Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page change chaingun 2 blaster
Page 3 of 7
hyung
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 08-12-2018, 19:58
you're entitled to your own opinion but i'm telling you that i don't agree with it

Sponsored Links
rotochop
Old
42 - 08-12-2018, 20:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_d9a7SfcpI

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
43 - 08-12-2018, 20:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung View Post
you're entitled to your own opinion but i'm telling you that i don't agree with it

ive provided quite a few positives, and you haven't really provided any negatives.

your primary reason being that you will be missing a lot with medium and long-range blaster thus rendering not a good replacement.

literally the only change that would make it so that you'd be playing with a pseudo-high ping and opsayo and stork are strongly against this. all other changes are good 2 go though

gg

Last edited by DC.; 08-12-2018 at 20:21..
Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
44 - 08-12-2018, 21:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC. View Post
ive provided quite a few positives, and you haven't really provided any negatives.

your primary reason being that you will be missing a lot with medium and long-range blaster thus rendering not a good replacement.

literally the only change that would make it so that you'd be playing with a pseudo-high ping and opsayo and stork are strongly against this. all other changes are good 2 go though

gg
You haven't provided any solid evidence that the current chaingun is OP.

You're concerned about the hit rate. How about you talk about Time To Kill. The current chaingun has a 50% slower TTK than the original. What would be wrong with decreasing the damage once again?

But then again, why does it need it? Is it too powerful in the average player's hands? Is it dominating cappers? Is the game suffering from it? I think me and meph are the only two players who use the chaingun consistently. What is the problem here?

vamp
Veteran++
Old
45 - 08-12-2018, 23:44
change cg to semi for long rage sniper shots

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
46 - 08-13-2018, 00:09
after we had a pickup today i asked the server if people thought the chaingun was too strong or too weak. not a single person said it was too strong or too weak, and several people say that "it's in a good spot". snow if you really think there's a problem you really need to prove it, you can't just claim things and expect others to take your word for it. especially if you're expecting someone else to do the work for you.

as far as i can tell, most people think the chain is either fine or is underpowered.

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
47 - 08-13-2018, 06:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
You haven't provided any solid evidence that the current chaingun is OP.

You're concerned about the hit rate. How about you talk about Time To Kill. The current chaingun has a 50% slower TTK than the original. What would be wrong with decreasing the damage once again?

But then again, why does it need it? Is it too powerful in the average player's hands? Is it dominating cappers? Is the game suffering from it? I think me and meph are the only two players who use the chaingun consistently. What is the problem here?
TKK just reduces the effectiveness, not the difficulty

slowing down projectile speed raises the skill ceiling in a way

netset significantly reduced the skill ceiling (or if it makes you feel better, everyone significantly improved and got closer to the ceiling) so you need to counterbalance that.

why are you open to reducing the TKK further and making every other possible change to the chaingun but not reduce the projectile speed? or using blaster

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
48 - 08-13-2018, 07:11
basically this game has become who can optimize their netsettings to the best settings versus any type of actual skill cause all the weapons r pretty much ez mode. projectile speed would overcome that unless u fukers create a script to change netest based on weapons in which case fuk u

this game was great cause of the high skill ceiling and striving to improve. now we need to keep skill ceiling low so we can stroke ppl's egos so they can pretend they r good and then compare themselves to ppl of days past.

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 08-13-2018, 07:16
Quote:
after we had a pickup today i asked the server if people thought the chaingun was too strong or too weak. not a single person said it was too strong or too weak, and several people say that "it's in a good spot". snow if you really think there's a problem you really need to prove it, you can't just claim things and expect others to take your word for it. especially if you're expecting someone else to do the work for you.

as far as i can tell, most people think the chain is either fine or is underpowered.
thanks 4 ur closed-end survey question

did u sent out a survey prior to reducing the chaingun to what it is now?

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
50 - 08-13-2018, 09:24
Quote:
TKK just reduces the effectiveness, not the difficulty

slowing down projectile speed raises the skill ceiling in a way

netset significantly reduced the skill ceiling (or if it makes you feel better, everyone significantly improved and got closer to the ceiling) so you need to counterbalance that.

why are you open to reducing the TKK further and making every other possible change to the chaingun but not reduce the projectile speed? or using blaster
Because the balance issues of cg is not the lead but the dps.

If you change damage values, people still feel like they are using the same weapon. If you change projectile speed, you are messing with years of muscle memory.

Reducing TTK increases skill by need of better accuracy over a longer period of time. If you're issue is accuracy, we are increasing the need to be even more accurate.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
51 - 08-13-2018, 15:11
Agreed

rtcll
VeteranX
Old
52 - 08-13-2018, 18:19
yeah I agree cg is probably in the best spot it will ever be

it's fine

stop *****ing

Flipp
Veteran4
Old
53 - 08-13-2018, 18:36
jfc stfu sn0 ya fukn sperg lern how 2 cg bettuh smdh lol

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
54 - 08-13-2018, 18:42
Quote:
Because the balance issues of cg is not the lead but the dps.
wat. you were just complaining about me abusing chaingun due to a 28 ping difference in pre-1.41 and use this as an explanation as to why you weren't able to chaingun. this is wholly a lead issue, as now everyone pretty much has better than 28 ping

its fair to say that hitting a string of chaingun bullets is more difficult with lower dps but the average player is pretty accurate that it has become a stupid metric of skill which is my point.

therefore the other alternative is you leave the damage as is or increase it very slightly and increase the lead time which would reward better players for hitting harder shots more consistently while also it being impactful in terms of chasing, while the overall hit rate across the board decreases for the weapon, while the better players will stand out.

fukin with chaingun projectile speed would throw ppl off but everyone is familiar with blaster.

Last edited by DC.; 08-13-2018 at 18:47..
DC.
VeteranXV
Old
55 - 08-13-2018, 18:52
basically my idea would negatively impact anyone who was not able to play well with higher pings. reduction in dps does not do this as effectively

queue ppl in this thread who will complain about my 32 ping a decade ago while simultaneously being completely dependent on it in order to play

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
56 - 08-13-2018, 19:16
you're alone on an island here dude

hablamos_cítricos
Old
57 - 08-13-2018, 19:45
lol island population 3

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
58 - 08-13-2018, 19:51
Quote:
wat. you were just complaining about me abusing chaingun due to a 28 ping difference in pre-1.41 and use this as an explanation as to why you weren't able to chaingun. this is wholly a lead issue, as now everyone pretty much has better than 28 ping

its fair to say that hitting a string of chaingun bullets is more difficult with lower dps but the average player is pretty accurate that it has become a stupid metric of skill which is my point.

therefore the other alternative is you leave the damage as is or increase it very slightly and increase the lead time which would reward better players for hitting harder shots more consistently while also it being impactful in terms of chasing, while the overall hit rate across the board decreases for the weapon, while the better players will stand out.

fukin with chaingun projectile speed would throw ppl off but everyone is familiar with blaster.
either way we are looking @ the same end result, better players being rewarded for hitting either harder or more consistent shots. Accuracy is the best metric of skill dude..how is that stupid wtf? Players hitting more shots with a bigger lead = more skilled.

once again this isn't really an issue. there aren't many dudes putting up > 20 cg kills per map. I don't even know if I've seen you use the chaingun since I started playing again.

also don't quote me on this, but if you increase the lead on the CG, dudes can up their prediction # and "sorta" get some of that lead back. not everyone is capable of chaining with these ridiculous settings, but some can.

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
59 - 08-13-2018, 20:33
Quote:
you're alone on an island here dude
agree, i am one of the only ppl currently playing who was good at this game prior to interpolate going public and was able to play with a high ping

welcome 2 2018 tribes

population on island: u me stork and 10 other ppl

it is wat it is

Last edited by DC.; 08-13-2018 at 20:42..
DC.
VeteranXV
Old
60 - 08-13-2018, 20:34
Quote:
also don't quote me on this, but if you increase the lead on the CG, dudes can up their prediction # and "sorta" get some of that lead back. not everyone is capable of chaining with these ridiculous settings, but some can.
would this not severely fuk up discing netsettings if you attempted to optimize netset for blaster

unless u get a script to change netsettings based on weapons, but i think it would still look ****ed up.

if ppl have scripts to change netsettings based on weapon then fuk it it may be pointless

Page 3 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page change chaingun 2 blaster

Social Website Bullshit