Page 15 of 57
FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
281 - 05-06-2011, 10:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
Grenade Launcher AKA Noob Tube.
IIRC, even a direct grenade on a light body type won't kill a player, it will only knock them down and hurt them a bit. I for one, am in favor of such gameplay mechanics

Sponsored Links
Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
282 - 05-06-2011, 10:25
getting excited for this game

#brink on tw irc

Diablo Escobar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
283 - 05-06-2011, 12:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf_nexus View Post
you must have not played tribes.
i certainly did. But the "all of your bullets and you don't kill him" scenario really is only a Halo issue

dibs
VeteranXV
Old
284 - 05-06-2011, 12:22
its a cod issue as well and will most likely be an issue with all upcoming fps if they continue down this road

dibs
VeteranXV
Old
285 - 05-06-2011, 12:23
sliding around knocking people down looks pretty fun

[N]PRIME189
VeteranXX
Old
286 - 05-06-2011, 12:51
get back from italy on the 22nd, by then the game should either be a hit or miss and i can pick which console or pc to get it for depending on who is playing

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
287 - 05-06-2011, 13:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo Escobar View Post
i certainly did. But the "all of your bullets and you don't kill him" scenario really is only a Halo issue
I dont have a problem with that. Obviously its not realistic, but it allows players to have a sort of dogfight to get kills, and opens a lot of gameplay mechanics and possibilities other than just initial position and instant twitch aim. And anyway there are plenty of ways to get near instant kills in Halo too.

Not that quicker kills are bad either, but games like counterstrike where you get potentially a 1 second firefight, then a LONG wait for respawn, can be frustrating and not conducive to fun gameplay.

starwolf_nexus
VeteranXV
Old
288 - 05-06-2011, 13:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
Not that quicker kills are bad either, but games like counterstrike where you get potentially a 1 second firefight, then a LONG wait for respawn, can be frustrating and not conducive to fun gameplay.
You'd be surprised that some people (me included) have more fun in games that require you to wait rather then have a game where you'd respawn endlessly... its because the decisions you make have consequences. I wish Rainbow Six had stayed nearly the same as Raven Shield not RNG-shooter #2001. Instead massive amount of games cater to the RNG idiots and noobs alike that will blindly run out into the open to get mowed down repeatedly.

unfortunately that's all the current market caters to and its sad to see that such High quality Games like Counter Strike and Real-Rainbow Six being seen as a "past" trend when they were highly successful because they doesn't coddle players.

Last edited by starwolf_nexus; 05-06-2011 at 13:41..
Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
289 - 05-06-2011, 13:26
Quote:
Will you show people their rank and status online like Bungie has done with Bungie.net? ***8211; Vapor Chaos

We***8217;re currently working on a stats website for Brink where you***8217;ll be able to see your progress through the game along with a whole bunch of statistics, including abilities, weapons, and even SMART moves. It***8217;ll also display summaries of your most recent matches and even show the overall status the on-going civil war raging on the Ark. We***8217;re very much looking forward to launching the site and think you***8217;ll really enjoy exploring it.

More on that soon!

How well is BRINK prepared for the competitive eSport scene? ***8212; Trivve

Splash Damage has a long history of supporting competitive players, starting all the way back with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory ***8211; that game is still being played competitively to this day, eight years after its release. We***8217;ve also got a fair few guys here at Splash Damage hailing from the clan scene, including myself!

As with our previous games, Brink features the competition-friendly Stopwatch game mode. If you haven***8217;t heard of it before, it***8217;s pretty straightforward. Both teams take it in turns to play on the attack and the one that manages to set the faster time wins. If neither team manages to play through the whole map within the timelimit, Brink will first check which team managed to make more progress, and if that***8217;s tied too, the team with the most XP wins.

We***8217;ve also made sure that our maps scale down to 5 on 5, since we know that smaller team sizes are very important for clan matches. We even have a special matchmaking playlist right in the console versions of game that***8217;s set up for these smaller team sizes. This playlist also turns on friendly fire and voice chat, while switching off things like Command Post buffs, bots, and overtime for the rawest competitive experience possible. On the PC, you***8217;ve got dedicated servers of course, so all of these settings are at your disposal as well.

Of course, all of that doesn***8217;t even take into account Brink***8217;s unique, objective-driven gameplay that***8217;s all about working together as a coordinated team. We just had a big community tournament here at the Splash Damage offices, and the variety of tactics being used there was a huge amount of fun to watch. We can***8217;t wait to see all the crazy things people come up with once the game is released and people are really diving into it!

Do you have any DLC planned (maps, weapons, etc)? ***8211; Carter

We like the idea of downloadable content, but it would have to offer good value for players. Right now we are fully focused on Brink***8217;s release and haven***8217;t got anything to announce there.

Will there be any support for Linux? ***8211; Igor

We are working on dedicated server files for Linux, since we know how important that is to the community at large. There are no plans for a Linux client at the moment.

Will the PC version ever get mod tools at some point? ***8211; Tyler

Releasing an SDK is something that***8217;s still being discussed. Our highest priority is getting Brink released for all of you to enjoy.

I saw a medium body type wielding a minigun. Can they do that? ***8211; Partykdk

Miniguns are part of the heavy weapons in Brink, so you need to be the heavy body type to use them.

Can you change body-types in game or between matches? ***8211; Matt

Once you unlock the heavy body type at level 5 and the light body type at level 7, you can switch body types at any time in the appearance customization menu in between matches. It***8217;s an important decision with fairly wide-ranging consequences, so choose wisely!

From the gameplay vids it looks like most of the weapons are automatic machine guns. Are there any rifles or semi-automatic weapons? - Andy013

Sure! We***8217;ve got several bolt action rifles in the game, along with different flavors of pistols, shotguns, and even grenade launchers. There***8217;s something for everyone.

Will knives be included or strictly firearms and grenades ? ***8211; Chris

You get to wield a knife in your other hand if you choose a one-handed weapon like a pistol or a revolver. While melee attacks with the knife don***8217;t knock people down as a melee attack with a two-handed weapon would, they inflict significantly more damage. This works really well in combination with the movement speed and agility of the light body type!

Will there be any demo prior to release? ***8211; cyberbemon

We don***8217;t have a demo planned. There***8217;s a huge amount of effort required to put together a demo and making that happen would have meant pushing Brink back. With so much excitement for the game all over the world, we chose to focus on all of our efforts on making the game as fun as possible and getting it wrapped up for release. Brink is nearly out now and we couldn***8217;t be more excited.
Bethesda Blog

Diablo Escobar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
290 - 05-06-2011, 14:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibs View Post
its a cod issue as well and will most likely be an issue with all upcoming fps if they continue down this road
You're high. People die outrageously fast in CoD, i've never emptied a full clip into one person in CoD and if you're capable of doing that you're going to die long before you go through all your bullets.

max
VeteranXV
Old
291 - 05-06-2011, 14:50
D2D just updated their promos between me forgetting my password and trying now (roughly 1 hour).

Use code SIZZLE to get 25% off any pre-order.

$37.46 + tax for Brink.

****ing **** their phone verification system isn't working so I have to contact customer support which uses a ticket system, which further requires making a new user account just to use it which for some ****ing reason is different than the D2D login. ****ing annoying.

final update: Used my CC this time instead of PayPal and it all went through without phone authorization. So don't use paypal.

Last edited by max; 05-06-2011 at 15:11.. Reason: fucking paypal + taxes
substance
VeteranXV
Old
292 - 05-06-2011, 15:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
D2D just updated their promos between me forgetting my password and trying now (roughly 1 hour).

$37.46 + tax for Brink.
I really hope they give us our keys pre-release..

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
293 - 05-06-2011, 15:06
how does it work anyway with D2D.. i've pre-ordered but i guess i can only download it from the day of release right.. not like a day or two in advance and that you get the key @ release day?

substance
VeteranXV
Old
294 - 05-06-2011, 15:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehvi View Post
how does it work anyway with D2D.. i've pre-ordered but i guess i can only download it from the day of release right.. not like a day or two in advance and that you get the key @ release day?
That's what I'm wondering, I know all D2D does is give you a key(you still download/play through steam) but I don't know WHEN they give out those keys.

I'm really hoping they give them to us at least a day in advance so we can preload from steam. I can't seem to find anyone who has preordered from D2D before.

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
295 - 05-06-2011, 17:29
hmm.. k.. well as long as on the day of release we can download and play it i'm happy :-) gonna play the SP first anyway haha..

max
VeteranXV
Old
296 - 05-06-2011, 17:52
Quote:
hmm.. k.. well as long as on the day of release we can download and play it i'm happy :-) gonna play the SP first anyway haha..
I haven't honestly followed this game much at all -- is there any advantage/point to playing it SP?

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
297 - 05-06-2011, 18:10
i don't know.. but always when i buy a game for MP i just play the SP first.. you can play the SP in co-op mode which looks like fun.. but afaik the MP maps are mostly just cuts out of the SP ride..

Hansel
VeteranXV
Old
298 - 05-06-2011, 18:52
Quote:
i don't know.. but always when i buy a game for MP i just play the SP first.. you can play the SP in co-op mode which looks like fun.. but afaik the MP maps are mostly just cuts out of the SP ride..
In Brink SP and MP are the same game. You can start SP game and make it public so that other people can join your game. If you choose to play SP alone you are basically just playing with bots. If a player leaves from MP game, a bot will take his place, so there is always 16 players.

You can either play the campaign for Security or Resistance from the beginning or choose to play specific missions in no particular order. There is also a challenge mode, where you can unlock weapons for the main game.

I also remember reading that you get less XP if you are not playing with other humans, but that could have changed.

Grief
VeteranX
Old
299 - 05-06-2011, 20:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post

$37.46 + tax for Brink.
Just bought it using this code, then plugged the CD key they gave me straight into Steam and it's pre-loading there.

Thanks

substance
VeteranXV
Old
300 - 05-06-2011, 20:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grief View Post
Just bought it using this code, then plugged the CD key they gave me straight into Steam and it's pre-loading there.

Thanks
oh **** steam preloading is up! D2D customers can get their key too.

Page 15 of 57

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Brink]New FPS from Splash Damage

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard