Shooting on VA Tech campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metal detectors only stop concealed carry. They wouldn't stop a kid from walking in shooting. Since you fail to deal with the reality, watch the first Matrix movie and see how metal detectors worked.

The fact is the police probably did everything they could do. They can't run in shooting until they figure out who to shoot at. They don't know if he rigged up bombs or other traps.

More campus 'security' wouldn't stop it, it would just raise tuition and probably cause more students to go nuts.

Well no, obviously they wouldn't, but it would at least be a step in the right direction. I was just trying to counteract rediculous ideas such as giving everyone concealed weapons.

The best solution would be to stop these maniacs before they get guns, which is obviously a difficult thing.

They're just people, the only reason why you give a shit is because they were born or live in the same geographical constraints as you.
Oh, I get it. You're a high-and-mighty mother fucker who thinks he's risen above mere mortal concerns.

Your life was probably really affected by Agent Smith's outlook on humanity, right? Oooo we're just a virus.

I care about humanity. I don't feel obligated to anyone, but I do care about this world as a whole. I get sad when innocent people die. I wonder what causes a person to take so many lives. I realize that people will feel pain about things that I will not and I will be sympathetic to that.

I also realize that the selfishness of some people can drive people to kill other people. Chances are that this guy is disgruntled. Mad at the world. He's been walked on by the selfish. Some people would call him a pussy, but those people don't understand that everyone has a breaking point. Some people are weaker than others in this department.

This is why the comment that Radon would piss me off so bad. You get enough people in a room that act with such self-centeredness, enough people that care for nothing but themselves, it is likely that one of them will kill the others.

You are not superior for the way you think. The fact that you don't concern yourself with this things only proves your inferiority. You don't understand and you can't handle it, so you stop caring. You're a sad excuse for a human being. That fact probably doesn't matter too much to you though, because you don't care either way. Right?

there's some pretty talented trolls in this thread

you guys get cookies and gold stars for the day...now slow your rolls and let us humans go back to being legitimately outraged

Oh, I get it. You're a high-and-mighty mother fucker who thinks he's risen above mere mortal concerns.

Your life was probably really affected by Agent Smith's outlook on humanity, right? Oooo we're just a virus.

I care about humanity. I don't feel obligated to anyone, but I do care about this world as a whole. I get sad when innocent people die. I wonder what causes a person to take so many lives. I realize that people will feel pain about things that I will not and I will be sympathetic to that.

I also realize that the selfishness of some people can drive people to kill other people. Chances are that this guy is disgruntled. Mad at the world. He's been walked on by the selfish. Some people would call him a pussy, but those people don't understand that everyone has a breaking point. Some people are weaker than others in this department.

This is why the comment that Radon would piss me off so bad. You get enough people in a room that act with such self-centeredness, enough people that care for nothing but themselves, it is likely that one of them will kill the others.

You are not superior for the way you think. The fact that you don't concern yourself with this things only proves your inferiority. You don't understand and you can't handle it, so you stop caring. You're a sad excuse for a human being. That fact probably doesn't matter too much to you though, because you don't care either way. Right?

No no no, you misunderstand. I don't think I am superior, its just that it didn't happen in my country so I don't give a shit.

No no no, you misunderstand. I don't think I am superior, its just that it didn't happen in my country so I don't give a shit.
Unfortunately 100's of millions think just like you. The complete lack of care for anything outside of one's borders is the basis of war.

what country is that

England, a place where if you get in a dispute with a chap, the worst that happens is you get three hot crumpets and a damn good ear bashing. Unless it happens to be with me, because I own a gun, and would shoot the motherfucker in the neck.

So what's the deal with the email? Some of the students say that the first email only said there was an unfortunate email and others are saying that it said there was a shooting. Do all the students get the same email when VT sends it out or do they have various mail lists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back