Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Obsidium Ore/Nodes
Page 1 of 2
JuSTCHiLLiN
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 12-10-2010, 11:18
Where is the best place to get this stuff besides the AH? I barely saw any in Hyjal. When I went to Deepholme I could have practically leveled on the amount of Elementium nodes that were around.

Sponsored Links
Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 12-10-2010, 11:23
The only place I saw obsidium in any sort of "density" would be that ogre burrow in Hyjal. In Vash they are scattered far and wide. Other than that I just did passes around the more rocky areas of Hyjal looking for it. Sometimes you get obsidium in deepholm but it is either much more rare or more heavily farmed, think I only found two obsidium down there during my stay.

zeph
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 12-10-2010, 13:35
I saw 3-4 nodes in the SE corner of Hyjal, in the rocky area. I couldn't get to one because of phasing as I hadn't done any of the quests on my DK yet. Might want to grab gatherer, it's been updated as of cata launch.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
4 - 12-10-2010, 14:11
Probably easiest to wait a few weeks for the commotion to die down.

d0ur
VeteranX
Old
5 - 12-10-2010, 16:16
vashir is huge but after you get out of the first area i've seen lots of nodes. Since my main is 85 i'm leveling my alt miner/jc and i got maybe 2 nodes(ppl everywhere just sitting on spawns) in kelp but as soon as i moved past the cave into the other zones i've found lots of nodes.

Also, not sure if it's like this on any other server but for some reason on mine Obsid ore was like 25% of the price of a bar. I bought stacks of ore, smelted it then sold the bars for a huge profit for awhile. I then took that money and bought some more cheap ore and used that for professions. It also got me to 475 mining via smelting so that i can goto Deepholm and mine the F out of elementium.

JuSTCHiLLiN
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 12-10-2010, 16:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Probably easiest to wait a few weeks for the commotion to die down.
This is most likely the case. I hopped on at lunch for 15 minutes. Hyjal was clear and got more ore than I have leading up to then.

Witch
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 12-10-2010, 19:50
Just fly around in Hyjal. There's Obsidium everywhere. Another thing is how many people are mining it...

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 12-10-2010, 21:24
I flew around Icecrown for ~30mins on my herbalist and mining alts and got to ~480 skill on both before I started questing in Hyjal. I did the same @ Wotlk release mining and picking flowers in Shadowmoon Valley before heading out.

Witch
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 12-10-2010, 21:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaqaho View Post
I flew around Icecrown for ~30mins on my herbalist and mining alts and got to ~480 skill on both before I started questing in Hyjal. I did the same @ Wotlk release mining and picking flowers in Shadowmoon Valley before heading out.
Gathering skill is irrelevant. My friend got realm first skinner by accident without planning simply skinning the crabs that other guys were killing in Vashjir.

Sure you can AH those mats for steep price now that people are powerleveling old alts, but I feel that it's more profitable gathering Cata mats.

Assuming you were 450 already ofc.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 12-11-2010, 00:47
I think most people want obsidium simply because at present it's a money-maker. The supply is so low compared to elementium you can charge high prices for it and people will pay because they want to get their engineering/blacksmithing/jewelcrafting up ASAP. Once the main guilds have their crafters at 525 it'll calm down.

LouCypher
VeteranX
Old
11 - 12-11-2010, 01:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch View Post
Gathering skill is irrelevant. My friend got realm first skinner by accident without planning simply skinning the crabs that other guys were killing in Vashjir.
Crab have leather? WTF?

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 12-11-2010, 09:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch View Post
Sure you can AH those mats for steep price now that people are powerleveling old alts, but I feel that it's more profitable gathering Cata mats.

Assuming you were 450 already ofc.
My bad, I read his post as him saying he could find tons of ore he couldn't mine so he was looking to skillup off Obsidian.

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 12-11-2010, 12:08
just outside the middle spire in deepholm are elementals that people need for quests. You can mine their corpses. They drop obsidian but the chance is pretty low.

NeutralX2
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 12-11-2010, 13:28
I just swam around Abyssal Depths until I got mining high enough to mine Elementium. It didn't take very long at all. Then I went to Deepholme and maxed mining in about an hour.

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 12-12-2010, 19:46
it's selling for 400g a stack on my server

Lord Elessar
or something³
Contributor
Old
16 - 12-14-2010, 02:29
ore is crazy right now for money. I'm probably just going to mine for the next couple of days I have to play simply to get more money than I will ever need for the rest of this expansion. I love powerlevelers!

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 12-14-2010, 03:06
I've got 5k gold simply by questing and selling most of the rewards.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 12-14-2010, 05:04
Gonna have to start doing this to level my smithing because I'm not paying 500g+ for a new goddamn belt buckle.

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 12-14-2010, 09:44
WotLK buckles work fine, just FYI.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
20 - 12-14-2010, 10:08
Skinning was a joke in Vash. If you spent 30 minutes at the first zone with the crabs you'd be maxed. I think XP and I both maxed out the first night.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Obsidium Ore/Nodes

Social Website Bullshit