Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Need a Tribes OGL Historian
Page 2 of 38
Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
21 - 06-19-2006, 18:45
Ya i guess it was just my view of cows. I never really got big into T1 till IE quit, so anyone in the top ten were gods. I remember COWS being unbeatable... right up untill they got beat and died :P

And ya, S3 was always number 2, but i still consider them a superteam.

Sponsored Links
Evil Light Bulb
VeteranX
Old
22 - 06-19-2006, 18:47
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/archi...p/t-32462.html

I was looking for something else. The days when Tribes moved mountains

Jislan
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
23 - 06-19-2006, 18:48
I'm sure someone will post that old picture of the ogl top 10 when fallen beat IE... I have it somewhere but don't really feel like digging it up.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 06-19-2006, 18:49
Oh god. I just got a whiff of Suicide Taxi.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
25 - 06-19-2006, 18:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax
Oh god. I just got a whiff of Suicide Taxi.
Is that what that is? I thought it was my gas.

Sp!nfusor Salad
VeteranX
Old
26 - 06-19-2006, 18:54
So what is everyone's opinion on what set some of these teams apart from the rest of the pack?

as I recall 5150 beat the living **** out of everyone pretty quickly in their career... what is it that they did that others didnt?

Im sure some of us will still say it was happyflag and other 'secret' cheats... but I feel at least it was related to organization more than anything

Rosdower
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 06-19-2006, 18:56
shoutcasting, TWC, top 20 meaning something :-(

good times

RJ_
Veteran++
Old
28 - 06-19-2006, 18:56
Probably chemistry. When things just click without any planning or preparation, there's something there.

Mud Sloth
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
29 - 06-19-2006, 18:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!nfusor Salad
So what is everyone's opinion on what set some of these teams apart from the rest of the pack?

as I recall 5150 beat the living **** out of everyone pretty quickly in their career... what is it that they did that others didnt?

Im sure some of us will still say it was happyflag and other 'secret' cheats... but I feel at least it was related to organization more than anything
They all had playmakers and they meshed as a team. None of them had secret strats or anything, they just had the tops for individual skill and they worked together enough that they knew what each other was doing.

Jislan
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
30 - 06-19-2006, 19:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!nfusor Salad
IE had the most talent and smart players
S3 had tons of experience and smart players
5150 had the best coordination and teamwork
Western Alliance had innovative strategies at the time

edit: but like mudsloth said, they all fit really well into their "systems" if you will

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 06-19-2006, 19:11
this is one of the things I loved about tribes. as far as I know its the only game to have such a rich history. to have players and teams that are basically LEGENDS is absolutely amazing.

do games like ut, quake, and cs have that? i doubt it, but to be honest i don't know.

[GF]Drakkan
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 06-19-2006, 19:15
****ing Guardian Force

Snakes
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 06-19-2006, 19:31

we smashed back in the day

Snakes
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 06-19-2006, 19:31
we lost #1 to BMF not WA

ayz
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 06-19-2006, 19:36

lecatPuke
Scout++
Contributor
Old
36 - 06-19-2006, 20:05
Smales you better be coming to UVA

eVo Superman
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
37 - 06-19-2006, 20:06
Damn..IE, 39-0. Impressive.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
38 - 06-19-2006, 20:14
You gotta remember that teamplay was considered a hobby ladder untill all that **** went down at OGL.

No one (that I knew) really payed too much attention to the TP ladder. It was almost like a scrim ladder.

I do think however that the SS showing Rez in number 4 and TF in number 5 is a bit of a turning point in tribes. I shoutcasted the match between ReZ and TF and it was right at the begining of when the Cluster strat started to take hold. Rez won by clustering and it was a big hoopla at the time.

Magus
VeteranXX
Old
39 - 06-19-2006, 20:15
some great teams there those two matches back to back USR and RECK were the closest people got to IE during their height. that was my favorite time of the OGL, before 5150 when IE was just demolishing people. something about the comradery and the history and the competition. people respected, people hated other teams based on wanting to beat them in matches, not based on bull**** on the forums (not that the forums weren't lively with the likes of warnipple and =S3=).

to the new guys, it's not something you can really explain, it just happened that way. nothing that ever happened on the TWL can amount anything close to the type of competition that was going on during the OGL t1 days... the saddest part is to think that nothing like that is ever possible again. i'm just happy i got to be a part of it.

great times, cheers to all you were involved!

Surge
VeteranX
Old
40 - 06-19-2006, 20:22
Quote:
do games like ut, quake, and cs have that?
all games do really

but did you play close attention to the top cs teams back in the day up until now like most people here did with tribes?

tribes was always small, all the top teams knew each other and were on the same ladders. cs is too damn big, it's all over the world, in different ladders/tournements/etc and involes tons of money and sponsorships

Page 2 of 38

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Need a Tribes OGL Historian

Social Website Bullshit