Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Webstats post for the fags in StK
Page 9 of 12
HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
161 - 06-06-2008, 18:22
it wouldnt be so much of a grind if mmo mobs had any sort of ai.

Sponsored Links
Sigma
VeteranX
Old
162 - 06-06-2008, 18:30
Who cares about the mob grind in a PvP game?
You pussies obviously haven't done Pre-CU SWG grinding.

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
163 - 06-06-2008, 18:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph View Post
Yea, towards the end there I really enjoyed 10s alot more than 25s cause I knew the 9 other people there with me wanted to get better and we all relied on each other. Instead of being able to slack off in 25s and still down content, which I am guilty of doing on occasion as well, its just human nature.
This is why I always got along great with Zeph. For one thing he was always a smartass and had some **** to say, whether productive or not. I don't get offended and as you know, I laugh when others do get offended over harmless comments made simply to get them riled up. 10mans are nice because you know damn well who the ****ty players are, the same ****ty players that come along for 25s and blend in and try to hide their flaws.

Zeph was down to run anything at any time on any character that he had access to, others don't do a damn thing to better their character(s) other than log in for 25s and ask for loot. Zeph was the only person in the guild calling those people out but it fell on deaf ears. He's not the only person up in 10mans that doesn't have any upgrades to pick up, but he was always there whether we had a raid of ringers or ****ty alts and we had fun. Uno's the only regular 10man person I've seen zeph give **** and really it's just because he's easy to piss off. If I was easily offended then he would've been doing the same to me, but I always just threw it back at him and we both laughed.

I don't dislike anyone in the guild but Mossy and that's only because every time that dumb mother****er talks on vent it makes me want to reach through my monitor and punch him in the face. It's to the point that when he talks in guild chat I imagine him saying what he's typing in real life and it pisses me off just the same.

I understand why Zeph transferred because it's in a way the same reason I ended up with you guys on Onyxia. People stop showing up for the fun **** on off nights, people stop doing anything but logging in for the free loot then they're nowhere to be found until the next raid night, etc. I went through 2-3 months in TC where on many off nights we'd be lucky to have 5 people online and saw the same **** where people would get everything they wanted then stop showing up for 10s and not give a **** about 25s until something they want drops off a boss.

JiVoX
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
164 - 06-06-2008, 18:36
I'm so upset. Who will I gkick once an hour now? Zeph, come back!

Well I have AoC to kill you in. . . Good enough.

Sigma
VeteranX
Old
165 - 06-06-2008, 18:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaqaho View Post
I understand why Zeph transferred because it's in a way the same reason I ended up with you guys on Onyxia. People stop showing up for the fun **** on off nights, people stop doing anything but logging in for the free loot then they're nowhere to be found until the next raid night, etc. I went through 2-3 months in TC where on many off nights we'd be lucky to have 5 people online and saw the same **** where people would get everything they wanted then stop showing up for 10s and not give a **** about 25s until something they want drops off a boss.
Yeah, it does seem that 10-mans have disappeared recently. I actually think that the decline started when we stopped using the raid scheduler, however. It seems that off nights have become AoC raid nights, if not quite that official.

Actually... that doesn't sound like such a bad idea. We should arrange a day to group up and pvp-steamroll everyone in sight on AoC under our cluster of mans.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
166 - 06-06-2008, 18:47
Quote:
This is why I always got along great with Zeph. For one thing he was always a smartass and had some **** to say, whether productive or not. I don't get offended and as you know, I laugh when others do get offended over harmless comments made simply to get them riled up. 10mans are nice because you know damn well who the ****ty players are, the same ****ty players that come along for 25s and blend in and try to hide their flaws.

Zeph was down to run anything at any time on any character that he had access to, others don't do a damn thing to better their character(s) other than log in for 25s and ask for loot. Zeph was the only person in the guild calling those people out but it fell on deaf ears. He's not the only person up in 10mans that doesn't have any upgrades to pick up, but he was always there whether we had a raid of ringers or ****ty alts and we had fun. Uno's the only regular 10man person I've seen zeph give **** and really it's just because he's easy to piss off. If I was easily offended then he would've been doing the same to me, but I always just threw it back at him and we both laughed.

I don't dislike anyone in the guild but Mossy and that's only because every time that dumb mother****er talks on vent it makes me want to reach through my monitor and punch him in the face. It's to the point that when he talks in guild chat I imagine him saying what he's typing in real life and it pisses me off just the same.

I'm sorry smaq, but a bunch of this is bull****. You make it sound like some of us just log in to do 25s for loot, when in reality, there's 2 parts to playing this or any other type of mmo:

1) For the atmosphere. When not logged into WoW, I do have fun logging into AOC playing with the same people. I'm not logging into WoW just for loot.

2) For the game. When it's not fun anymore to do 10s or 5s, I chose to spend my time in other ways in the form of GTA4, catching some playoffs, and perhaps leaving my computer once in a while. WoW is just a total timesink, and I've never been a perfectionist of loot (which is why I still don't have a trinket).

You know me, I don't cry about loot. If anything, I've voiced a complaint once in TC over loot.

Next up is "zeph was the only one in the guild calling those people out and it fell on deaf ears." Is this a joke? I can't review WWS? I don't see what's going on during raids? It didn't fall on deaf ears. We're not hardcore. We're not optimizing for TC style of progression. The reason you're here is BECAUSE of that. The reason zeph left for a Sunwell guild is because he WANTED that, as opposed to the rest of us. I'm not going to start booting people left and right, recruit a bunch of pro ****ing WoW players (lol) and have an atmosphere like TC again, where all the fun people left.

For a lot of us, "fun **** on the offnights" may not include WoW. I call out people when I see a severe lack of performance, not because they didn't maximize their performance. If anything, zeph may have ran the 10s seriously, but slacked off during the 25s which he admits to doing. When he performed ****ty, I didn't call him out on it either because generally he performs well.

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
167 - 06-06-2008, 18:48
Quote:
I went through 2-3 months in TC where on many off nights we'd be lucky to have 5 people online and saw the same **** where people would get everything they wanted then stop showing up for 10s and not give a **** about 25s until something they want drops off a boss.
i think part of the issue is this guild was never intended to be "hardcore". im amazed where we are at now. i remember when we were debating on doing gruuls or not, this was less than 6 months ago.

sure, it spawned a few hardcore people, but i dont think it lasted for most (im pretty burnt out on non-25man stuff myself... having 800+ badges says I put my work in, even tho i still need **** in ZA).

i can understand wanting to leave for something more hardcore, because StK is not that, it was never intended to be.

i like our style. we dont try very hard but we still have results.

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
168 - 06-06-2008, 18:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
Yeah, it does seem that 10-mans have disappeared recently. I actually think that the decline started when we stopped using the raid scheduler, however. It seems that off nights have become AoC raid nights, if not quite that official.

Actually... that doesn't sound like such a bad idea. We should arrange a day to group up and pvp-steamroll everyone in sight on AoC under our cluster of mans.
yeah, i thought ditching the schedule forum/phpraider hurt our attendance too.

AoC is still an unknown, people could hate the game in a month, im not putting anything into it.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
169 - 06-06-2008, 18:51
Frankly, I'm WAY past that point in my life where I ever want to play any type of video game hardcore again. But if that's what some people want to do, I certainly am not going to try and hold them back because of it.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
170 - 06-06-2008, 18:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blotter View Post
yeah, i thought ditching the schedule forum/phpraider hurt our attendance too.

AoC is still an unknown, people could hate the game in a month, im not putting anything into it.
If anything, I'm pushing for AoC because I'm certain I'll be playing it on a casual level. Since I have RL friends playing it, I know for a fact that I will at least enjoy the screwing around and **** in the game. And the reason I'm pushing for it because I also enjoy playing games with just about everyone in the guild, and getting drunk and saying stupid **** on vent keeps it interesting.

Sigma
VeteranX
Old
171 - 06-06-2008, 18:53
On another note, our site is no longer being hacked by the Chinese.

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
172 - 06-06-2008, 18:54
i dunno if i have it in me to grind/re-learn a whole new game. ill probably play some this weekend, maybe sunday.

tho i just got ninja gaiden 2 and its nice to do some button mashing for a change

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
173 - 06-06-2008, 18:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blotter View Post
i dunno if i have it in me to grind/re-learn a whole new game. ill probably play some this weekend, maybe sunday.

tho i just got ninja gaiden 2 and its nice to do some button mashing for a change
I'm not min/maxing in AoC either. There's no webstats or whatever. I don't know the intricacies of the game either. Fun part for me has been playing something "new" and not reading up all about the different classes and their talents. It's just about going out with a few buds and doing some PvP. I really don't care if we're the best at it or not, but I'm certain we'll fare well if a majority of the people from the guild just plays it casually.

It all goes back to when we first formed this guild...The whole purpose of it was to grab a bunch of people who didn't want to dedicate their life to a video game anymore, knew they wouldn't be hardcore with trying to maximize on finely tuned fights but still wanted to see SOME content.

loto
VeteranXX
Old
174 - 06-06-2008, 19:10
we all know stk started kicking ass when i joined. i'm the life force behind the guild.

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
175 - 06-06-2008, 19:12
its true. we really only have 12 people in the guild, loto plays the rest of the characters himself.

Synth
VeteranXX
Old
176 - 06-06-2008, 19:19
it got to the point where i had zeph ignored in game and on vent. There would be 24 other people raiding and he always had to be in the spotlight and it got really annoying after a while. I chose to ignore rather than confront HEHH

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
177 - 06-06-2008, 19:25
I just get burned out tanking, but I still try to help out when needed for 10 mans, I did play a prot paly alliance side for 6 months then started leveling a BE paly on tichon, I was 62 before adren put a post on TW and I joined the guild expecting to do kara, 5 mans heroics and some ZA. It turned into me tanking 5 mans heroic and regular, kara, za and 25 mans, which after awhile of tanking 7 days a week in raids it gets to be too much after months of it.

It is always a fun break to play my mage alt or lock alt and just get to chill in the back pressing a couple of buttons.

a$e
Veteran++
Old
178 - 06-06-2008, 20:24
Did you guys kick Araya yet?

zeph
VeteranXV
Old
179 - 06-06-2008, 20:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by a$e View Post
Did you guys kick Araya yet?
Did you post a parse yet? I'll give you a hint, the answer to both of these questions is the same.

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
180 - 06-06-2008, 21:12
What the **** is the point of being a huge douche all the time just because you can. That's niggardly.

Page 9 of 12

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Webstats post for the fags in StK

Social Website Bullshit