i don't know who you're calling an anti smoker
You just can't come to Jesus Steve.
The point you made was that e cigs are as bad as regular cigs. Do you still think that?
The two ingredients that make e cigs bad are in regular cigs.
But with e cigs you don't get the other 450 plus cancer causes.
I'll put it to you this way.
If I caught my kid smoking cigs I'd beat his ass. If I caught him vaporizing I'd beat his ass. In my head though I'd be happy he was vaporizing and not smoking cigs.

Page 4 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [E-Cigs] ****ing awesome

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀ , free ▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀