[Official] NHL free agency

4:14PM Tampa Bay signs UFA goaltender Olaf Kolzig to a 1 year deal worth $1.5-million (plus bonuses).

Nice deal.

Edit: Christ, when will Tampa spend money on D? They're hoping that their O can make up for their lack of D that doesn't help the goaltending.

4:27PM Ottawa signs UFA goaltender Alex Auld to a 2 year deal worth $1-million

Not a bad signing. I watched him back when he was in the OHL and he was decent then. He hasn't really developed much since then.

i think a lot of people are trying for hossa...he will prolly get 9 mil/yr. he would be a great fit in edmonton too

I would love to see him playing with Hemsky but they both play the same position and I don't think either of them would shift to the left wing.

I think Redden would be great in Tampa to help them out but I don't see that happening. I think he will be some big help anywhere he goes.

i was just amazed at how fast hossa was and how good he was defensively. he was usually the first person backchecking and would usually catch the puck carrrier.

he would fly on that ice in edmonton

I guess his AHL stints were more injury related...

I just remember Lalime sucking in Ottawa. Or did he just suck in the playoffs? Hopefully we don't need him then anyway as a backup.

I guess his AHL stints were more injury related...

I just remember Lalime sucking in Ottawa. Or did he just suck in the playoffs? Hopefully we don't need him then anyway as a backup.

It was mostly the playoffs. He'd have a good game then a couple bad games.

Back