[Illidan] Yey

24 kills, 4 mainhand glaives, zero offhand.

our only two healing trinkets are rotting away on inactive accounts as well.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I haven't been actively raiding with them due to RL shit lately which is why I'm all T5 gear.
It's crazy that I've been on Tich since day2 after release and I've never heard of or seen anyone from your guild, yet you guys have killed Illidan. Grats nonetheless.

We've actually had a fair amount of luck. In maybe 30 kills (1st week of August was our first) we have 1 full set and an additional 3 offhands. We do only have 3 mementos (but alchemists can make one for next to nothing in 2.4!) and I think 2 cloth dps hats but we've had enough healing maces and shitty daggers to give them to offspecs or for people to bank for whatever reason.

in 3v3s we just raped a DW warglaive rogue + hunter with some crazy hyjal bow + decked out shammy. was quite funny...

anyone that has both i pitty and :lol: at for losing at wow and life.

We've actually had a fair amount of luck. In maybe 30 kills (1st week of August was our first) we have 1 full set and an additional 3 offhands. We do only have 3 mementos (but alchemists can make one for next to nothing in 2.4!) and I think 2 cloth dps hats but we've had enough healing maces and shitty daggers to give them to offspecs or for people to bank for whatever reason.
Similar to us. We have 1 set and 2 more MHs in 27ish kills. We also have lots of mages and priests with Shards of Azzinoth. I think we only have 2 mementos, but I don't really follow healer loot. =p

I like how we killed Illidan on the 25th and you killed him on the 26th yet Wowjutsu updated your information a full week before they updated ours and we're now behind u because of it.

Anyway, grats on ur kill.

i like how nerds think its a competition
Quite possibly the worst thing about the WoW community--people are on an endless quest to make themselves believe some aspect of this game is difficult, when in reality both raiding and PvP are laughably easy.

Though, if I did have to pick one...PvP on BG9 is probably tougher than PvE. PvP on some random BG with some PvE servers and RP servers is probably the easiest thing to do in this game though.

I just don't see how anyone can believe PvP in this game isn't fundamentally flawed...it's a raiding game, even if half the fucking end game is a retard check that's constantly getting nerfed.

WTB Pre BC.

I wonder if any PvP server PvP guilds ever transfered to a PvE/RP battlegroup purely to dominate everything.

Quite possibly the worst thing about the WoW community--people are on an endless quest to make themselves believe some aspect of this game is difficult, when in reality both raiding and PvP are laughably easy.

Why the fuck do people keep saying PvP is easy? How can one make a blanket statement like that? It fucking depends on the quality of your opponents.

I can understand saying it about raiding because the game has the same encounters for everyone, but saying it about PvP is just stupid.

Last edited:
Why the fuck do people keep saying PvP is easy? How can one make a blanket statement like that? It fucking depends on the quality of your opponents.

I can understand saying it about raiding because the game has the same encounters for everyone, but saying it about PvP is just stupid.
Because the design of the PvP is so cookie cutter and redundant and lacks so much variation that it doesn't matter who your individual opponents are--just what combo they are running.

It's actually starting to get a little bit better with some interesting specs and combos starting to pop up in 2v2 and 3v3 but once you get to high ratings you're really not playing a ton of different people/combos.

The issue is that Blizz doesn't seem to mind that certain specs and 41 talent points for some classes are just not viable in PvP. When you combine this with the fact that anyone can steal anyone's spec at any time now, you get flavors of the month and copycat speccing / gearing / gemming, etc. And since the game has gotten more gear dependent as BC has progressed, the gap between the really fucking good players and the just "solid" players has shrunk a great deal...the thing that separates them now is simply playing a lot together and learning how to beat certain combinations vs doing 10 games a week just for points.

5v5 on a competitive BG like 9 certainly isn't a walk in the park (and you'll notice that I even said that in my post) but anyone who's ever played another MMO will say how dumbed down WoW's PvP really is--and flawed on many levels.

Last edited:
That was a great analysis and everything, but I'm trying to find the part where you justify calling PvP as a whole "laughably easy."

If it's "laughably easy" for you, then I'm sure I can Armory you and see that you're in top 10 BG9 teams in all three brackets.

WTB Pre BC.

I suppose if you love grinds or herding cats it's a lot of fun? Pre expansion WoW could not hold my interest for more than 2 months. It really wasn't as great as a lot of people seem to think it was. The only reason I can think of that people liked it more is because they wanted a huge dick by showing off their AQ purps to 95% of the rest of the population. Now they're pissed that they're not special anymore.

anyone who's ever played another MMO will say how dumbed down WoW's PvP really is--and flawed on many levels.

Yea, I lot of people do say this. They never really seem to back it up with any evidence, but I do hear it lot. Please enlighten it me as to how it is flawed -- on many levels.

I suppose if you love grinds or herding cats it's a lot of fun? Pre expansion WoW could not hold my interest for more than 2 months. It really wasn't as great as a lot of people seem to think it was. The only reason I can think of that people liked it more is because they wanted a huge dick by showing off their AQ purps to 95% of the rest of the population. Now they're pissed that they're not special anymore.
The entire purpose of WoW is now to do exactly what you are proving with this statement. It's designed to dangle everything you ever wanted in terms of gear right in front of you so that you keep paying your 15 bucks a month to keep getting all the new gear that they make easier to obtain every patch.

And certainly epeen does have something to do with it for the raiders--but the thing is, I wasn't a raider. The farthest I ever got pre BC was Nefarian.

The reason I want Pre BC back is for the PvP. I think WoW has become even more of a raiding game, and if you like raiding, it's fine for that--but the PvP has gone downhill, that's why you see a high concentration of the old school PvPers on 1-2 battlegroups and everywhere else is simply not competitive. Server transfers basically stole many good players from some of the less competitive BGs (ie Spoh, Glorin, etc from my old BG).

Yea, I lot of people do say this. They never really seem to back it up with any evidence, but I do hear it lot. Please enlighten it me as to how it is flawed -- on many levels.

Let me type up a separate post for this...I agree, I've never really laid out exactly what I find terrible about the PvP in WoW and I think it needs to be done, though I feel it will be a waste of time.

I'll wait for your post, but PVP pre TBC involved months of grinding and manipulation to achieve highwarlord. Premades would scout out pug groups to optimize their honor per hour. I would guess that the GM/HW grind was worse than raiding naxx in terms of hours needed.

That was a great analysis and everything, but I'm trying to find the part where you justify calling PvP as a whole "laughably easy."

If it's "laughably easy" for you, then I'm sure I can Armory you and see that you're in top 10 BG9 teams in all three brackets.
Perhaps I should clarify what I mean by laughably easy then. I didn't do that and I agree, that was a pretty vague statement.

I mean it is extremely easy to play your class / team in an arena...the design of the classes are so simplistic and the variation in specs / gear is so non-existent that it's a joke to pick up any class and play it well.

Now, this doesn't mean you are guaranteed to be in the top ten on BG9...if you play casually 10 games a week with a combination that just isn't great, you will never beat certain other combos (with competent players), even if you play your class well. And I'm not saying there aren't subtleties to every class...because there are, and they (along with experience and playing lots of games each week) are what separate the good players from the great players. But to deny the fact that the game has become more about cookie cutter gear and spec is ridiculous...it's just how it is.

As for my ratings...I believe it's entirely inconsequential because I've never claimed to be a top player--though I have held solid ratings in all 3 brackets, but I'm no Merciless Gladiator on BG9 or anything :) Most of my PvP was done Pre BC which is also inconsequential, so I don't need to talk about that.

Anyway, I suppose I should get to work on justifying why I believe the PvP is flawed on many levels :(

I'll wait for your post, but PVP pre TBC involved months of grinding and manipulation to achieve highwarlord. Premades would scout out pug groups to optimize their honor per hour. I would guess that the GM/HW grind was worse than raiding naxx in terms of hours needed.
Oh I agree 100% -- The first system wasn't perfect at all.

I think it was better than the current system however...just handing out gear like candy is probably the best way to guarantee a lack of variety in gameplay.

With the old system, you could at least get rank 11 and an OEB or a Zin'Rokh or something and be competitive...that'd be like getting a 2.3k rating with the blue pvp set and a gorehowl or something now.

But yeah, something in the middle of that would be ideal for me...I guess I really can't offer a better solution off the top of my head--it's not a very easy thing to design and I understand why the DEVs chose the route they did. But anyway, writing the big bitch about wow pvp post.

Back