Preliminary Stealth Bomber fit testing.

Brontez

Contributor
Veteran XX
Here's my preliminary fittings on the new stealth bombers. I had to actually fit these in-game and haven't had the benefit yet of EFT, so I'll probably change these up later. I also suck at Advanced Weapon Upgrades and need to fit in the 5 days to hit lvl 4, after that I should be able to use a few more T2 modules. I don't have any damage output stats yet since again, I can't see this in EFT, but I'm betting on ~3k volley dmg with a staggering 300+DPS with good skills.

Hound :ralf:
CPU 378
PG 50

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
'Arbalest' Siege Missile Launcher x3

Warp Scrambler II
'Langour' Drive Disruptor I
Medium Shield Extender II

Ballistic Control System II x2
Overdrive Injector System II

2807 EHP
1490 Shield EM25 TH30 KN40 EXP50
49m Sig
399 m/s

Best overall speed as well as best rechargable tank. Probably the most solid bomber for soloing.

You can drop the web and then replace the overdrive with another BCSII for more RAW dmg, but you actually should do more REAL dmg with the web since you're firing torps.

Manticore :doom:
CPU 410
PG 47.5

Initiated Harmonic Warp Scrambler I
ECM Burst II
Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction

2220 EHP
1398 Shield EM0 TH40 KN49 EX50
56m Sig
320 m/s

Great all-around stats and the widest range of mid-slot fitting options. Tank is good enough to take a few volleys, also has the best Ewar potential due to extremely high CPU. ECM burst is there just as an example, but think before popping a burst because it'll drain your whole cap. :(

Nemesis :tinfoil:
CPU 383
PG 47.5

Warp Scrambler II
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction

2317 EHP
1351 Shield EM0 TH30 KN55 EX50
53m Sig
330 m/s

The Nemesis is really tricky to fit, same slot configuration as the Manticore but not nearly enough CPU to use it. DMG is good, EHP is good, but with the low CPU and only 2 low slots you're left with very few options for fitting the mids. This is my least favorite bomber, but I'm going to take one out and see how it handles anyways.

You can use the shield extender as above, OR you can armor fit it for more EHP (3000 EHP w/200mm plate & DCII) but you destroy your dmg potential. You actually get more EHP if you compromise (OMNI TANK Med Extender with DCII 3379EHP) but that's pretty retarded IMO. If you want to tank that badly, use the Purifier because it has an even BETTER tank and doesn't trade off any DMG for it.

Purifier :satan:
CPU 372
PG 56

Initiated Harmonic Warp Scrambler I
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron

400mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

3464 EHP
1796 Armor EM50 TM35 KN35 EX40
45m Sig
327 m/s

The Purifier has by far the best potential to survive in a small fleet fight with its high EHP, good all-around resists and ultra low sig radius, but that tank is not rechargable like the other ships. The very low CPU on this ship really doesn't matter if you're using an armor plate, which you should be due to the 3-mid 3-low configuration. EM dmg is a no-no for some pilots, but a few of these will drop any Caldari shield tanker like a sack of shit. :bigthumb:

Notes:
Manticores used to be THE stealth bomber to use, partly because Caldari are missile-centric anyways but mostly because they had the best base targeting range. Currently your faction torps will be hitting in the 40-60km range depending on skills, don't bother using the long range T2 torps they'll take a week to reach their target. The importance of targeting range is no longer a factor in picking and fitting a bomber, you need to get up close and personal now, which makes that little HP buffer that much more important.

Overall, they all have strengths and weaknesses. To fit the bomb launcher you have to say bye bye to your HP and go back to one-hit-wonderland, but with bomb prices dropping and the ability to fit a bomb AND all 3 torp bays now, I'm sure we'll see bombers dropping bombs soon.

I'm going to have 1 of each of these shipped up to the war in a few days to test them and see how they work out in the real (internet) world. Hopefully the bomber changes will be in EFT soon as well, the above fits were extremely tight, but I have a feeling I can squeeze a little more out of them once I can see the numbers. :bandit:

Mogs IV > hey brugan
Mogs IV > are the stealth bomber changes the best thing to happen in eve since forever?
Mogs IV > i say yes
Mogs IV > i get hard thinking of fitting torpedoes on my stealth bomber
Mogs IV > and inserting myself stealthily behind enemy lines
Mogs IV > and bursting all over them
Mogs IV > with my white hot juggernaut torpedoes
Mogs IV > and they're all like "wtf sick, you came all over my face"
Mogs IV > and i'm like "oh sorry, i thought you liked it"
Mogs IV > and they're like, "fuck you im going home"
Mogs IV > and i'm like "shit, brb slitting wrists"

Mogs IV > hey brugan
Mogs IV > are the stealth bomber changes the best thing to happen in eve since forever?
Mogs IV > i say yes
Mogs IV > i get hard thinking of fitting torpedoes on my stealth bomber
Mogs IV > and inserting myself stealthily behind enemy lines
Mogs IV > and bursting all over them
Mogs IV > with my white hot juggernaut torpedoes
Mogs IV > and they're all like "wtf sick, you came all over my face"
Mogs IV > and i'm like "oh sorry, i thought you liked it"
Mogs IV > and they're like, "fuck you im going home"
Mogs IV > and i'm like "shit, brb slitting wrists"

:lol:

Back