Anyone into mountain bikes

Well Bros it looks like I'll be getting a slightly used Norco Revolver 29er hardtail. Probably way more bike than a newb needs but fuck it seems like a good deal at $1500cad

NorcoHT-16-1.jpg

More than I initially thought of spending but #YOLO it's a carbon frame 29er that was $3500 less than two years ago.

That will be awesome.

Yeah, biking is expensive. My full suspension bike was 3k, and it's no where near top of the line. A buddy spent 4700 on the next better one.

At 6k (AUS dollars) mine's good value. If I went all out it would be a custom build starting with a Pivot frame adds up to 10k + which is just too much for me to justify. Friend just got his new Yeti and that was about 8k (AUS dollars). I started with a $1k, then 4 years later a 4k and then 10 years later a 6k. I ride a shit load. It's not unusual for people to buy a 1k bike and they just sit there collecting dust. It's also not unusual for people to have 4-6 bikes. I have just one bike. It's treated like the precious thing that it is.

It's also not unusual for people to get their bikes stolen by thieves who target mountain bikes. They particularly like to steal from those shitty storage cages in apartment block garages. They spray over CCTV cameras and rip off bikes. Been cases here where organisaed thieves check public race results. Thinking these competitive people have good bikes, then they use phone listings to work out where they live. Had a detective explaining to us that here bikes are stolen by organised crime and then sent north to be shipped out of the country in containers. People typically thought it was just opportunist crack heads. Mine (kid's and wife's) are locked down to the fattest chain I could get which is dyna bolted to the concrete floor with the bolt tops coated in epoxy, under a cover, in a lock up garage in a good neighbourhood with private community security and they are insured. Every tool that could be used to get through those chains has been removed from the garage and stored (and locked up) somewhere else. Except for a couple of sentimental things in the house, if they break in I hope they take just about anything else except my PC, or my f'n bike.

Some of my friends had them but at the time, I had a bike that turned out to be my favorite all time bike. I still have it. It needs work.
iu

I still have a Diamondback Sorrento from 1993'ish, also needs some tlc

Ck9DPEt.jpg

Currently have a Trek dual sport which is nice for just getting around when away camping/holidays whatever.

(Deja Vu - We've done this before haven't we?)

Paratrooper-DC-Folded-sm.jpg

i got this to toss in my car (small suv) and not have to worry about (black people) stealing it since even if they busted the window out they would think it was broken.

ive done some light trail riding at camp grounds and its fun 4 sure, next weekend will take her into the catskills and hike + bike

(montague paratrooper PRO yeah i got the pro cuz im a fukken PRO)

Last edited:
I guess I should also point out that girlfriends usually don't have balls and you don't call it "riding bitch" for nothing

I've got a E mountain bike. Love it, always makes me smile when i ride, especially up hills.

Full suspension cause i'm old and there are lots of roots where I typically bike.

It has sensors that assist when you pedal (no throttle) get a pretty good workout. If I didn't have elec, i doubt I would go out at all.

Skirting the laws all my life, why not when biking too.

Paratrooper-DC-Folded-sm.jpg

i got this to toss in my car (small suv) and not have to worry about (black people) stealing it since even if they busted the window out they would think it was broken.

ive done some light trail riding at camp grounds and its fun 4 sure, next weekend will take her into the catskills and hike + bike

(montague paratrooper PRO yeah i got the pro cuz im a fukken PRO)

Nice. I've wanted one of those for years.

Well Bros it looks like I'll be getting a slightly used Norco Revolver 29er hardtail. Probably way more bike than a newb needs but fuck it seems like a good deal at $1500cad

NorcoHT-16-1.jpg

More than I initially thought of spending but #YOLO it's a carbon frame 29er that was $3500 less than two years ago.

Great find! I can't wait to read more, hear how it works out for you.

Last edited:
Picked it up today, had a chance to beat it around the neighborhood trails and school (steps, curbs and shit)

I'm super stoked. It's such a refined machine...the 1x gearset is awesome and the shifting feels laser precise. Very happy so far, it's crazy light. I haven't been on a mountain bike since I was a kid and I can bunny hop this thing on flat pedals wearing my Adidas slippers.

Needs a wash!

68326ace339212e569df7c0da1f12f42.jpg

How long until we see you in the Redbull mountain bike crazy-ass balls of steel races? That shit is extremely impressive.

Back