[pics] gross pics of my spider bite/flesh-eating bacterial infection

I just saw this thread for the first time ... wow man, glad you're alive, though I'm sorry to hear about all the crap you've been going through because of it.

One problem is there was a special surgery he could get to shift his ring finger over to the index finger location, can't remember what page it was on. It sounded preferrable, and more expensive, than just hacking off the finger. Just that sounded like it would be preferrable to get it done right rather than just dremelling it off.

don't you wish you were canadian right about now?

seriously though, it really sucks that this has become a financial issue for you on top of everything else that you've been through. grats on the positive attitude.

canada prolly would have ampuated his whole hand

i'll pay 5 grand for the right to chop it off. you'd have to sign some paperwork agreeing not to sue me though.

wow i havent checked back to see the updates until now. The finger actually looks to have healed up alright, I'm surprised the doctors are suggesting you get it cut off. Is this just b/c its a 'dead' finger now?

wow i havent checked back to see the updates until now. The finger actually looks to have healed up alright, I'm surprised the doctors are suggesting you get it cut off. Is this just b/c its a 'dead' finger now?
Yes, I cant move it at all and it hurts like hell.

I am looking into a charity organization thru UPMC to pay for it. We will see what happens.

This is so depressing. I mean when construction companies fuck up on something and are caught they usually have to pony up and re-do the job out-of-pocket without the client paying anything more. How is it doctors can get away with fucking up and misdiagnosing something and still have the gaul to stick you with the bill for their mistake?

Back