taking wow (and mmo's) too far

And you're some sort of expert on this topic? Google "introversion"
You've done nothing more than mumble "friends good, alone bad" out of subjective ignorance.
yeah this is really relevant.

you're an idiot, if you seriously think that every single person that plays WoW is introverted. Introverted people probably make up 10% of people that play WoW. most of the people that play WoW are fucking normal kids, that have friends, or school, or a part time job, or play a sport, etc. etc. but put everything off to play WoW all the time.

so what about those introverted people huh? you think i give a fuck about someone who doesnt want to associate with anyone? you don't wanna talk to me, i don't wanna talk to you either. that just about covers the topic of "introversion" and your little fetish with introverted people.

and yeah, if you haven't guessed it, i'm the type of kid when i was in middle school, and the retarded kids walked by in the halls and made wierd noises, we would laugh at them.

you're an idiot, if you seriously think that every single person that plays WoW is introverted. Introverted people probably make up 10% of people that play WoW. most of the people that play WoW are fucking normal kids, that have friends, or school, or a part time job, or play a sport, etc. etc. but put everything off to play WoW all the time.

so what about those introverted people huh? you think i give a fuck about someone who doesnt want to associate with anyone? you don't wanna talk to me, i don't wanna talk to you either. that just about covers the topic of "introversion" and your little fetish with introverted people.

and yeah, if you haven't guessed it, i'm the type of kid when i was in middle school, and the retarded kids walked by in the halls and made wierd noises, we would laugh at them.

:rofl:

you're an idiot, if you seriously think that every single person that plays WoW is introverted. Introverted people probably make up 10% of people that play WoW.
So like you still have no idea what "introverted" means then? 10%? Did you like take a poll or something?
most of the people that play WoW are fucking normal kids, that have friends, or school, or a part time job, or play a sport, etc. etc. but put everything off to play WoW all the time.
you mean, like you did? Introverts are abnormal?
so what about those introverted people huh? you think i give a fuck about someone who doesnt want to associate with anyone?
this thread proves that you do, indeed, give a fuck.
you don't wanna talk to me, i don't wanna talk to you either. that just about covers the topic of "introversion" and your little fetish with introverted people.
apparently you're still dealing with unresolved issues

So like you still have no idea what "introverted" means then? 10%? Did you like take a poll or something?

no, but the majority of people i've talked to on ventrillo seem perfectly normal, some a little bit shy, but willing to have a conversation once they got comfortable. even the hardcore raiders.

the rest of your shit doesnt even make sense.. "unresolved issues" smiley face blah blah whatever

lol hollly shit this is too fun guys, i wish i could stay longer but i'm sick of being on my computer. time to go to my friends house and forget that people like you idiots even exist, while you continue to be fascinated and bewildered by my posts.

no, but the majority of people i've talked to on ventrillo seem perfectly normal, some a little bit shy, but willing to have a conversation once they got comfortable. even the hardcore raiders.
again, you have no idea what introversion is, do you?

again, you have no idea what introversion is, do you?

i'll get back to you later on that one, don't feel like typing another response right now. and yes i googled it and yes it is a legitamite "psychological disorder" for some people, but it doesn't mean the majority of WoW players are introverted. and my argument is directed at the "normal" people (aka the majority), and well it may not apply to introverted people who enjoy being alone, it sure as fuck applies to the people who put shit off to play the game(and there are plenty of them out there).

lol hollly shit this is too fun guys, i wish i could stay longer but i'm sick of being on my computer. time to go to my friends house and forget that people like you idiots even exist, while you continue to be fascinated and bewildered by my posts.

Man, I bet you've got some stupid friends to boost that ego.

versus the 400 threads you've made about wow with regards to your multiple 60's, twinking, and gold farming?

give me a break

Sorry, but where did i say i dont play the game a lot and enoy all aspects of it?

I enjoy playing the AH cuz it's a fun part of the game but i honestly spend no more than a couple hours a week on it. I'm not wow-rich at all, so if you think my 3-4 AH threads over the years indicate the type of obesssion im talking about then you've been mislead.

I dont even have a lot of tier2 gear. Trying to suggest im the type of person i was referring to is perhaps cute for a nice tribalwar retort but a tad offbase. When i catch myself obsessign a bit too much i force myself to change up (i.e. switch to twinking, switch to farming, switch to raiding, not playing at all for a while, etc).

Now, i think the game it totally fun and there's endless shit to talk about. I'm a wow addict myself, and im not trying to hide it.

But im saying there are people who literally get so caught up in the game's achievements and fantasy stuff that they forget it's just a fuckin game. Now, you can flame me and try to twist my words but i think you're smart enough to understand the point.

If you guys think the AH threads are pathetic, fine... dont read them. Most $ for us. :lol:

But im saying there are people who literally get so caught up in the game's achievements and fantasy stuff that they forget it's just a fuckin game. Now, you can flame me and try to twist my words but i think you're smart enough to understand the point.
You mean literally get caught up trying to play ah's and get fantasy gold?

You're drawing a subjective line beyond your feet and i feel that if you took one step towards it, you would just draw another one.

I guess my real issue is: how much information are you using in determining how absorbed someone is? You referred to time spent talking about gear, but in turn you do an excessive amount of talking about other aspects of the game here. So i guess the real issue is: what information do you possess about other people's private feelings that they themselves can't flip the coin on you?

i completely agree with the article. after playing for about 100 days i now believe MMO's are the dumbest invention on this earth. people who play seriously give up either 1 of 3 things: 1. job, 2. school, 3. social life. and no, you can't balance all 3 if you're serious about life, im sorry i cant believe you idiots who say you can balance everything, cuz every time i log on you're the type of person that's always online. sure it may be just your social life, or it may be that you're just putting of school, or it may be that you're putting off your job. but there is no time for 5-6 hours a night of fucking VIDEOGAMES if
you're serious about life whatsoever. and if you believe that there is room for that in today's modern society, you're a fucking dumbass. unless of course your a spoiled bitch whos father owns a major corporation that you dont have to go to school to take over (there are plenty of those little spoiled fucks out there... youll find that most of them do stupid shit with their time such as play WoW)

i can't believe the game had me hooked enough to become that much of a fucking loser to spend 6 hours a night raiding for some bullshit ass "item" that marginally improves my "character".

now i just look down on anyone that plays and thinks they are the shit, cuz i know exactly where their white ass is coming from, and i can safely say if you are a hardcore raider, i would not want to even associate with you IRL. i cant even believe i let myself fall into that bullshit. i cant believe i listened to these people over vent who took this game MORE SERIOUSLY than their real lives. its ridiculous. ive seen people get extremely emotional, either with anger, or sadness, over this stupid fucking videogame. its ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. and now i fucking laugh at it.

i mean imagine if a beautiful female walks into your dorm room as your screaming such GAY bullshit over ventrillo! ROFL

come on GUYZZ LETZ GO PLAY WORLD OF WARRCRAFT!!! WHEE!! OH MY GAWD THE SUPRESSION AURA GET IT DOWN ROGUES GET THAT DOWN> CAST YOUR HOLY SHOCK ON THE OPPONENET OH MY GOD.

tribes was fucking godly compared to this game.

i went back and tried to see why folks were yelling at bud.

i found this and have to just say he's right.

i still play wow and will still enjoy it. he may have made stupid comments and engaged in petty flames afterwards, but on the basic truth meter... this is the bottom line.

folks arent even having FUN in wow in most cases. they treat it like a job. they treat it like their lives (and not a supplement to RL accomplishments but a replacement).

im at a point in my life where i feel i can afford to fuck around a little while i shift gears (and had serious health issues). i sometimes ask myself how on earth people age 16-25 could do this shit so hard core cuz at that age i was very heavy into sociallizing, girls, school, etc.

im not trying to judge them but i do find it sad a bit in many cases (not all).

sometimes folks just snap, like bud, and say enough is enough.

respect it.

i'll get back to you later on that one, don't feel like typing another response right now. and yes i googled it and yes it is a legitamite "psychological disorder" for some people, but it doesn't mean the majority of WoW players are introverted. and my argument is directed at the "normal" people (aka the majority), and well it may not apply to introverted people who enjoy being alone, it sure as fuck applies to the people who put shit off to play the game(and there are plenty of them out there).
I'm sure extroversion can be a disorder for some people as well, but a bipolar extreme isn't the issue.

first, i find it funny that you even had to google "introversion" and ended up still concluding that is is somehow uncommon or abnormal. While it probably wouldn't be hard to suggest most computer gamers are more likely to be introverted, i never even went that far to make that claim. The whole issue of introversion was brought up in defense of players labelled as "unhealthy addicts" because some extrovert doesn't understand how personalities work. You've repeatedly referred to introversion and characteristcs of interoversion abnormal which is completey ridiculous; introversion is perfectly normal and healthy... and likely just as common as extroversion.

In the case where people "put shit off for a game", that's already been addressed

Last edited:
i went back and tried to see why folks were yelling at bud.

i found this and have to just say he's right.
you know you're a winner when you get the tsetse mark of approval on TW
folks arent even having FUN in wow in most cases. they treat it like a job. they treat it like their lives (and not a supplement to RL accomplishments but a replacement).
While i don't have oodles of fun with respect to gameplay, i enjoy laughing and playing with people. I'm sure this is the case for most people in raiding guilds.
im at a point in my life where i feel i can afford to fuck around a little while i shift gears (and had serious health issues). i sometimes ask myself how on earth people age 16-25 could do this shit so hard core cuz at that age i was very heavy into sociallizing, girls, school, etc.
So basically you're saying anyone that isn't like you are wrong?

I'm going to presume you intend to have a sincere, honest and mature adult conversation. We'll see.

You mean literally get caught up trying to play ah's and get fantasy gold?

You're drawing a subjective line beyond your feet and i feel that if you took one step towards it, you would just draw another one.

Did you actually read what i wrote? Cuz if you did you're realize you tried to imply that my AH threads mean i spend the same about of time/effort obessing about w0w loot as the folks i was talking about.

I dont. Period.

The AH to me is just another game itself, sorta like a fantasy stock market (which i also play for fun). I dont spend much time doing it whatever, and in fact ive probably spent more time on the AH threads than i have on the AH itself this past month or two. Nice try.

The only real loot whoring ive done in the past 12 months in WoW was for a couple twinks (a druid and a hunter). That went fast and easy. I enjoyed playing my twinks but then i took a step back from THAT as well, once its fun factor wore thin and i was just grinding for no purpose without the satisfaction.

I even took two months off wow this summer. I took 3-4 months off this winter. Last raiding i had done was last Nov.

So you're just talking yourself into a hole with your own pretenses.

Lately, ive been pvping like a motherfucker and hit rank 11. That's lead to burnout and im taking a break from IT now. I'm saying there are many people who cant take a break and cant stop.

If you dont want to admit that or be sincere about that issue, that's your fuckin problem. It's not subjective.

I guess my real issue is: how much information are you using in determining how absorbed someone is? You referred to time spent talking about gear, but in turn you do an excessive amount of talking about other aspects of the game here. So i guess the real issue is: what information do you possess about other people's private feelings that they themselves can't flip the coin on you?

Again, you say im the one being "excessive" for having like 3-4 threads about the AH over the past year. Get fuckin real. :lol:

I play a lot of wow lately and have no problem with that per se. But i know my limits and know it's just a game.

You question is how to detect when folks are "too absorbed." Fair question. I can think of many indicators i see among guildmates and such, for example. There are many people who i see NOT enjoying the game but simply playing to garner loot. I think that's really unhealthy. They just play cuz... they are addicted and WoW achievements give them eternal objectives to strive for. They've effectively replaced RL with WoW characters given how much they play.

Another example is when folks cry about things like naxx gear being "meaningless soon." I find attitudes around expanded endgame content are very telling. When folks get really emotionally distraught about their fuckin l00t in any way i think theyve lost their marbles. These people's only enjoyment in the game is simply the feeling of accomplishment from fantasy material goods. It's sad. It's not only materialism but fantasy materialism.

Now, i am not saying being keen on loot is bad or stupid. Fuck, i love gettin pimp gear... but for me the pimp gear is a means to an end (pvp). I try to think of this game like i think of FPS. I play for pvp and i only care about gear to the extent it makes pvp more fun. Period. And when im tired of wow instead of logging in and just doing "something" i instead go do soemthing else with myself.

While i don't have oodles of fun with respect to gameplay, i enjoy laughing and playing with people. I'm sure this is the case for most people in raiding guilds.

I think when folks have RL friends in the guild it makes ALL the difference. There are many who just have fun and dont stress a fuckin thing in wow. Some of them might even play gobs of hours at times but they keep shit in check and remember it's just a game.

If you still have fun just playing wow without obessing, good for you. That's all im talkin about.

So basically you're saying anyone that isn't like you are wrong?

No, but you're just trolling now to feel superior (with total disregard for what folks are saying)... so whatever.

Being introverted isn't a "psychological disorder" bud (LOLITSYOURNAME)

Back