ExCopeIndia2004_mix-f15-mig29-01.jpg

Su27_2.jpg

su27.jpg

536611463_f92ed00345_o.jpg

39672_36081.jpg

20060907144347249.jpg

Sukhoi_Su-32.jpg

Sukhoi_Su-32.jpg

I don't have a favourite, I have several.
The B1, and Flanker in particular make me hard and get bonus points for being the scariest looking things with wings ever conceived.

August 28 1988 – Ramstein airshow disaster (Ramstein, Germany) – Three members of Italy's Frecce Tricolori Air Force Display Team flying Aermacchi MB-339's were involved in a mid-air collision. Three pilots, Lt. Col. Ivo Nutarelli, Lt. Col. Mario Naldini and Cap. Giorgio Alessio were killed, wreckage from the collision landed on the spectators, killing 67 people and seriously injuring 346.

I was at this airshow when it happened. I was 3, but I can vaguely remember a huge fireball and people running away. One of the worst Airshow crashes in history.

I still go to the local air show every year. It is sad but its part of the risk you take when flying like that. Hope it doesn't have any effect on future shows.

June 27 – Concord, New Hampshire – Ron Shelly and his daughter Karen Shelly Duggan, who performed a father daughter wing walking act, were killed when their plane crashed after failing to come out of a roll.[89]

I saw this one happen.

P.S. Do you guys have any idea how fucking retarded some of you sound analyzing this? "Oh, I'm a fry cook, but on weekends I part-time as an aeronautics engineer, so I can tell you for sure that the upper glottus rheostatical meter was low on mercury dioxidical fluid and it caused the negative g's to square therefor it went into a horivertical flat cartwheel and popped."

Shut the fuck up and make me my fries.

June 27 – Concord, New Hampshire – Ron Shelly and his daughter Karen Shelly Duggan, who performed a father daughter wing walking act, were killed when their plane crashed after failing to come out of a roll.[89]

I saw this one happen.

P.S. Do you guys have any idea how fucking retarded some of you sound analyzing this? "Oh, I'm a fry cook, but on weekends I part-time as an aeronautics engineer, so I can tell you for sure that the upper glottus rheostatical meter was low on mercury dioxidical fluid and it caused the negative g's to square therefor it went into a horivertical flat cartwheel and popped."

Shut the fuck up and make me my fries.

:lol:
Strega is a commercial pilot, although I can't remember who he fly's for (He might be gay though, i don't remember).
Eggi is an engineer for Boeing (I think?), and although I often disagree with him, he appears to be a bright knowledgeable person often with credible opinions.
I fly a twin engine turbine for an airline in Canada, and am not long removed from a few seasons of bush flying.
Hyperlite is an Alaskan bush pilot (although idk if he posted in this thread)
I guess that means your opinion is worth more than ours?

Reactions: gim
The news said there was an onboard recording to a memory card as well as a real time telemetry stream to his crew, so there's a good chance they'll be able to figure out what happened.

from what i have heard it isnt a full flight data recorder but a limit exceedence recorder. They should still get some good data off it though.

Back