[Official] The Anglers Thread

finally landed a fish on the powerbait today... only one problem....
amxoic.jpg

it was a catfish not a trout :lol: ohh well still eatable.

then i hooked up on a trout with my fav lure and it snapped my line :( now i gotta find if they even make the crankbait i want anymore.

watched fish swim around today :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/travace.travis/videos/10153742351587480/?l=4855270873017850956
dont know if link will work but it was a truck stocking trout. i did go home with a nice trout but it was a pitty fish... let a guy use my stringer and he gave it to me... i did catch 1 fish myself... with my bare hands... right after the stocking one swam almost on shore so i grabbed it... the ranger yelled at me "put that back" so i did :lol: anyhow thought it was a nice pic of the fish i was given.
2r595dg.jpg

decided to go hit up the pier today. for 3 bucks you can get a half bag of squid. #6/0 hook with rings of the squid doubled up on the hook. In the surf i hit a baby leopard shark.

24llbw7.jpg

r22idf.jpg

fun times.

awesome start to my morning... get to the spot at prolly 6:10am. open this new powerbait i got
9pqsma.jpg

i set it up cast it it out and turn around to grab my jigging pole when i hear it... turn around and bouncing full hooked up. i fight it for a second but noticed my drag was never set(DOH!!!) as i am reaching to set drag it snaps... damm... so i get to setting up wich only takes a couple mins. cast out again... this time i dont turn my back and i take two steps back and as im reaching for my jigging pole BAM its got a fish... this one i land and it was one of the smaller ones. haha that has never happened to me so fast like that back to back. before 1pm i got limit today with a couple biggins in there.... the first big one was 5lb and i got it on 2lb fluorocarbon with powerbait and the 5 1/2 lb i hit on 4lb fluorocarbon with a mini jig which was the funnest catch by far for me so far this trout season at my local lake
166izqv.jpg

2j5igj7.jpg

What do you weigh now Travace? Looks like you've done a p good job of keeping it off.

fuck im feeling fatty lately. sitting around 205-210. i been making more effort to move around tho. instead of picking a spot on the lake and posting up all day(or for a few hours) i am walking the lake shore spot fishing. its funner anyway.

Catching a nice sized catfish on my mystic minnow actually pissed me off. Was a bitch to get back haha. Love the pics. I renewed my fishing license today, I still need a new reel with a good recovery for spinners and panther martins lures.

Any recommendations on ones that won't fold to a 5lb smallmouth at every turn? Those are my main targets anyway for river/creek fishing.

Catching a nice sized catfish on my mystic minnow actually pissed me off. Was a bitch to get back haha. Love the pics. I renewed my fishing license today, I still need a new reel with a good recovery for spinners and panther martins lures.

Any recommendations on ones that won't fold to a 5lb smallmouth at every turn? Those are my main targets anyway for river/creek fishing.

wish i knew more about the stuff that is out right now. im just learning some of that stuff. I was having a hard time catching any trout with mini jigs but yet i see guys catchingw ith em all the time. till i talked to a guy. he looked at my reel and said its too fast of recovery for that. so i slowed my jiging retreve down A LOT... hit 3 that day.

have had so much trout i gag when i try to eat it... i dont care how its cooked right now. So i hung up all the trout rods and set up (shitty set up) a rod and reel for bass and hit the lake today. The Largemouth bass are now spawning. for the last two weeks i started noticing the bass pairing up when i was fishing for trout. this week i see a lot more males just hanging out. which usually means a nest is near. So i took some small lipless crankbaits i actually found at this same lake and start throwing it and jerking it through the area on one of em. i started noticing the male doing this strange(to me) mouth thing behind my crankbait but its not actually biting. i learned its just trying to scare off any predetors to the nest. I keep at this for like 20 mins and it pays off. that bastard got pissed the fuck off and started actually attacking 3 times i try to set and lure flys out of the water and almost hits me. 4th was money. then later on i do the same thing. all in super clear water. nothing big but watching it happen and learning what the fish are doing at my lake was super fun.
2dtoio7.jpg

5a27h4.jpg

so yea bass season is here. wish me luck on finally landing that 10lb female i dream of.

Last edited:
I put a $500 deposit down on a fishing kayak today. I'm really looking forward to getting out on some local lakes to troll for trout.

I can also get out into the bay and do some crabbing.

I put a $500 deposit down on a fishing kayak today. I'm really looking forward to getting out on some local lakes to troll for trout.

I can also get out into the bay and do some crabbing.

elvis you in the SF bay area? Crabbing and doing anything in the ocean can be gnarly. becareful out there. Really make sure you can self rescue and that you're properly attired. wetsuit and pfd at least. Preferably you'll have a safety whistle and vhf. Also make sure you've got everything strapped down, fucking yardsales suck and are both embarrassing and expensive.

elvis you in the SF bay area? Crabbing and doing anything in the ocean can be gnarly. becareful out there. Really make sure you can self rescue and that you're properly attired. wetsuit and pfd at least. Preferably you'll have a safety whistle and vhf. Also make sure you've got everything strapped down, fucking yardsales suck and are both embarrassing and expensive.

Thank you for your concernicus

Can you imagine something like that being said back in your Grandfathers time?

gdamn the world is full of old women nowadays

make sure your yak can hold plenty of booze and cigarettes

Back