America: The no-vacation nation. by Stealth - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page America: The no-vacation nation.
Page 4 of 14
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
61 - 05-23-2011, 12:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottTheWise13 View Post
Americans earn more than europeans, partly because they work more days/hours. This is especially true at the higher ends of the distributions, where people are working crazy hours in the US. 90th percentile earnings in the US are over 100k. 90th percentile earnings in Sweden/Italy/Canada/France are like 45k-60k.

There are certainly some benefits to having more flexibility, though.
Well, matter of opinion, but I firmly believe that most people will produce more in 46 weeks at work than they will in 50, based on having spent 6 weeks rather than 2 relaxing, recharging batteries and spending time with the family. I certainly know that's the case for me.

Sponsored Links
Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
62 - 05-23-2011, 12:37
Quote:
Americans earn more than europeans, partly because they work more days/hours. This is especially true at the higher ends of the distributions, where people are working crazy hours in the US. 90th percentile earnings in the US are over 100k. 90th percentile earnings in Sweden/Italy/Canada/France are like 45k-60k.

http://www.vitalsignscanada.ca/rpt2008/table-I-1-a.pdf

90th percentile income is at over 100k/year in Canada, apparently

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2008/3/22/92434/7687

$75k/year in the States

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
63 - 05-23-2011, 12:37
the interesting thing that i find is that i usually have to take a vacation after taking a vacation. pack the car, get to where your going, unpack, setup and enjoy a few days only to repack, sit in traffic on the way home, unpack, **** shower shave, cook dinner, go to bed go to work.

need a vacation after a vacation.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
64 - 05-23-2011, 12:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obibun View Post
mrrraahhh
Do I really need to list the number of times when people have made similar idiotic responses like that to your pseudo-intellectual posts and you have bounced right back with "yeah, didn't think you would have an answer"?.

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
65 - 05-23-2011, 12:39
Do I really need to list the people you're evidently supporting

because they're literally all confirmed hapless nerd losers

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
66 - 05-23-2011, 12:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
the interesting thing that i find is that i usually have to take a vacation after taking a vacation. pack the car, get to where your going, unpack, setup and enjoy a few days only to repack, sit in traffic on the way home, unpack, **** shower shave, cook dinner, go to bed go to work.

need a vacation after a vacation.
Yeah exactly, that doesn't happen if you take 2-3 weeks in one hit.

This year i'm back in UK seeing the family for 10 days, then off for 10 days hiking mountains in Austria, and another 7 days back in UK before I head back to Dubai. Still have enough allowance left to take a week off in October when I have cousins visiting from Australia, and the last of my allowance to take a week off for Christmas.

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
67 - 05-23-2011, 12:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
Americans have so little time off because you don't do a whole lot of work. You just post on FB or browse youtube all day long.
What exactly do you do for a living again?

EPIK
VeteranXX
Old
68 - 05-23-2011, 12:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durak View Post
we also work 40 hours a week, but spend half the time on facebook

so there you go
I have trouble believing that other countries aren't just as tied to their technology and online social networks....

Stealth
VeteranXV
Old
69 - 05-23-2011, 12:42
Quote:

You have to factor in cost of living though. Most areas of America with higher paying jobs come with higher rents, home prices, etc.

I always thought I made a much higher salary compared to people that lived in other states until I started doing the COL + taxes math. After all is said and done, I make about the same as everyone else in the country.

I have to imagine europe is similar, but I don't know much about it.

ScottTheWise13
VeteranXV
Old
70 - 05-23-2011, 12:42
Quote:
http://www.vitalsignscanada.ca/rpt2008/table-I-1-a.pdf

90th percentile income is at over 100k/year in Canada, apparently

$75,920 was 90th percentile income for full-time U.S. workers in 2007. Are you in top 10% || kuro5hin.org

$75k/year in the States
Nice, comparing family income to single worker income. Well done Obi!

ReaListik
VeteranXV
Old
71 - 05-23-2011, 12:43
it's pretty much impossible for me to take time off.

if you're taking 6 weeks of vacation, who the hell is doing your job while you're gone?

i guess if your job involves stuff that "can wait" it makes sense, but in some industries like mine if you aren't there to do ****, then it doesn't get done which means you have to be replaced if you take off for even 1 week.

Spiderman
VeteranXV
Old
72 - 05-23-2011, 12:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post

Anyone else find themselves in this situation? Or do you all have perfect jobs?
Keep track of your vacation time.

You may have a cause of action for unpaid wages.

It is also illegal for your employer to fire you after you complain / demand your unpaid wages.

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
73 - 05-23-2011, 12:43
Quote:
Nice, comparing family income to single worker income. Well done Obi!
yeah the Canada data seemed a bit off but I didn't care enough to figure out why

still, $75k/year in the US is a lot less than the "over $100k/year" number you threw out

and seems to defeat your entire point

ScottTheWise13
VeteranXV
Old
74 - 05-23-2011, 12:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
You have to factor in cost of living though. Most areas of America with higher paying jobs come with higher rents, home prices, etc.

I always thought I made a much higher salary compared to people that lived in other states until I started doing the COL + taxes math. After all is said and done, I make about the same as everyone else in the country.

I have to imagine europe is similar, but I don't know much about it.
You would be mistaken

You can check yourself using The World Top Incomes Database - G-MonD, PSE-Paris School of Economics and Monthly comparative price levels

to look up income percentiles and cost of living.

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
75 - 05-23-2011, 12:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
What exactly do you do for a living again?
he is a snake oil salesman (runs a supplement shop/business)

but apparently the only work he actually does involves reading articles on retarded white supremacist websites and then regurgitating what he reads verbatim on to an internet forum dedicated to a 10 yr old video game.

ScottTheWise13
VeteranXV
Old
76 - 05-23-2011, 12:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
Well, matter of opinion, but I firmly believe that most people will produce more in 46 weeks at work than they will in 50, based on having spent 6 weeks rather than 2 relaxing, recharging batteries and spending time with the family. I certainly know that's the case for me.
I mean, I'm sure thats true for some people. But as a country, the US produces more per person (with most people working 49-50 weeks) than european countries do working less.

I'm certainly not saying its better, just that there IS a tradeoff between time off and money earned. I wish more people would be able to make the choice for themselves, though.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
77 - 05-23-2011, 12:46
Quote:
Do I really need to list the people you're evidently supporting

because they're literally all confirmed hapless nerd losers
****ing LOL, awesome question dodging. In case you hadn't spotted it, I have no allies in this forum. I'm supporting nothing but my own opinion, which in this case you have hopelessly failed to address in any meaningful way.

Would it help if I put MRRRRRAAAAH here? Or LMFAO? Does that support my case?

I would like to publicly admit that I am not, in any way, shape or form, errrrr....."baller". I'm also not delusional or bent on convincing others with any kind of fake e-persona.

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 05-23-2011, 12:46
Quote:
I mean, I'm sure thats true for some people. But as a country, the US produces more per person (with most people working 49-50 weeks) than european countries do working less.

I'm certainly not saying its better, just that there IS a tradeoff between time off and money earned. I wish more people would be able to make the choice for themselves, though.
there's no tradeoff whatsoever

you're just unwilling to admit the American system sucks dick

Europeans (in the good countries, not the **** ones) have a higher standard of living and get 3x as much vacation

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 05-23-2011, 12:47
You know who obibun is supported by?

his parents

lmao

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
80 - 05-23-2011, 12:47
Europe: Because bubbles can't pop.

Page 4 of 14

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page America: The no-vacation nation.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
goshin history lesson , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard