[Leveling] 80 --> 85

The guides tell you exactly what you're going to have to do when you get there, and give you advice on how to prepare and tell you what order is most efficient (so you do 4-5 quests at a time rather than 1 at a time).

Locating them isn't a problem, the TomTom arrow is just a bonus.

Yeah... really though... guides aren't necessary. The quests are already clumped together, there is very little prep required for them, and most of the time, what you need to do is self explanatory. But hey, if thats what you want to use.

You're going to wipe in dungeons alot if you use the LFD tool. Fights are more complicated than WOTLK. Not worth the time IMO.

Done BRC once. Zero wipes. Although my friend knew tacs and explained them. Good thing with being the tank is that you decide when to pull and what.

I'd say at least BRC was like PoS. You have to wait for patrols before pulling, and bosses have like 1 or 2 tactics you must be aware of.

Done BRC once. Zero wipes. Although my friend knew tacs and explained them. Good thing with being the tank is that you decide when to pull and what.

I'd say at least BRC was like PoS. You have to wait for patrols before pulling, and bosses have like 1 or 2 tactics you must be aware of.

Same, we had one shadowpriest who stood there on the first boss after the Chains were broken and 1-shotted. His/her claim was that you should learn the fights first hand and it's better than watching youtube videos. Even if you didn't watch the video the chains would imply he wants you right nearby, and staying there probably isn't the best idea...

I tried the WoW-Pro guide + TomTom. I like not having to read the quest text. And it's handy in the way that it tells you which quests you can do while you're doing another one. I'm positive it saves a lot of time if you don't care about lore and shit.

Also I think it would be easy to miss the 6~ final quests there. You get to kill Ragnaros in the very last quest.
(Edit: In Hyjal)

Last edited:
So he gets the 10k and you get the silver medal :(

This is much faster than 70-80. I spent a few hours last night mixed in with making dinner and I am 1 bar from 81 already.

You really do not need a quest helper. Blizzard made the game hand-hold you from spot to spot.

PS: I'm leveling mut and with recup it's still nonstop killing.

I was on for the shit show at launch for a few hours and again last night for 5-6 hours and I'm 82.4 right now. Seems pretty easy to level with all the quests in an ordered sequence and the alliance presence on Tich basically non-existent.

I played for 30 minutes and one toon is almost 81. Playing a different one tonight.

Fighting over mobs blows, and Hyjal not being a PVP-friendly area blows as well. I'll probably hit 85 next week on a couple toons.

To those that have hit 85 already, what would you do differently? Rather, what's the fastest way to reach 85? Is the dungeon grind to 83 or whatever really worth it? Or just suck it up and straight quest? Hyjal > Deepholm > Uldum etc?

Back