Next expansion rumors (Cataclysm?)

The ss's look good so far I think. I'm wondering if they're going to be slightly updating the original player models because the goblin/worgen ones look more high poly/texture res compared to them.

why would they? most mobs in wotlk and bc are just rehashed from original wow (with extra horns!)... and this expac is just a rehash of the original wow.

ono 1000k needles will be flooded!... im sure adding a 2 poly water surface took them months of work

Last edited:
not expansion related but in an interview a guy from blizz states that they do want to allow same-faction race changes down the line after cross-faction

After seeing the new race racials (goblins get forward disengage, worgens get short sprint), I would hope so.

At blizzcon. Played goblins for about 15 minutes and they were much more fun than I anticipated. The racials are insane, 1 minute mail box, rocket barrage, rocket jump, faster swim speed...pretty fun if you can look past how goofy they lock.

My gf was playing the worgens next to me and their zone looked much more polished and the animation from human to worgen is leet.

I caught the second half of q and a and the coolest stuff I heard about was reforging where you basically re-itemize the stats on your gear. With crafting professions you can level in fives with tougher to craft items.

Reforging to me seems like its really going to customize toons so much that looking at a spread sheet, ej etc might not be beneficial anymore. Ill update other things later.

At blizzcon. Played goblins for about 15 minutes and they were much more fun than I anticipated. The racials are insane, 1 minute mail box, rocket barrage, rocket jump, faster swim speed...pretty fun if you can look past how goofy they lock.

My gf was playing the worgens next to me and their zone looked much more polished and the animation from human to worgen is leet.

I caught the second half of q and a and the coolest stuff I heard about was reforging where you basically re-itemize the stats on your gear. With crafting professions you can level in fives with tougher to craft items.

Reforging to me seems like its really going to customize toons so much that looking at a spread sheet, ej etc might not be beneficial anymore. Ill update other things later.

Who won the sound-alike and dance contests? DTV decided that we shouldn't see the rest of it and cut it off early.

Anyone else think that this exp looks like ugly balls so far? Goblins and Worgen look like absolute shit, as does most of the annihilated old world (seriously, more of the same fire elementals? fuck me). Gilneas looks awesome, almost like a different MMO, and yeah they did make it sound like we'll still be fighting the Lich King while this happens.

I dunno, so far not that excited (which sucks because I was balls deep into TBC and pretty damn jazzed for WOTLK).

Goblin Paladins would be fun. Retarded, but I'd make one :D

I'm kind of hoping that the lack of making a new class and an entire world full of new dungeons would lend itself freeing up more time to devote to actual quest/raid content, but maybe I'm being too optimistic.

My words, I must eat them:

Each starting experience will be presented in a fashion similar to the death knight starting area in Wrath of the Lich King, and these starting zones will make extensive use of our new phased-terrain technology.

but also:
Will I need the expansion to be able to experience the Cataclysm changes?

When the Cataclysm occurs, it will occur for all players, whether they have purchased the expansion or not--you will no longer be to play in the original version of Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. However, certain features such as the new zones, new races, and new level cap will only be accessible to players who purchase the expansion.

not expansion related but in an interview a guy from blizz states that they do want to allow same-faction race changes down the line after cross-faction
Amen :p It's not that it will matter much, but after 4.5 years of the same main some change is good. Goblin priest inc.

Some of the screenshots on the second page suggest these new BGs could be akin to RvR lakes (particularly the one with alliance setting up in what is clearly the Barrens). They copied guild levels, so why not that? It's less resource-intensive than BGs (no instance copies) and you can make them smaller to accommodate zones they are placed it.

Some of the changes look pretty sweet now actually, and it's good to know that the worgen and goblin models are placeholders because they are fucking terrible looking currently.

"Shadowmourne - You won't get Frostmourne in Icecrown but Death Knights and Hunters will get a Legendary Axe named Shadowmourne."

LMFAO fucking Hunters. Every time.

Game changing updates never go over well in mmos... I'm not a fan for the new world changes mostly because I have yet to get into endgame WoW. I just recently started back up and now I hear they are going to change most of the world to be different, now i'll never get to experiance the original game which pisses me off.

The expansion won't be out for a good several months at least! That's plenty of time to experience the world as it currently is

Some changes look very cool, some look fucking retarded.

But since they aren't adding another hero class, I'll play it.

The itemization changes are what bother me the most so far...I guess it isn't all that major but it's also really unnecessary.

Lots of Warhammer inspired changes in this too, which is a good thing since WAR had a ton of great ideas that just happened to be placed on a shitty game.

Last edited:
I'm excited by the looks of the new exp, no other real game on the horizon to make me stop playing.

Hearing some shit down the pipe that are in the Q and A Cataclysm panels from the blizzcon casts isn't boding well.

Hearing some shit down the pipe that are in the Q and A Cataclysm panels from the blizzcon casts isn't boding well.

i recognize the letters, but making out the english is rough. Anyone got a dumbass translator?

Back