ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
161 - 04-25-2010, 02:49
In case you don't believe me about the employer issue:

Arizona has rarely invoked its last tough immigration law - latimes.com
Quote:
Officials from 12 of the state's 15 counties said last week that they had not taken legal action against any businesses for failure to comply with the law. Officials in two counties -- Apache and Coconino -- could not be reached for comment.

Sponsored Links
Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
162 - 04-25-2010, 02:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
i said enforcement efforts you dumb****

sheriff joe only wastes our money arresting the out of work illegals
Bull****.

There have been many companies raided for hiring illegals. One was near me the Lindstrom Car Wash. Another was the City of Mesa courthouse (the janitorial staff was hired by a 3rd party). There are more but you don't care do you?

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
163 - 04-25-2010, 02:52
speaking of sheriff joe

The conservative Goldwater Institute says:
Quote:
***8220;The Maricopa County Sheriff***8217;s Office is responsible for vitally important law-enforcement functions in one of the largest counties in the nation. It defines its core missions as law-enforcement services, support services, and detention.

MCSO falls seriously short of fulfilling its mission in all three areas. Although MCSO is adept at self-promotion and is an unquestionably ***8220;tough***8221; law-enforcement agency, under its watch violent crime rates recently have soared, both in absolute terms and relative to other jurisdictions. It has diverted resources away from basic law-enforcement functions to highly publicized immigration sweeps, which are ineffective in policing illegal immigration and in reducing crime generally, and to extensive trips by MCSO officials to Honduras for purposes that are nebulous at best. Profligate spending on those diversions helped produce a financial crisis in late 2007 that forced MCSO to curtail or reduce important law-enforcement functions.

In terms of support services, MCSO has allowed a huge backlog of outstanding warrants to accumulate, and has seriously disadvantaged local police departments by closing satellite booking facilities. MCSO***8217;s detention facilities are subject to costly lawsuits for excessive use of force and inadequate medical services. Compounding the substantive problems are chronically poor record-keeping and reporting of statistics, coupled with resistance to public disclosure.***8221;
Oh and what does Arturo Venegas, Jr., former chief of the Sacramento Police Department and project director of the Law Enforcement Engagement Initiative have to say about this law?
Quote:
***8220;The passage of SB 1070 in Arizona is a catastrophe for community policing, with repercussions that will be felt by law enforcement officials across the country. The actions of the state legislature and Gov. Brewer are an unfunded mandate to Arizona police and are clearly rooted in concerns over politics, not public safety. No police officer should have to put arresting an undocumented immigrant over catching a violent criminal to avoid a lawsuit, and no victim or witness of a crime should be afraid to report it because he or she will be deported if he or she speaks to police.

This law will drive a wedge between police and the immigrant and Latino communities not only in Arizona, but around the country. Trust between law enforcement professionals and the communities they serve is the cornerstone of community policing, and departments across the country have been working for decades to develop strong relationships with the community. Latinos and immigrants across America have been watching Arizona with fear, and will retreat deeper into the shadows now that this bill has become law.

Today is a very sad day for the majority of us in law enforcement who believe that effective policing is based on community trust. I hope the federal government will heed this wake-up call and take long-overdue action for comprehensive immigration reform to protect our communities, and I am deeply disappointed in Governor Brewer and the Arizona legislature for passing this dangerous, costly, and ineffective law.***8221;

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
164 - 04-25-2010, 02:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezlpo View Post
Bull****.

There have been many companies raided for hiring illegals. One was near me the Lindstrom Car Wash. Another was the City of Mesa courthouse (the janitorial staff was hired by a 3rd party). There are more but you don't care do you?
I just gave you an LA times article. Sorry, I'm going to choose to believe that instead of your bull**** racist anecdotes.

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
165 - 04-25-2010, 02:53
Quote:
In case you don't believe me about the employer issue:

Arizona has rarely invoked its last tough immigration law - latimes.com
That is not a problem at the enforcement level. That is a problem at the AG level. Yes, the AG is part of enforcement, but the cops, deputies and troopers working the streets can only do their job and hope the higher ups do their job.

It is difficult to prove someone KNOWINGLY hired an illegal. The law has has some impact on the landscape though.

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
166 - 04-25-2010, 02:54
Quote:
they weren't violating a state crime until this law passed
Illegal immigrants broke the law the instant they stepped foot on US soil and continue to break the law every second they are in the country.

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
167 - 04-25-2010, 02:56
Quote:
Illegal immigrants broke the law the instant they stepped foot on US soil and continue to break the law every second they are in the country.
there was no state statute that made being here illegal until the law that brewer signed today

only federal laws

and ice wisely doesn't enforce them since the people who are breaking them are only doing so because it is impossible for them to be here legally

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
168 - 04-25-2010, 02:56
ezipo if you had to break the law in order to feed your family would you?

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
169 - 04-25-2010, 03:00
Quote:
I just gave you an LA times article. Sorry, I'm going to choose to believe that instead of your bull**** racist anecdotes.
The first sentence of the article you quoted.

"Most counties haven't prosecuted anyone under a 2007 act that bans knowingly hiring illegal immigrants.\

The emphasis is mine.

The sheriff has been raiding companies, it is the county and state at attorney that are not following up on the cases. That is what I was saying.

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
170 - 04-25-2010, 03:01
Quote:
ezipo if you had to break the law in order to feed your family would you?

Would it make me any less a criminal if I did? Should I be any less punished by the court system if I did?

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
171 - 04-25-2010, 03:01
what's the point in having the law if it's not going to be enforced (enforcement of a law constitutes prosecution for breaking it)

you're tying yourself in knots to try and not be wrong when you quite clearly are

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
172 - 04-25-2010, 03:03
Quote:
there was no state statute that made being here illegal until the law that brewer signed today

only federal laws

and ice wisely doesn't enforce them since the people who are breaking them are only doing so because it is impossible for them to be here legally
Correct, there were only federal laws that would make someone a criminal for entering the country illegally.

So?

Being in the country illegally still makes you a criminal even if ICE doesn't come after you.

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
173 - 04-25-2010, 03:03
Quote:
Would it make me any less a criminal if I did? Should I be any less punished by the court system if I did?
should laws be enacted so that previously ignored offenses are punished more punitively

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
174 - 04-25-2010, 03:03
Quote:
Correct, there were only federal laws that would make someone a criminal for entering the country illegally.

So?

Being in the country illegally still makes you a criminal even if ICE doesn't come after you.
there was a law on the books in the city of chicago until 1974 that said it wass illegal to be ugly on the street at daytime

were those people criminals too?

it was illegal for black people to use the same bathrooms or restaurants as white people for awhile

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
175 - 04-25-2010, 03:06
Quote:
what's the point in having the law if it's not going to be enforced (enforcement of a law constitutes prosecution for breaking it)

you're tying yourself in knots to try and not be wrong when you quite clearly are
I wish the AG and the county attorneys would prosecute more after the cops and sheriffs office find a violator.

The truth is though it is very difficult to prove what was in someone's head when they hire someone so the Employer's Sanctions Law is little more than a scare tactic.

I am glad the law is in place but as time goes on it will have less and less impact on businesses because on one is being prosecuted after a raid.

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
176 - 04-25-2010, 03:08
slavery was once legal in this country too

was it correct to prosecute slaves for escaping their owners and fleeing to places it was not illegal

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
177 - 04-25-2010, 03:08
Quote:
there was a law on the books in the city of chicago until 1974 that said it wass illegal to be ugly on the street at daytime

were those people criminals too?

it was illegal for black people to use the same bathrooms or restaurants as white people for awhile
A crime is a crime until it is changed. As of now 70% of AZ voters agree with this new law. Maybe the historians of another generation will look back in disgust at this law, but they aren't the ones that have to live with illegal immigrants.

They aren't the ones that are eligible of voting right now.

This law is in the best interests of the voters in AZ right now.

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
178 - 04-25-2010, 03:10
almost all white southerners agreed with segregation laws

civil disobedience is a prerequisite to changing unjust laws

this law is absolutely not in the best interests of arizona, this is a law borne of hate mongering, fear, and misinformation

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
179 - 04-25-2010, 03:10
Quote:
slavery was once legal in this country too

was it correct to prosecute slaves for escaping their owners and fleeing to places it was not illegal
At the time it was correct. Right now it is not. In 100 years it might be illegal to drive a car that produces pollution (internal combustion engine), but we do it anyway because we live in the now and not in the future.

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
180 - 04-25-2010, 03:15
Quote:
almost all white southerners agreed with segregation laws

civil disobedience is a prerequisite to changing unjust laws

this law is absolutely not in the best interests of arizona, this is a law borne of hate mongering, fear, and misinformation
Arizona is almost a third Hispanic. Not all of them are illegal. Most of them are not illegal.

Hispanics make up a complete range of the income scale. Some makes a lot and some make very little. We have enough legal immigrants to fill the labor work that needs to be done. Even if we did not then the producers would need to raise their wages or go out of business. My guess is they would raise wages (or hire illegals and then eventually go out of business).

Page 9 of 46

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Arizona] Immigration

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
dey took our jerbs , gimme back my son , ptavv eats poop , te chichi es grande , they took my jobs , they took my son , yo quiero taco bell