Just picked up Shadowbane, advice?

KoyCymru said:
Doesn't matter, really... I played UO for a few years, looking forward to a lot of PvP.
MaD_ReBeL is having a blast with his Templar (wannbe tank with some nice spells) and I'm making virtual bling-bling with my Healer/Crusader that can summon.

Assassins and Thieves are a hell of a lot of fun to play too, so post a note or three about what basic class you think you wanna play and I'll be happy to provide whatever cogent thoughts I can drum up.

:wave:

I'm leaning towards something thief- or scout-like. I'd like to use a bow, I suppose, but more importantly I'd like killing other thieves.

Magic 8ball says?

Oh, I've not really played an online RPG for a while, but healer might be something cool. Was flipping through the manual for shit, noticed the confessor class. Is that some filler bullshit or is it decent?

every class has a role...

the question is really finding a class that suits the way you wanna play...

healers are great, and there often arent enough... but then again, they cant really do much on their own (not that they have to, quite the contrary), i just think a lot of people choose having a powerful sort of a character over something like a healer (even though healers are just as useful)...

i made a scout, which i like a lot... most of your usefulness, once you are developed, is for recon/spying type stuff... you aren't going to be particularly powerful in a fight... but scouts are great for putting theives/assassins in a bind ;o

Last edited:
KoyCymru said:
ok, then, advice on scouts?

scout primer -> http://chronicle.ubi.com/Community/Heralds/scoutprimer01.htm

thats the basic scout build... sort of the cookie cutter build that theres at least one of for each class...

i read that before i made mine, but i didnt follow it... i mean, the basics will generally be the same, but you still have room to make a character that fits the way you play...

like, you dont _have_ to use a bow w/ scout, or you dont have to go the route of rapidshot...

in any case, as a scout your most important skills to develop are Sneak, Detect Hidden, and your speed/stamina (running/con+ath)...

The Rogue classes are the only way to go for me. Im playing a scout now. No other class of character even remotely interests me.

pretty much

there are a bunch of healer based classes though.

I just rolled a confessor and I was basically a healer from levels 1-18

now I'm a badass medium armor wearing nuker who doesn't run out of mana.

Back