Cat upstages online prayer service

they aren't even useful for dealing w/ mice tbh

For the most part, this is true. Most domestic cats treat mice like live play toys rather than treat them like prey.

YouTube

The notable exception would be "farm cats" or country cats who do enjoy hunting and killing mice.

Having a animal in the city, if you have no yard is just wrong.

The trick with cats to have them act like cats is not to feed them. When that hunger kicks in eventually so will their hunting instinct. Which is a good thing for them. To be what they were meant to be. Hunters.

Our cat Katy was spoiled fucking rotten by Mike. Every time while here up North as soon as Mike would pull out of the drive to go on flight out of town for days or weeks I would toss her food. I'd put her outside with a big bowl of water. Wouldn't take long for her to be all crouched up laser focused on a bird, chipmunk, or a rabbit. That she would kill, play with, and eat.

Last edited:
Having a animal in the city, if you have no yard is just wrong.

The trick with cats to have them act like cats is not to feed them. When that hunger kicks in eventually so will their hunting instinct. Which is a good thing for them. To be what they were meant to be. Hunters.

Our cat Katy was spoiled fucking rotten by Mike. Every time while here up North as soon as Mike would pull out of the drive to go on flight out of town for days or weeks I would toss her food. I'd put her outside with a big bowl of water. Wouldn't take long for her to be all crouched up laser focused on a bird, chipmunk, or a rabbit. That she would kill, play with, and eat.

Cats aren't native here, not these anyway and not in these numbers.

Keeping at cat outside to "kill everything" is quite idiotic and careless. It means birds, rabbits, other rodents you WANT die in mass and most of the time, they're not eaten. Mice and rats are arguably the only things you want not being on your property but even they serve a purpose. Cats do not. They are domesticated and should be indoors or at bare minimum, only outside if you live in the middle of nowhere, but then you're endangering the cat's life because of real predators.

Back