News: TribalWar Vengeance Movie

experimental said:
yeah, you are totally right that its actually even more control than t1, because you apply zero vertical when adjusting, instead of just a tiny [..].

I'm sorry if I missed this, but can anyone explain to me if horizontal only trust costs you player energy? Or is the cost considered a balancing issue?

Personally, I'm comfortable with the T1/T2 style, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to adopt. I'll withhold my judgement until I have thouroughly tested the final version. I'm fairly confident, that they CAN tweak the physics system to something most of us would appreciate, if they WANT to. We'll have to wait till beta if there excists such a setting that will caters to the needs of both (if we can simplyfy it to two) player types. I certainly hope there is, but I'm sure that in the worst case we'll see some "classic" mutator emerging.

I'm not overly impressed by the catapult concept, but that's probably just because I can't see the gameplay implications. Just give me the current build already, I want to toy with it! =D

That video rocks. Game looks really good.

On some maps, people are gonna get so good at the grappling hook that they'll probably never touch the ground. It'll be like we're all playing Tarzan except with rocket launchers.

{ZORN}|RedFox| said:
I'm sorry if I missed this, but can anyone explain to me if horizontal only trust costs you player energy?
No. If you have it cost energy it becomes very annoying, because pushing the "forward" key while you're in the air would cost you energy. Better to make it subtile, and not cost energy. Plus it works the same for everybody, so it's fair.

JustinCase said:
that spinfuser reloading gets really old
I don't find the reload animation annoying or anything, but I was wondering what the devs or people who played at E3 think about it. Does it get annoying, or do you eventually forget about it? Also, is there an option or something to not show the animation?

Thrax Panda said:
No. If you have it cost energy it becomes very annoying, because pushing the "forward" key while you're in the air would cost you energy. Better to make it subtile, and not cost energy. Plus it works the same for everybody, so it's fair.

I have no experience with the T:V physics, so I can't judge what is annoying there and what isn't. But I know T1 and T2, and there it costs energy to jet forward and I wouldn't call it "very annoying".

Don't get me wrong, I'm very interested in the new physics/jetting system and I'm quite openminded. Best way to make me understand it would pobably to send me the current build. Please contact me with regards to a NDA. =P

Great movie and it appears that the grappling hook is functioning just as it should be. I'm really looking forward to it.

Nice editing too, btw.

Nightmare- said:
I don't find the reload animation annoying or anything, but I was wondering what the devs or people who played at E3 think about it. Does it get annoying, or do you eventually forget about it? Also, is there an option or something to not show the animation?
At first I was like "Wow, that's neat" and then after a few minutes, I didn't even recognize it. I concentrated on hitting people, not looking at my gun. However, I sometimes did look at it to make sure I was reloading. *shrug* It didn't bother me in the least.

{ZORN}|RedFox| said:
I have no experience with the T:V physics, so I can't judge what is annoying there and what isn't. But I know T1 and T2, and there it costs energy to jet forward and I wouldn't call it "very annoying".

Don't get me wrong, I'm very interested in the new physics/jetting system and I'm quite openminded. Best way to make me understand it would pobably to send me the current build. Please contact me with regards to a NDA. =P
It costs energy to jet forward, but in this case you would burn energy every time you were off the ground and pressing any direction key. So you'd burn extra energy almost all the time, and that would be bad. Another way to put this is "they tried it [IGA], and it sucked".

Thrax Panda said:

Doesn't this give you an extreme level of air control when coupled with strafing? I know many times in T1 I've screwed up a disc jump off the tower in Rain Dance only to go flying at 300mph and just barely end up out of bounds because I dont have energy to swing the corner AND clear the hill all at the same time.
With free sideways jetting I could picture cappers making big goofy arcs across the sky. Not to mention you could jet one way...and then the other and zig-zag free of charge. Has it been tried with reduced energy cost?

First off, learn to aim.
Seems kinda slow. The trail for the flag and stuff looks gay. All in all looks like it could be a fun game, but not really "tribes" enough to be tribes. Hope they prove me wrong.

Love the little Julia dance at the end though.

Thrax Panda said:
It costs energy to jet forward, but in this case you would burn energy every time you were off the ground and pressing any direction key. So you'd burn extra energy almost all the time, and that would be bad. Another way to put this is "they tried it [IGA], and it sucked".

a naive implementation suffers from these problems, but there are some tricks we implemented in the physics that remove this and only start thrusting on a deliberate directional choice while in the air. this was shown to work reasonably well.

having said that, ed made the decision that he preferred it to be free and consistently applied instead of using energy. the downside to this is that it is subtle rather that being powerful because otherwise its too good to be free.

anyone watch the SP? The jets are WAY overpowerd, it looks like she's flying around with almost no cost to energy. And the AI is retarded, i hope that's on easy :|

Back