Fantasy/Sci-fi Book recommendations revisited

on book 3 of The First King trilogy by RA Salvatore. I thought the Demon War was 'OK' although its one of those books where nothing very dark ever happens and it feels like its always going to work out in the end. There's no 'oh shit' moments.

I rank First King below that. I think it might be a book for kids.

reading Red Country now, good shit.

Spoiler

Just got done with Brent Weeks stuff.
Night angel trilogy was fun
Blinding knife books are great too... Jusy have to wait for the next one now :(

Also check out ravens shadow by Anthony Ryan. Its a self published one and is really quite good.

Next dresden comes out next week iirc

Red Country was good. Enjoyed Mistborn. Reading the Terry Pratchett scifi/fantasy collab "The Long Earth" right now. Gonna read Snuff after that. Cant wait for Blood and Bone to come out. Taking too long

About to finish Dance With Dragons by R.R. Martin since hurricane sandy I plowed through book 2,3, and 4. Since I won't see book 6 until 2015 any of you dudes got some must reads? Next book I had lined up was the thomas jefferson book by meachem but i want more fantasy bros.

I've only read Tolkien's stuff, Harry P Wizard Books, and this.

need moar

series:

steven erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen (and everything else by Esselmont and erikson in that world)
patrick rothfuss - kingkiller chronicles
joe abercrombie - first law trilogy (and everything else in that world)
r scott bakker - the second apocalypse (prince of nothing / aspect emperor trilogies)
scott lynch - the gentlemen bastard sequence
glen cook - the black company (read like the first 5 and quit, it goes bad) and the dread empire

will keep you busy for a few months

Last edited:
on book 3 of The First King trilogy by RA Salvatore. I thought the Demon War was 'OK' although its one of those books where nothing very dark ever happens and it feels like its always going to work out in the end. There's no 'oh shit' moments.

I rank First King below that. I think it might be a book for kids.

I love salvatore, hated the first king trilogy

r scott bakker - the second apocalypse (prince of nothing / aspect emperor trilogies)
Oh????? I missed this, going to have some books in the queue!

glen cook - the black company (read like the first 5 and quit, it goes bad) and the dread empire
I'm ok with all the black company books... but fucking dread empire needed an ending that it'll never get :(

Oh, just realised I haven't seen James Barclay's Raven series mentioned much, I realy enjoyed that.

Black Company was good for the style of writing I found, but the story itself was fairly meh.

you guys should check out these dragonlance books they got dwarves and dragons and lances and stuff real primo

Your name is a crutch that isn't strong enough to support your humour.

Also, it would have been funny (/funnier) if you'd just said dragons and lances.

His name. Look at it sideways. He says it looks like a crutch, and I happen to agree. The humour comment suggests he doesn't have a good sense of one.

And I thought that if he'd said 'Dragonlance books contain Dragons and lances' it sould have been funnier, since you could have inferred that from the name of the series, regardless of whether you were right or not.

Sorry :(

His name. Look at it sideways. He says it looks like a crutch, and I happen to agree. The humour comment suggests he doesn't have a good sense of one.

And I thought that if he'd said 'Dragonlance books contain Dragons and lances' it sould have been funnier, since you could have inferred that from the name of the series, regardless of whether you were right or not.

Sorry :(

are you new here or something?

Back