did validuz really go to full sail university or is that a joke? by LogRoller - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page did validuz really go to full sail university or is that a joke?
Page 6 of 16
zorro
VeteranXV
Old
101 - 03-07-2011, 00:57
hey val

why don't you tell us the sob story of why you couldn't attend a community college and then transfer to a state university instead your best option was a non-accredited technical school that ended up costing you 75k

this oughta be good

Last edited by zorro; 03-07-2011 at 01:00..
Sponsored Links
adrian ng
VeteranXX
Old
102 - 03-07-2011, 00:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by reZolut View Post
val explain to me how pointing out that you're full retard means that someone is either far left or far right. political ideology is completely irrelevant
no no no no no no no no no no no no no

perfectly reasonable question to ask but you've now doomed this thread to 10 more pages of gibberish.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
103 - 03-07-2011, 00:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special---K View Post
well..Cornell is prestigious
If you're a moron, you probably would believe that.

Bush must be more intelligent than all of you. His school was better after all. And they only accept the best of the best.

Quote:
the point of those schools is that it's difficult to get in because you have to to have demonstrated a pretty high level of academic success and cognitive ability (for a 17-18 year old) to even be considered
Or have money. And if you have two options, have the money instead, don't worry about being in the top 0.5% of your class.

Quote:
from Full Sail's website:
Admissions - Requirements : Full Sail

Prerequisites

Bachelor***8217;s Degrees:
You must have a High School diploma or GED from a recognized and accredited school to begin a degree program at Full Sail. You***8217;ll also need a letter of recommendation. Your admissions representative will provide you with the form for this letter, or it may be downloaded once you have enrolled.

Computer Animation and Game Art program applicants should possess artistic skills. Traditional art classes are recommended prior to entering these programs. A foundation of sketching, sculpting, and painting are important for the animation industry and are essential in developing the 3D artist.

Game Development program applicants must meet specific eligibility requirements by demonstrating a minimum foundation in Algebra II. Advanced math classes such as precalculus and trigonometry are strongly recommended. Introductory programming courses are also recommended.

that's it
no minimum GPA, no SAT, no SAT II, no extracurriculars
Reading is fundamental. I never said that there's an SAT/etc. requirement. I said you have to take a high school math test (alg/calc).

4-5 people out of the 30 that took it when I was attended, failed it, and weren't "accepted."

Not stringent for sure, but still true.

Special---K
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
104 - 03-07-2011, 01:01
can you define "prestigious" for me pls
thx

adrian ng
VeteranXX
Old
105 - 03-07-2011, 01:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoddy View Post
Er, don't think anyone does really.
He said 'how' not 'why'.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
106 - 03-07-2011, 01:02
why do you defend full sail

we could be laughing with you instead of at you

thats usually what differentiates outright losers from non-uptight normal human beings

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
107 - 03-07-2011, 01:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayz View Post
did you just say high school algebra/calc

you realize those two are not exactly similar levels of mathematical competence
I guess it depends on the person, but they're taken back to back in HS, so...

Quote:
val explain to me how pointing out that you're full retard means that someone is either far left or far right. political ideology is completely irrelevant
You're too stupid to attempt explaining it. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro View Post
hey val

why don't you tell us the sob story of why you couldn't attend a community college and then transfer to a state university instead your best option was a non-accredited technical school that ended up costing you 75k

this oughta be good
Excellent question! I should've!

p.s. It didn't cost me 75k though. Way, way less.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
108 - 03-07-2011, 01:02
This thread is getting good again

Ninj
VeteranXV
Old
109 - 03-07-2011, 01:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post

thats usually what differentiates outright losers from non-uptight normal human beings
in all honesty i'd probably still laugh at him

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
110 - 03-07-2011, 01:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post

I don't defend it. I don't need to, nor do I want to. You're just incapable of reading properly.

Why do you confuse facts that conflict with your preconceived notions as support for the opposition or subject at hand?

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
111 - 03-07-2011, 01:05
you could learn 10x more reading gamasutra and gamedev.net tutorials than attending a "game development" university.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
112 - 03-07-2011, 01:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
you could learn 10x more reading gamasutra and gamedev.net tutorials than attending a "game development" university.
That's also true. Had I known anything about gs or gd.net I would've.

The opportunity came up, and I took it without thinking it through clearly. Young and stupid.

ayz
VeteranXX
Old
113 - 03-07-2011, 01:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
Or have money. And if you have two options, have the money instead, don't worry about being in the top 0.5% of your class.

Reading is fundamental. I never said that there's an SAT/etc. requirement. I said you have to take a high school math test (alg/calc).

4-5 people out of the 30 that took it when I was attended, failed it, and weren't "accepted."

Not stringent for sure, but still true.
i'm going to go ahead and bet money that you (and most people) have the issue of being too dumb to get in rather than being able to afford it

also if you're smart enough you don't need money because the school gives need-based aid grants to people.

reZolut
VeteranXV
Old
114 - 03-07-2011, 01:08
Quote:

You're too stupid to attempt explaining it. Sorry.
i'm only a lowly honors degree holder with a professional charter

you're right, you're clearly smarter

streetwi$e
Veteran5
Old
115 - 03-07-2011, 01:09
val why not just admit the school sucks and that u were 19 and made a dumb decision

its easier to manup and admit it then get keep going on like this getting trolled

seems like were 19 and admit u were on your own, seems reasonable to make mistakes

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
116 - 03-07-2011, 01:10
Quote:
i'm only a lowly honors degree holder with a professional charter

you're right, you're clearly smarter
Bush went to Harvard, your argument is invalid.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
117 - 03-07-2011, 01:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayz View Post
i'm going to go ahead and bet money that you (and most people) have the issue of being too dumb to get in rather than being able to afford it

also if you're smart enough you don't need money because the school gives need-based aid grants to people.
Nah, grade-wise, I was fine. I just didn't give enough of a **** back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetwi$e View Post
val why not just admit the school sucks and that u were 19 and made a dumb decision

its easier to manup and admit it then get keep going on like this getting trolled

seems like were 19 and admit u were on your own, seems reasonable to make mistakes
I already said exactly this many times. Stop reading what the retards say.

And I'm not getting trolled.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
118 - 03-07-2011, 01:12
Quote:
That's also true. Had I known anything about gs or gd.net I would've.

The opportunity came up, and I took it without thinking it through clearly. Young and stupid.
so what are you up to now anyway?

on a related note i got an electric engineer coworker to make an iphone app and in a month from not knowing **** (except a little scripting he did as a kid) to making a basic game... granted the game was an incredibly stupid and unoriginal idea, had 0 advertising, it worked and he actually made a few hundred $.

this started from the point of him whining about how miserable he is at his job as an EE lol

streetwi$e
Veteran5
Old
119 - 03-07-2011, 01:12
where u go to school at age 18 has a lot to do with your parents and social/family environment

even if your smart you can be in the wrong direction, **** happens most people regret what they picked at age 18, no one will admit it though

i respect people like ayz that went to duke and had their act together but ayz is also asian and probably had a strong family network pushing him

val from what he says was basically left on his own

im not an eknight for val im just being realistic about it, if he admits it was a mistake then fine his biggest error was trying to pass it off as a real degree and lieing about his "other" degree

it would also help if val was not such a douche on a regular basis

zorro
VeteranXV
Old
120 - 03-07-2011, 01:14
yet you're still here defending yourself

Page 6 of 16

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page did validuz really go to full sail university or is that a joke?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
and im stuck or something , cumming on validuz , falhawk; new bifocals , full sail university , hill rage , piece of shit hill , poor , too stupid to understand , validerp , validouche , validurrr , validuz = idiot , whooping in your asshole