Endgame

I personally liked it when I did it, but its an esports level of commitment and balancing on the part of the developers - they're stuck with it forever, and any problems are always a nightmare.

It's a bit of a mess right now. Empire PVP is 90% Huttball and on BE's server Ilum ("open world PVP" zone ala Tol Barad) is a ghost town. Couple of daily quest hubs for tokens to buy gear mods. Hardmode flashpoints, from my limited experience, are exactly the same as the normal modes except the numbers are scaled up and every boss has an enrage timer (but otherwise no new mechanics). They are also very buggy (mobs not spawning, etc.). I haven't tried operations (raids), but I've heard they are largely bugged as well and there are serious issues with being able to get loot from bosses.

well that doesnt sound good :(

its a good thing i could probably spend the next few months going through the origin storylines... maybe they will have their shit squared away by then.
did the same shit in Dragon Age after I beat it.

I am taking my time leveling and not rushing to 50 at all, hopefully by the time I get there they'll have more end game fixed.

I'm kinda pissed at my friends for rolling Empire that has a 4/1 ratio; but we all assumed it would be the other way around. I'm toying with the idea of a Republic Alt.

Everything I'm reading about pvp is it seems balanced enough, and gearing is a small advantage, and doesn't determine the outcome. Hopefully that's the case.

I also hope the gearing system for pvp doesn't require raiding or dailies. I really just want to pvp in end game and that's it.

I'm kinda pissed at my friends for rolling Empire that has a 4/1 ratio; but we all assumed it would be the other way around. I'm toying with the idea of a Republic Alt.

Everything I'm reading about pvp is it seems balanced enough, and gearing is a small advantage, and doesn't determine the outcome. Hopefully that's the case.

I also hope the gearing system for pvp doesn't require raiding or dailies. I really just want to pvp in end game and that's it.

Didn't I tell you to play with us?! Roll alts here.

Play a ranged class!

So far the most fun I've had was with the Sith Inquisitor. I've tried all the republic classes and found their starting areas very boring. Frankly after being outnumbered by horde 4:1 for the last few years I'm ready to be bad and outnumber the goody goody jedi.

Proper use of abilities is what makes the difference for your team in pvp, I am only 25 on my trooper but the tools I have now have made it a lot more enjoyable. In hutball putting guardian on the ball carrier so I take 50% of the damage done to them, tossing a cryo grenade on somebody as they try to time their walk across the flames or pulling a chaser back behind flames that are on make a big difference overall. I can do decent damage too but the tools I have to help other people live longer are a better use of my ammo in most situations.

So far the most fun I've had was with the Sith Inquisitor. I've tried all the republic classes and found their starting areas very boring. Frankly after being outnumbered by horde 4:1 for the last few years I'm ready to be bad and outnumber the goody goody jedi.

We await your imminent arrival on Vulkar Highway.

They are ridiculously OP, as are hybrids of all kinds.

Being a Shadow is like being a rogue in old vanilla WoW. Hide in the background until you see some lowly single guy wander by. Murder him with a few backstabs (like 5 minimum which is meh but w/e) and then get chainlocked with stuns/roots by a gang of friends from a mile away and respawn. The freedom of movement spell needs to be more like a cloak of shadows in giving you immunity to roots/stuns/snares for 2 seconds or so or maybe a cheat-death type mechanic to help us get a few extra hits off.

The BGs promote a lot of AOE ranged bottlenecks though so ultimately I will die many times or spend half the map hiding just out of range.

Back