Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page xbox360 and firmware hacking
Page 3 of 4
Surge
VeteranX
Old
41 - 05-07-2010, 16:17
the box gets banned from going online, your tag isnt touched

if you use it online and eventually get banned, you can still play games with it you just cant connect to live

Sponsored Links
cannon-
Veteran5
Old
42 - 05-07-2010, 16:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji View Post
I won't be going online with my xbox so I'm guessing I won't be banned I hope

and do they ban your xbox (aka you won't be able to play games anymore) or just ban your life account ?
Even if you don't go online your xbox will flag your console for a ban once it's reconnected to xbox live. So like I said, research abgx. Unless you never ever plan on having your console connected to live then don't worry about it.

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
43 - 05-07-2010, 16:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon- View Post
Even if you don't go online your xbox will flag your console for a ban once it's reconnected to xbox live. So like I said, research abgx. Unless you never ever plan on having your console connected to live then don't worry about it.
Never ever connecting your console to live again is the better way to do it. Keep the ethernet jack OUT.

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
44 - 05-09-2010, 15:21
Got my DVD+R DL's yesterday. Worked like a charm. Been playing Splinter Cell and Bayonetta.

Hopefully the ixtreme LT 1.1 firmware for my Benq stays undetected for awhile. Even though my system will be offline the majority of the time.

phisher|sm
VeteranX
Old
45 - 05-09-2010, 15:57
Se7enSins - Modern Warfare 2 Modding and Glitching

This is a pretty good website on mods, I've been looking into it also lately and it seems like you need an older xbox 360 to do it, can anyone confirm this?

edit: check the forums

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
46 - 05-09-2010, 17:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisher|sm View Post
Se7enSins - Modern Warfare 2 Modding and Glitching

This is a pretty good website on mods, I've been looking into it also lately and it seems like you need an older xbox 360 to do it, can anyone confirm this?

edit: check the forums
You can mod any xbox, some are just easier than others. I lucked out with Benq.

Benq/Samsung are the easiest, then Hitachi, then Lite-On being the most difficult.

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 05-09-2010, 17:24
If you're only going to use it modded, what does it matter if it's banned? You lose like 3 unimportant features. better off not worrying about it and being able to use it for streaming video and all that.

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 05-09-2010, 18:23
Quote:
You can mod any xbox, some are just easier than others. I lucked out with Benq.

Benq/Samsung are the easiest, then Hitachi, then Lite-On being the most difficult.
Hitachi was easier for me than samsung.

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
49 - 05-10-2010, 03:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfive View Post
Hitachi was easier for me than samsung.
How long ago did you mod it? If i recall correctly Benq/samsung were basically the same method and takes about 5 minutes total. I could be wrong, maybe I got it backwards.

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
50 - 05-10-2010, 04:22
Maybe 4 months ago? Mine is from 07 though. Alls I had to do was plug her up and hit go.

Anji
Veteran++
Old
51 - 05-10-2010, 08:39
okay so i've did it but I don't think it worked. How can I check wether I flashed the firmware ? It was writing the new firmware but my xbox shut down because it wasn't connected to a tv

I've "bought" a game and did it on a DVD DL but still to no avail please advise

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 05-10-2010, 08:58
Quote:
It was writing the new firmware but my xbox shut down because it wasn't connected to a tv
for some reason that doesn't seem good. lol

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
53 - 05-10-2010, 09:01
liteon's are a pain in the ass.

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
54 - 05-10-2010, 09:32
Quote:
okay so i've did it but I don't think it worked. How can I check wether I flashed the firmware ? It was writing the new firmware but my xbox shut down because it wasn't connected to a tv

I've "bought" a game and did it on a DVD DL but still to no avail please advise
If you can still play regular games you didn't brick it. Start from scratch and make sure you're following the guide correctly. Your xbox will only stay on for a certain amount of time so you have to do it fairly quickly. It really shouldn't take you more than 4-5 minutes.

Also make sure you're not forgetting to outro your drive to take it out of vendor mode once the flash is complete.

I would recommend re reading the jungleflasher pdf thoroughly before you attempt it again. Also make you aren't just burning the .iso file you need a .dvd file which can be created through abgx.

ABGX Guide: http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-...torial-809679/
Burning Guide: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/729303

Last edited by cannon-; 05-10-2010 at 09:40..
Anji
Veteran++
Old
55 - 05-10-2010, 09:45
cannon.
MUCHO MUCHO GRACIAS.

Apparently the firmware I downloaded online was bad I tried again with the one you used and badda bing i'm currently playing a newly "bought" game haha

Nice. Thanks again Cannon for inspiring me "CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN"

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
56 - 05-10-2010, 11:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezlpo View Post
My 360 RRoDed on Sunday.
search online for red ring of death fix.

My sons 360 red bricked, I spent about 10 bucks at lowes and followed the instructions and about 30 minutes later and missing half the side of my pinkie finger I have a working fixed xbox. (I had to dremel out a stripped screw and it came out of the clamp and cut my finger...)

Basically the board has so much pressure on it from the brackets they use, when it gets hot the solder joints come loose. This fix takes the pressure off the board and prevents it from warping. I downloaded a pdf with part numbers and just followed the instructions. That was about 4 months ago and we haven't had an issue since.

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
57 - 05-10-2010, 11:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow13 View Post
search online for red ring of death fix.

My sons 360 red bricked, I spent about 10 bucks at lowes and followed the instructions and about 30 minutes later and missing half the side of my pinkie finger I have a working fixed xbox. (I had to dremel out a stripped screw and it came out of the clamp and cut my finger...)

Basically the board has so much pressure on it from the brackets they use, when it gets hot the solder joints come loose. This fix takes the pressure off the board and prevents it from warping. I downloaded a pdf with part numbers and just followed the instructions. That was about 4 months ago and we haven't had an issue since.
If his isn't hacked he could always just ship it to Microsoft for free. My brother's rrod last month and I believe they have a life time warranty for rrod as long as the warranty sticker is in tact.

Anji
Veteran++
Old
58 - 05-10-2010, 11:48
Quote:
I got mine off xbins.org IRC but just google ixtreme LT v1.1 Benq

EDIT: I decided to be useful and uploaded it for you

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Cannon,

one last question this is version 1.1 right ? why didn't you use 1.5 or 1.6 i'm reading alot about how it's better

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
59 - 05-10-2010, 11:51
Quote:
Cannon,

one last question this is version 1.1 right ? why didn't you use 1.5 or 1.6 i'm reading alot about how it's better
I'm not sure where on earth you are reading that but older firmware has been detected by Microsoft. Also the new firmware allows waveless booting which means you don't have to patch your iso's to older wave versions.

I'd say 1.1 is leaps and bounds better, it's as close as possible to stock FW. The only thing with 1.1 is all the security checks are no longer there to keep you from booting bad games. That's why abgx is so important if you're playing online.

My system is an offline only system and I still make sure all my disks are stealth and ssv2. I don't even play games before release date and the iso I download has to be 100% verified on abgx for me to even touch it.

Last edited by cannon-; 05-10-2010 at 11:53..
Anji
Veteran++
Old
60 - 05-10-2010, 11:55
so wait 1.1 is newer then 1.5 ?

Page 3 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page xbox360 and firmware hacking

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
odio is a fucking retard , yarr matey i banged katie