does **** like this show up on carfax

I'd like to know if my new ride was practically totaled previously

Sponsored Links
clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 02-06-2018, 23:34
is there an easier way to learn python than pbeam maybe a good book?

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
43 - 02-06-2018, 23:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontw View Post
does **** like this show up on carfax

I'd like to know if my new ride was practically totaled previously
If carfax searches police reports by vin, then yes. She did quite a bit of damage to the mustang she hit. Most states have a set threshold for reporting damage. A percentage of total worth or dollar amount, but it's up to the seller to disclose it.

Any competent body man can spot amateur repairs. It's also pretty easy to spot professional repairs if you know what to look for.

The airbag module also has a record of events if they are deployed, but that can be cleared with the right tool. Most rebuilders simply replace them.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
44 - 02-07-2018, 03:28
You are a ****ing boss, Plaz

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
45 - 02-07-2018, 15:58
some dude hit my jetta last night or during the evening idk

left rear passenger door ****ed but operational. heavy denting is whatever thats what hammers/suction dildos are for. the deep scratches...****. i am not a paint guy, as evidenced by my jeep rusted spot paint job

beep boop
VeteranX
Old
46 - 02-07-2018, 20:00
thats ****ing amazing bro

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 02-07-2018, 23:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban_Villa View Post
some dude hit my jetta last night or during the evening idk

left rear passenger door ****ed but operational. heavy denting is whatever thats what hammers/suction dildos are for. the deep scratches...****. i am not a paint guy, as evidenced by my jeep rusted spot paint job
Find a paintless dent removal guy. I've seen them do some amazing things. PDR won't work if the metal is creased enough to break the paint. If that's the case find a complete door the same color if possible and replace it. Doors are a lot easier to find than front and rear parts, and you may get lucky locally. If not try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and sort by distance. It's pretty easy to hang a new door, but electronics may complicate it.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 02-08-2018, 01:58
Paint codes are listed on the information sticker on the drivers door, just inside the lower door jamb. (on that year Jeep, other makes vary) From there you can blend paint into the next panel - paint it with diluted paint to transition the color into the next panel.

g0ds gReeN
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 02-08-2018, 02:16

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
50 - 02-08-2018, 15:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
Find a paintless dent removal guy. I've seen them do some amazing things. PDR won't work if the metal is creased enough to break the paint. If that's the case find a complete door the same color if possible and replace it. Doors are a lot easier to find than front and rear parts, and you may get lucky locally. If not try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and sort by distance. It's pretty easy to hang a new door, but electronics may complicate it.
thats a good site, if not a little tough to use i.e. advanced for 2002. found the part ez enough, ill have to figure out the electrical circuit portion of it (this is why I love TJs and YJs, minimal electronics) and well that'll be cheaper then about anything. thanks bro

Gouge
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 02-08-2018, 15:58
Nice work, Plasmatic.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
52 - 02-08-2018, 16:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban_Villa View Post
thats a good site, if not a little tough to use i.e. advanced for 2002. found the part ez enough, ill have to figure out the electrical circuit portion of it (this is why I love TJs and YJs, minimal electronics) and well that'll be cheaper then about anything. thanks bro
The electronics probably disconnect inside the door. It's not difficult, but time consuming and tedious. Let the car warm up so the plastic is warm and not brittle. Take your time and be patient. One of those cheap LED magnetic lights will help immensely if you don't already have one.

You may also need some torx bits, and small picks.

Last edited by Plasmatic; 02-08-2018 at 16:43..
Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
53 - 02-08-2018, 17:20
Well done. Those hydraulic porta-power kits are tops. I once purchased a damaged VW 1976 golf (I've had many golfs) for $550 private deal drive-able with rear damage, and 11 months rego. Fixed it up with hydraulic porta-power kit, bit of bog and paint, swapped better parts off it onto another Golf, then sold repaired one for $1100 with 6 months rego.

Doubled my money, and got some better parts off it for the main Golf... but it took time and effort.

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
54 - 02-08-2018, 17:26
Quote:
The electronics probably disconnect inside the door. It's not difficult, but time consuming and tedious. Let the car warm up so the plastic is warm and not brittle. Take your time and be patient. One of those cheap LED magnetic lights will help immensely if you don't already have one.

You may also need some torx bits, and small picks.
I have torx on standalones, ratchet torx bits, including some right angles although finicky to use and a bit bulky (have had difficulty but success in using them for my jeep before). Would I potentially need any of those curvy ones shown in your opinion?

Last edited by Esteban_Villa; 02-08-2018 at 17:46..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
55 - 02-08-2018, 17:56
Sounds like you're set for torx. The curvy picks are for getting electrical plugs apart and lining up bolt holes. Depending on the seller, they may remove the glass, window regulator and door handle unless you ask for them. Not a big deal, but more work.

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
56 - 02-08-2018, 18:15
thx, good consideration regarding the door handle and ****. ill give u the most important currency around (rep) as the fascists arent letting me due to not spreading it around enough

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
57 - 02-08-2018, 20:47
Quote:
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
this one has a bunch of stuff too

ROCKAUTO Auto Parts | RockAuto

I've been working on my cars since I got my first one. I just buy new ones now every 3-5 years but I still do my (most of) my oil changes and service. I'm due now ****.

TechnoDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 02-08-2018, 21:14
I am thoroughly impressed. Strong work.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
59 - 02-09-2018, 23:56
Looks like I may get the opportunity to work on my own stuff for a change. Just got rear ended in the wife's Toyota Rav4. Not even a year old The good news is I may make some money on this if my buddys shop does the paint work and I do the rest.

Doesn't look bad, but the bumper skin is cracked, rear gate is bent, and won't open. I'm pretty sure the frame where it latches is bent.

Last edited by Plasmatic; 02-10-2018 at 00:12..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
60 - 02-16-2018, 03:05
Annnnd the ***** didn't have insurance so I'll be eating the $1000 deductable, and my back is ****ed up. $5,835.04 in damage.

Whiplash ain't no joke. I was fine over the weekend, but couldn't hardly wipe my own ass on Monday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-wP5Wx4FA
Chiropractor fixed me right up. Now I'm wiping my ass like a champ!

Page 3 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Am I doing this right? [pics]

Social Website Bullshit