The Drawing Thread

I'm doing some concept sketches for a large size illustration which will be the first piece in the portfolio I plan to develop.

Alchemist01.jpg

Usher said:
I'm doing some concept sketches for a large size illustration which will be the first piece in the portfolio I plan to develop.

Alchemist01.jpg
reminds me of jacobo legozi(sp)

i saw an exhibition of his work @ the louvre about a year ago

CapnPyro said:
Just finished this tonight, let me know what you guys think. A few things look off, and there's a few things that are new to me that I've never drawn before.

wsp1.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but that first shot, it looks like the perspective may be off a bit. I'm not too sure what I'm looking at there.

I like the facial detail though.

And the last panel, I'm not real sure about the position. I think I'd like to see them as they come through the glass or whatever from the exact opposite angle, looking up at them.

Good work though. I've recently decided to jump back in, although my linework has suffered a good bit from lack of use, so I may concentrate on coloring. Nice bit of inspiration from the artwork posted so far.

I just started this Wacom sketch a little bit ago, but I'm really too tired to keep working on it now. I'll probably finish it tomorrow or Thursday.

pb-height2.jpg

pyrot3chnic said:
what happened to page 5?

Never finished, never will be finished. No scanner and my brother is way too lazy to scan it himself.

Besides, the joke has lost its edge now. Nobody cares about T:V anymore, much less my strange obsession with its heroine and a large monster version of myself.

MC Hamster said:
Back when I was a kid, we used to draw tyres on our cars.

So did I... But then came Pimp My Ride and I realised there mustn't be visible sidewalls in a car... :sunny:

Everything's exaggerated on purpose.

public said:
So did I... But then came Pimp My Ride and I realised there mustn't be visible sidewalls in a car... :sunny:

Everything's exaggerated on purpose.

Everything? I see no spoiler to provide extra drag, no outrageous body kit to be destroyed by small speedhumps.. no neons to use more power and distract other drivers. Frankly, I'm not convinced. :)

(ps: this is no criticism on the drawing)

MC Hamster said:
Everything? I see no spoiler to provide extra drag, no outrageous body kit to be destroyed by small speedhumps.. no neons to use more power and distract other drivers. Frankly, I'm not convinced. :)

(ps: this is no criticism on the drawing)

Hehehe :) I sort of figured out I'd draw something with enough power so it wouldn't have to compensate slowness with any add-on shit ;)

And this wasn't any math class doodle, but one of some actual drawings I made in presentation technique class at product/industrial design I'm currently studying :lol:

the evolution of HamsterSketch continues:

spent the last... 20 mins, 1/2 hour or so scratching up this (wacom/Painter)

sketch1.jpg

Back