Having a 'workplace-intervention' conversation with a friend/colleague by |R|u|s|t|y| - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Having a 'workplace-intervention' conversation with a friend/colleague
Page 8 of 8
BionicBooger
VeteranXV
Old
141 - 08-11-2019, 16:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
unless you're his supervisor, I wouldn't have had this "talk" with him at all. It's not your place.
People stress and ***** over their co-workers so much. If it ain't your employee, then worry about yourself. If someone is a problem, then it's the fault of the boss if it goes unseen and uncorrected.

Sponsored Links
bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
142 - 08-11-2019, 19:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicBooger View Post
People stress and ***** over their co-workers so much. If it ain't your employee, then worry about yourself. If someone is a problem, then it's the fault of the boss if it goes unseen and uncorrected.
tbf it's only natural to have opinions of the people you work with every single day, it does affect you whether or not they're your responsibility. in fact it seems a lot weirder not to care.

however the correct venue for airing these thoughts is happy hour, not hr or tattle tale

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
143 - 08-12-2019, 07:43
There is a dude at work who always leaves the cardboard tubes from the toilet paper roll on the floor or placed over the handle of the brush.

Really gives people the ****s and he won't learn not to do it despite being told.

****er always leaves band aid wrappers around as well and spills sugar every ****ing time he makes a coffee.

That is why it is awesome to be the boss, so you can get rid of ****ers for small petty reasons before someone decides to crack his skull for being an *******.

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
144 - 08-12-2019, 08:23
I worked in an office with only 3 males and one would often put his dirty hand on the wall when he pisses into the toilet. What kind of person does that? One hand on the wall in front of you as you lean over the toilet to piss. The other hand likely aiming his dirty pecker at the toilet. Freaks. So I ask the cleaner if they can clean it off when they get a chance. Hand print comes back every week or so. What kind of disgusting office worker has hands dirty enough to put a print on a wall? Why even lean on the wall?

Same place the boss talks on and on to me about some stuff that is a bit sensitive. End of conversation he walks off and this other guy pops out and says he recorded the conversation on his phone for some freaking reason. I had to explain to him that recording audio covertly is illegal. He said "I didn't know". What an idiot. So I suggested he deletes it.

Same place a girl falls on the floor while going to sit in an office chair. I explain the incident to the boss. Boss tells me to get her to do a 'reenactment' on video. Jesus. So I did. WTF is with people?

At another office a guy uses the women's toilet instead of the men's on a regular basis. The women complain.

At another office one guy sweats profusely and has pretty bad BO by end of day. Staff ***** to each other about it. I don't care, I don't sit near him. This goes on for at least a year. Still happening.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
145 - 08-12-2019, 09:41
I have had to tell people a number of times to take a shower and use deodorant - it's really ****ing awkward.

Last few years tho you can't single people out and with the prevalence of Indian workers there is no need, they all stink. Last place I worked, we had to do a group meeting and have hygiene policy notices put on the notice board. Now, anyone who stinks can be sent home, managements discretion as to who is a stinky ****er or not (so we always sent the women home when they had their periods).

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
146 - 08-13-2019, 14:25
I find it amazing how many people fail at the basics. Being a manager is also very eye opening. I had an employee slit her wrists in her boyfriends driveway, then try to come into work. He was half her age, she had kids his age, and was still married.. Another OD'd a few times before getting the job done, his kids are better off without him. One was giving blowjobs out in the yard and doing coke, etc .. One guy killed a few people street racing, crashed into the side of a car.

As management you get to learn just how ****ty people your co workers really are. Things you never know as non management. We also insulate you from this nonsense so you can do your goddamn jobs you gold brickers!

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
147 - 08-13-2019, 18:51
pls give me raise boss
thank u
god bless

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
148 - 08-17-2019, 01:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
managers don't work, they make spreadsheets that a $13/hr secretary could and sit in meetings playing candy crush on their phones

i'm just joshin i've had good supervisors but also ones so depserate for something to do they would invite themselves to my engineering meetings to sit in the back and say nothing
I can't stand those empty suit types. I have a counterpart on another shift in the same role, and he answers everything "I don't know, I'm just the weekend manager"

I was promoted from a technical lead position, but the lead position was eliminated by the powers that be. So yay me, I get a promotion.

Page 8 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Having a 'workplace-intervention' conversation with a friend/colleague

Social Website Bullshit