Holy second page, batman.
Boned.

CarpeIppon
Veteran++
Old
23 - 01-31-2009, 20:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urshilikai View Post
I never said it was made from our Sun, i'm just saying that stars are the conduit by which hydrogen is fused together to become heavier elements. It came from a star, not necessarily our own.

way to totally twist my words around ******

and you didnt answer the ****ing question either
looks like you answered your own ****ing question then. another star. how do stars make elements heavier than helium? they go nova.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
24 - 01-31-2009, 20:36
The by product of this reaction is definitely NOT uranium, or a radioactive isotope.
If that answers your question.

10-12 FEET, spherical machine lined with magnets is how post 16 should read

Hurricane Harold
VeteranX
Old
25 - 01-31-2009, 20:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
yes, funding dropped in 06, he was able to speak publicly (it was funded by navy) and now Navy has stepped back in to relaunch the first one and build a 100MW demo. for testing
Well it's about ****ing time. Though I won't be particularly surprised if it turns out to be a bust, it'll be fun either way.

consultant
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 01-31-2009, 20:38
Well I hope this actually does work all great accomplishments are greatly condemned during there conceptions.

WeRe-|WoLf|-
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
27 - 01-31-2009, 21:41
My confidence in scientific research to yield the means to more efficient power production is roughly equivalent to my jaded belief that our political and civic infrastructure will remain corrupt enough that winter heat bills will continue to increase regardless.

Brontez
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 01-31-2009, 21:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeIppon View Post
The sun didn't make the uranium on earth. That has existed since the earth's formation. The sun was created when hot swirling mass of hydrogen compressed together to a point where it auto-ignited into fusion. Everything else swirled around and orbited the sun until it made the planets, moons, asteroids, etc.
This is partially correct, however it is commonly accepted now that our sun is actually a remnant of a larger star that existed before it. This star exploded providing all the elements we have in the solar system (other than hydrogen and helium, which existed previously to form the original star). So in effect, all the uranium in our solar system did come from our sun, as did the earth, although it was a much larger sun than it is now.

Basically, all the elements above helium and hydrogen, that are in our solar system, originated here and were not pre-existing.

:The Moar U No:

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 01-31-2009, 21:53
there is an international project to research fusion called ITER

ITER - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i guess they are wasting billions of dollars since this guy already figured it out!

soundjester
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 01-31-2009, 21:53
great now the planet will asplode

Hurricane Harold
VeteranX
Old
31 - 01-31-2009, 21:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontez View Post
This is partially correct, however it is commonly accepted now that our sun is actually a remnant of a larger star that existed before it. This star exploded providing all the elements we have in the solar system (other than hydrogen and helium, which existed previously to form the original star). So in effect, all the uranium in our solar system did come from our sun, as did the earth, although it was a much larger sun than it is now.

Basically, all the elements above helium and hydrogen, that are in our solar system, originated here and were not pre-existing.

:The Moar U No:
The solar system formed, as stars do, from a cloud of dust. Whatever created the cloud was not the sun. That would be just as silly as saying that the sun is the singularity before the big bang.

FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
32 - 01-31-2009, 21:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSupey View Post
Holy first page, batman.
pray, boy! Prayyyyyy!

Brontez
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 01-31-2009, 22:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Harold View Post
The solar system formed, as stars do, from a cloud of dust. Whatever created the cloud was not the sun. That would be just as silly as saying that the sun is the singularity before the big bang.

Hurricane Harold
VeteranX
Old
34 - 01-31-2009, 22:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontez View Post
You want to actually respond? A star blew up. **** coalesced into a new star and planets (possibly with a bit of other **** mixed in). New star and planets are not the old star, they're just made from the same ****.

Mr_Rabies
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 01-31-2009, 22:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wODKm9cI9Lw

Seraph
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 01-31-2009, 23:10
****ing DOT, will read this thread later.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
37 - 01-31-2009, 23:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
there is an international project to research fusion called ITER

ITER - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i guess they are wasting billions of dollars since this guy already figured it out!
Bussard was a leader in creating the foundations for the ITER following back in the 70s. The reason he was a proponet of tokomak reactors was because they DoE would throw tons of money at the project. He could then use some of this grant money to proceed with the experiments he actually thought would be viable at some point. Thus, 35 years later, we have his fusion reactor. There were some problems that plagued them for 15 years, and those have all been (allegedly) ironed out.

Just like Nasa's shuttle workforce lobby (the reason we are using a shuttle based architecture and not a brand new thing - jobs and such), the tokomak lobby is huge. They have thousands of jobs and tons of very high ranking scientists have bet their careers on it. So of course countries with an interest in this already established job field are going to pursue a tech that, in 12 years, finally becomes operational. We won't even know if it is a good operation.

I quasi-touched on this in a previous post. For more info, go to Bussard's wiki, or follow one of the links i provided.

shadowed_hero
Veteran++
Old
38 - 01-31-2009, 23:42

Stealth
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 01-31-2009, 23:51
FYI, we'll all be long dead by the time this technology sees the light of day.

DrJonez
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 01-31-2009, 23:57
So how much of a boom will it make if one of these goes haywire and takes out a town?

Page 2 of 33

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fusion power? YOU BET!

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
chrisperger johnson , goshin , goshin fucks men , goshin is unhappy irl , goshin science lesson , shirtless fatty , shit thread shit poster , tokamak is best