Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page How to convert Unbelievers
Page 5 of 19
KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
81 - 07-05-2008, 01:53
k hes either extremely stupid w/ a low iq and brainwashed from a young age or trolling

probably the prior :[

Sponsored Links
Gil
VeteranXV
Old
82 - 07-05-2008, 01:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
Your question requires me to think a lot about how my response can best spawn additional debate. It is very complicated to respond just right, and I do not want to mess it up. I will have to thank you for your question because it brought up an opportunity to troll much more completely, and I will have to research more. I was about to post it on this thread before I realized it was a half hatched troll idea and requires more research before I can say without a doubt.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
83 - 07-05-2008, 01:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
but why would the god want to be worshipped? and why would he only tell a few people? this sets them up so they can control the rest.

Hey, who wants Sipher's email address?
Jesus charged man with the authority to spread the Gospel. God aids them along the way. Christianity as spread across all corners of the World just as Jesus commanded.

God wants to be praised for what he is, a supreme sinless being. But what he wants for us is to become something very close to what he is.

It is like when a genius scholar has many uneducated students. Like Socrates for example. He wants to educate his students so they will eventually become something very valuable.

This can be seen with college professors teaching students and having these students eventually help the professor with his research.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
84 - 07-05-2008, 01:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuttrboy View Post
Many Christian sects use the term Holy Spirit, it is after all part of the trinity. It's not like some group of Christians said we accept Christ but this Holy Spirit nonsense Jesus talks about it just silly. Some denominations may downplay the Holy Spirit but I would go so far as to say 99% of practicing Christians know about the Holy Spirit.
They know about it, but they accept it as much as they accept mary or the saints.

It's an unimportant detail; something that merely complicates their beliefs.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
85 - 07-05-2008, 01:57
Why do you liken me to a troll? Where is the humor in these discussions?

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
86 - 07-05-2008, 01:59
Quote:
Jesus charged man with the authority to spread the Gospel. God aids them along the way. Christianity as spread across all corners of the World just as Jesus commanded.

God wants to be praised for what he is, a supreme sinless being. But what he wants for us is to become something very close to what he is.

It is like when a genius scholar has many uneducated students. Like Socrates for example. He wants to educate his students so they will eventually become something very valuable.

This can be seen with college professors teaching students and having these students eventually help the professor with his research.
When great people, like professors or political leaders, repeatedly demand praise, they lose a huge amount of respect.

True, these people usually request additional people to help them in their tasks, but they don't request that the rest of us stand around patting them on the back.

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
87 - 07-05-2008, 02:00
stop argueing w/ this ****** he is brainwashed or trolling u either way its pointless and he should just be banned

[OCA]Pain
VeteranXV
Old
88 - 07-05-2008, 02:00
Quote:
I do occasionly read up on interesting articles in science. But to this day it has not touched me in a way that I will want to investigate more. Bring something of interest science related that attempts to answer all the questions and I will be all ears.

For starters, you should start with logic. It will help to cut down on a lot of bull**** fallacies that the bible (and the rest of existence) has in store for you.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 07-05-2008, 02:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
stop argueing w/ this ****** he is brainwashed or trolling u either way its pointless and he should just be banned
It's true. But I'm bored.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
90 - 07-05-2008, 02:01
Quote:
When great people, like professors or political leaders, repeatedly demand praise, they lose a huge amount of respect.

True, these people usually request additional people to help them in their tasks, but they don't request that the rest of us stand around patting them on the back.
We praise God because we love him and for he first loved us. This is similar to how a child loves the mother and father.

[OCA]Pain
VeteranXV
Old
91 - 07-05-2008, 02:04
Quote:
but why would the god want to be worshipped?
I prefer the inverse question. Why would a human being want to worship a "lord"? Why would someone ever want that for themselves?

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
92 - 07-05-2008, 02:04
Quote:
Before I was saved I would have tried to become more qualified to get those jobs. Now that I am saved and have devoted my life to God, God chooses my faith and not I.

If he wants me to be a pastor, then the doors will be more open then if I wanted personally to be a lawyer. I do not think God wants me to be a pastor as those doors are not really that open.
ok....that was the response i expected

escapedturkey
Veteran4
Old
93 - 07-05-2008, 02:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by [OCA]Pain View Post
I prefer the inverse question. Why would a human being want to worship a "lord"? Why would someone ever want that for themselves?
The primary reason any authority figured is followed: fear

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
94 - 07-05-2008, 02:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
yea, i'm done...off to bed .

I'd almost be willing to bet this guy was also homeschooled.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 07-05-2008, 02:06
The relationship between parent and child is first formed on the physical level. god doesn't show up on the physical level, so we cannot develop this kind of connection with him.

If he was really interested in developing this kind of bond with the rest of us, he would physically be there with us from the beginning.

It's like trying to develop a relationship with a parent, when you never see or hear from that parent, and all communication is through written letters or email.

[OCA]Pain
VeteranXV
Old
96 - 07-05-2008, 02:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapedturkey View Post
The primary reason any authority figured is followed: fear
i meant it in the rhetorical sense, but yeah

[OCA]Pain
VeteranXV
Old
97 - 07-05-2008, 02:09
Quote:
all communication is through written letters or email.

One way letters and e-mail :p

Seraph
VeteranXV
Old
98 - 07-05-2008, 02:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grief View Post
This thread makes me want to burn a church
Fixed

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
99 - 07-05-2008, 02:10
Quote:
The relationship between parent and child is first formed on the physical level. god doesn't show up on the physical level, so we cannot develop this kind of connection with him.

If he was really interested in developing this kind of bond with the rest of us, he would physically be there with us from the beginning.

It's like trying to develop a relationship with a parent, when you never see or hear from that parent, and all communication is through written letters or email.
At one point in time, God was able to talk to us directly, but because of sin a barrier was put up between our God and ourselves. The only time a direct relationship was established again, was with Christ. The only time it will happen again is with the second coming and the time after that.

Stuttrboy
VeteranX
Old
100 - 07-05-2008, 02:10
Quote:
They know about it, but they accept it as much as they accept mary or the saints.

It's an unimportant detail; something that merely complicates their beliefs.
You obviously don't know what you are talking about. The only denomination of Christianity that I can think of that rejects the existence of the Trinity is Latter Day Saints (Mormons) and even they just think of them as separate entities. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the trinity. Ask a Christian and 99 out of 100 will tell you this is the case.

Page 5 of 19

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page How to convert Unbelievers

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
anthony maio , badmofo has a huge penis , ban this faggot , boner inducing , crucifiction , faggot thread , fartiusstinkius rocks , free gon , god couldn't be any gayer , historical inventions , kill the boy , matthew dewald is fat , sky-fairy myth , troll , zombie worship