Page 7 of 11
Somec
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
121 - 11-05-2008, 01:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratorasniki View Post
Fallout 3 absolutely feels like a sequel. It's been 10 ****ing years, how can you possibly expect it to be a straight update to the old games. We'd all point and laugh at it for being horribly outdated.

The engine does an amazing job of conveying the huge (dangerous) wasteland and (even more dangerous) ruined cities. The VATS system does a pretty decent job of allowing some measure of turn based combat without bogging down the game and locking you into huge battles having to wait for 15 other combatants to act. It also lets you do all the stuff you used to be able to do like cripple limbs, and target weak portions of armor. The interface, specifically the amazing job they did on the new pip boy, ties everything together with the feel of the series. The SPECIAL, Perks, and Karma are all perfect for the series.

I'm not even half way through it with as an intelligent, charasmatic very good karma character, and I can't wait to play through it again being the most evil kung fu bastard I possibly can. It's a great sandbox game with a fantastic setting, and that's basically why I loved the first two.
exactly. Thanks Rat

Sponsored Links
Kurayami
Banned
Old
122 - 11-05-2008, 01:19
Rat spent like three solid consecutive years playing DAoC.

I think that says it all.

Golazo
Old
123 - 11-05-2008, 01:28
i really think bethseda shouldve taken some creative liberties with the direction of fallout 3. they could've had some scientist maniac's atrium somewhere, or a desert or water place. bioshock had a decent amount of that, and it's definelty talked about and seen in gears of war 2. actually theres where i thought of it, in gears of war 2 they specifically say we're trying to stay within our dark/gorey atmosphere but give you more than teh same brown and greys over and over

that and the subway system grind/super mutant everywhere grind is really boring

i was overly harsh when i flamed this game upon its release, i think it stands up pretty well and is solid

DELIVERANCE
VeteranXV
Old
124 - 11-05-2008, 01:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurayami View Post

He has good taste and was lucky enough to play the best PvP game ever made in it's prime? I agree then!

D
VeteranXX
Old
125 - 11-05-2008, 01:30
The pip boy is pure console ****. How anyone can defend that is beyond me.
They should have made a pc pip boy. One where you don't have to click all over the screen just to get a damn map. We don't even get a hotkey for critical things like the map.

I like fallout 3 but they crippled the pc version with stupid stuff like the inventory. (again)

Golazo
Old
126 - 11-05-2008, 01:37
agreed. managing weight/inventory feels like really last-gen and out of date. so does not being able to choose pushing M for a map, and not having ESC work to get out of menus.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
127 - 11-05-2008, 02:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by D View Post
They should have made a pc pip boy. One where you don't have to click all over the screen just to get a damn map. We don't even get a hotkey for critical things like the map.

I like fallout 3 but they crippled the pc version with stupid stuff like the inventory. (again)
I can see this - I actually have even been playing the game with my 360 controller on my PC because it seems a lot more handy than mouse/keyboard.

Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
128 - 11-05-2008, 02:06
Quote:

And you've spent an equivalent amount of time talking about DrJonez here.
So?

Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
129 - 11-05-2008, 02:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by D View Post

I wonder if you'd like some cheese with that whine?
If you had a complaint of substance, fine.

D
VeteranXX
Old
130 - 11-05-2008, 03:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
I wonder if you'd like some cheese with that whine?
If you had a complaint of substance, fine.
The pipboy is holding up the game with its unnecessary navigation. When using a gamepad your cursor automaticly locks on the first item of a list. The mouse does not.
The inventory is just plain ****. Trying to sell the right things is a mini game on itself.

I hope they create an inventory mod before I finish the game.

Last edited by D; 11-05-2008 at 03:27..
Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
131 - 11-05-2008, 03:32
I understand your complaints; just saying in the grand scheme of things they seem minor?

Rilke
VeteranX
Old
132 - 11-05-2008, 03:38
I have no problems with pip boy. But then again I'm not a console fag.

Killjoy
VeteranXX
Old
133 - 11-05-2008, 03:42
Quote:
STOP IT
YOU CLEARLY HAVENT PLAYED
IT IS A DEEP TURN BASED COMBAT ADDITION THAT ADDS TONS OF STRATEGY
our ****** president begs to differ

/|maverick|\
VeteranX
Old
134 - 11-05-2008, 04:47

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
135 - 11-05-2008, 04:52
Haha.

bloodymess
VeteranXV
Old
136 - 11-05-2008, 05:11
this game is awesome

Evil Engineer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
137 - 11-05-2008, 05:46
Fallout 1 & 2 were masterpieces, I agree there.

Fallout 3 lives up to the name and the series for me but falls short in a couple areas

Level cap 20? get real, make it harder to obtain or raise the cap so we can get access to more perks

FPS element was cumbersome and underworked, I found myself hiding until I had recharged enough AP to pop out and use the V.A.T.S. again then running around and gunning

Super good or super bad ending, no middle ground. You're either a kingly saint or a baby ****ing demon

other then that there is a ****load of extras out there and my first play through I had a hard time sticking to the story quest simply because I let my curiosity get the better of me and wandered off to explore

NPC's are well done and seem to be aware of their surroundings and current events in the game world. Sit and listen to them sometime, they actually converse among themselves about different topics. I sat for a good 5 minutes in the germantown police station listening to the supermutants talk about needing more people from Big town and planning out their next raid.

The plethora of weapons and armor as well as craftables give plenty of choices to kill things, my current favorite was getting the Fisto! and raising sneak and unarmed skill and running around delievering K.O.'s left and right. Before that I just had to try the walking nuke (powered armor and fatman). Nothing raisies eyebrows more then busting down a door and landing a mushroom cloud in the middle of the room.

And of course the radio stations. You can get missions from them, be entertained and even keep up with the day to day happenings of the DC wasteland while the DJ either sings your praises or curses your name.

and of course if you got the PC version expect infinite replay value thanks to user created mods. I can't wait to see what some people come up with.

All in all I give it a solid 9/10

Last edited by Evil Engineer; 11-05-2008 at 05:48..
Evil Engineer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
138 - 11-05-2008, 06:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilke View Post
I ****ing love this game.

Listening to a Super Mutant cry about his leg as he limps away from my frag mine and then I blow his head off with  Lincoln's Repeater!  is so glorious.
There HAS to be a top hat and lincon beard getup out there somewhere

Angry Lincon has awoken

D
VeteranXX
Old
139 - 11-05-2008, 06:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
I understand your complaints; just saying in the grand scheme of things they seem minor?

The world did not end, that's true.
I consider this point a major complaint tho. It's the second time they pull this **** of. They did it with oblivion and everyone hated it. Fair enough, minor problem, learn from it. They created fallout 3 and they do this again. At that point it isn't a minor problem anymore.

Now you could say that this was a design choice. Ok but then don't claim the game to not be a console port. I remember them claiming in interviews that they were afraid that the game would be too inaccessible for console players. That they were developing for multiple platforms, etc. Yeah ok, at that point maybe they should just had to shut the ****.

Last edited by D; 11-05-2008 at 06:27..
Vampire
VeteranXV
Old
140 - 11-05-2008, 06:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Engineer View Post
There HAS to be a top hat and lincon beard getup out there somewhere

Angry Lincon has awoken
You can get the hat in the same place as the weapon.

Page 7 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fallout 3 = Oblivion with guns

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
kurayamiwar.com