Cata professions

Santa

Veteran XV
The two professions I see that will be pretty valuable are Alchemy and Tailoring because of their cooldowns.

Alchemy now has the 'Titansteel' equivalent cooldown in Cata. Alchemists will also have a BoP dragon mount which costs tons of mats.

Tailors have 5 cloths with a week-long cooldown.

All of my alts are alchemists. You only need one Jewelcrafter.

Posted from my Macbook Wheel

I don't really care too much about them, one realm pretty much has at least one of each up to 450. And I refuse to dump/re-grind professions based on benefits/profitability, I have at least one of each so if I had any toons with empty professions I'd end up doing multiples of ones that have CDs and even then I wouldn't have enough motivation to do so.

Sent from Xap's mom's bedroom.

Yeah thats pretty much it, Engineering has so much more utility over any other profession and you can stack it with regular enchants.

I'll be sticking with JC/BS for my warrior for now, though I'm going to hate leveling both of them while trying to get to 85 (mining is on my DK). This will be the first expansion where my warrior didn't have mining :disgust:

I'm JC/BS, too. Am considering dropping BS for Engi...but I don't know if I want to deal with spending the money/time to PL it. Engi is such a good profession, though.

Back