[Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please] by telos - Page 198 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]
Page 198 of 229
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
3941 - 04-08-2009, 10:49
better yet, you were in constant communication with them after the other "audits" that found "irregularities" to actively pinpoint the problem. then they tell you that they will constantly monitor the situation... then they don't do a single thing until after the contest ends? what is that?

furthermore, the irregularities that they "found" the last time led to accounts being closed. Legit accounts too. Proof enough that they can't even monitor their own online polls.

Sponsored Links
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
3942 - 04-08-2009, 10:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
Well that's why I said start the talks with the lawyers and media sources, not "call in the rainmakers now and ruin their ****." If you can do this with the dealership privately then fantastic and you can make the calls back to the respective parties that their services aren't needed. No one is going to jump all over this in a day or two with Easter coming up which is why I just suggested getting the ball rolling.

But hey, if you can do this with the dealership, more power to you and I know I speak for at least a handful of TWers when I say we're here in whatever positive capacity we can serve.
why on earth would you talk to media before talking to a lawyer

telos
VeteranXV
Old
3943 - 04-08-2009, 10:52
I am hoping to resolve this through private lines of communications with all parties involved. As I have said if I need to escalate I will. Until I hear back from the contest admins who have received a request from feldmann to clear up some questions I'm just going to sit and let it all digest.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
3944 - 04-08-2009, 10:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
better yet, you were in constant communication with them after the other "audits" that found "irregularities" to actively pinpoint the problem. then they tell you that they will constantly monitor the situation... then they don't do a single thing until after the contest ends? what is that?

furthermore, the irregularities that they "found" the last time led to accounts being closed. Legit accounts too. Proof enough that they can't even monitor their own online polls.
I fully agree with all of this and have pointed it out to both feldmann and the contest administrators. I'm hoping they shed some light on it.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
3945 - 04-08-2009, 10:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
I am hoping to resolve this through private lines of communications with all parties involved. As I have said if I need to escalate I will. Until I hear back from the contest admins who have received a request from feldmann to clear up some questions I'm just going to sit and let it all digest.
gl dude let us know if you need a massive goatse campaign

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
3946 - 04-08-2009, 10:55
anyone in San Diego that can type out a professional letter should help out and send one to the Turko. His thing is exactly this kind of ****... When someone is wronged you call TURKO

Ben Dover
VeteranX
Old
3947 - 04-08-2009, 10:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post

Very good points.

PixieDee
VeteranXX
Old
3948 - 04-08-2009, 11:01
Seems like such a horrible idea to screw with a contest of this magnitude when the Internet is involved. I wonder if they assumed no one would care enough to make a big deal about it? So stupid.

Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
3949 - 04-08-2009, 11:11
You should warn them to open up a direct line of communication with you, as you are currently holding back a flood of legitimate voters turned angry nerds with a vendetta to be served.

What we could do is use that well drafted letter to do a letter a day sort of thing. Everyone who legitimately voted would now be doing a letter each day. This would be a good way of proving we were legit. Since they can just ignore the letter, we could also keep their phone lines tied up every day for the symbolic period of the contest. 18 or whatever days it was.

Rho
VeteranXV
Old
3950 - 04-08-2009, 11:12
Telos is on the right track, you have to maintain the highground before nuking from orbit. Good luck buddy, I think it'll all pan out in the end.

Quote:
You should warn them to open up a direct line of communication with you, as you are currently holding back a flood of legitimate voters turned angry nerds with a vendetta to be served.

What we could do is use that well drafted letter to do a letter a day sort of thing. Everyone who legitimately voted would now be doing a letter each day. This would be a good way of proving we were legit. Since they can just ignore the letter, we could also keep their phone lines tied up every day for the symbolic period of the contest. 18 or whatever days it was.
We're gonna hit them like a Vermont logging truck.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
3951 - 04-08-2009, 11:12
i never voted and even I would email a letter a day..or something

telos
VeteranXV
Old
3952 - 04-08-2009, 11:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rho View Post
We're gonna hit them like a Vermont logging truck.
this is why I love TW. I did include a line that basically said I hope that you open a line of communication with me so that I can communicate to the 1400+ angry voters that are ready to go on the war path.

Phrozen
VeteranXX
Old
3953 - 04-08-2009, 11:18
Quote:
The fact of the matter is I really don't want to drag the other couple through the mud. It really has nothing to do with them and they are a month away from their wedding date and don't need something else to think about.

Really all I care for is proof that the contest was audited fairly. I'll look into the lawyer route later today. Even getting it in the news will effect the other couple and I really don't want that. I think I will also try and get in contact with a PR person at feldmann to let them know that a company they payed to hold a fair and unbias contest didn't seem to follow through on their contract.

And yes as was stated by some one a few posts up. This has been an amazing start to my fiancee and I's lives together. Its amazing how many people put in votes for us whether they knew us or not.
Telos, you played by the rules. You should be able to win a judgement for the value of the grand prize. A lawyer should be willing to work for a percentage of the judgement.

You don't even need to win the total amount. If a lawyer can prove that you have a case, they won't take it to trial. They'll settle for the value of the wedding, because if they lose at all even if you would only be awarded a few hundred bucks they are still responsible for the lawyer fees.

Icey
VeteranX
Old
3954 - 04-08-2009, 11:19
Quote:
this is why I love TW. I did include a line that basically said I hope that you open a line of communication with me so that I can communicate to the 1400+ angry voters that are ready to go on the war path.
Well I certainly hope you did that in the most polite and professional way as possible.

PixieDee
VeteranXX
Old
3955 - 04-08-2009, 11:21
Quote:
Well I certainly hope you did that in the most polite and professional way as possible.
Judging from all of his posts throughout this entire thread, I'm sure he was a giant douchebag and used many profanities.

Icey
VeteranX
Old
3956 - 04-08-2009, 11:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDee View Post
Judging from all of his posts throughout this entire thread, I'm sure he was a giant douchebag and used many profanities.
Well come on now Pixie, he admitted that he was really emotional about this awhile back so who the hell knows what exactly he said. But I gather your point.

Seanpr123
Veteran++
Old
3957 - 04-08-2009, 11:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
Changing status back to defcon 2. In a holding pattern and waiting for orders.
lol, very nice

Quote:
Well come on now Pixie, he admitted that he was really emotional about this awhile back so who the hell knows what exactly he said. But I gather your point.
Ya I'm pretty sure of all the people this could have happened to on this forum, telos is one of the few who can properly handle this situation.

:crosses fingers:
SHOW ME THE MONAAY!

telos
VeteranXV
Old
3958 - 04-08-2009, 11:41
Quote:
Actually what I said is I realize I could be making emotion based statements. Realizing this typically makes you reread things a few times to remove as much of the emotion laden details and stick to just the facts as much as possible.

For being a nerdy engineer I'm often commended on my ability to communicate appropriately so I'm not too worried.

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3959 - 04-08-2009, 11:44
If you get a huge cash settlement you should give some money to the people who voted and posted every single day :O

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
3960 - 04-08-2009, 11:46
hate to say it but I don't think it looks good. They're not going to take the wedding back from that couple, that would be worse flack for them than ****ing you over in the first place. We did have illegitimate votes and they can remove us from the contest for them, whether they do it after removing the votes and allowing us to continue or whether they do it right away is up to them. Obviously one of those options is a hell of a lot more ****ing lame than the other, why they went that way we'll never know.

I wish the second couple who clearly committed the single largest incidence of cheating in the entire contest right at the end had also been subjected to the same audit that we were, but I think they've set themselves up legally to be able to do basically whatever the hell they want. There's no obligation for them to audit everyone.

Page 198 of 229

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
defcon 1 , defcon 2 , fuck nissan , hack the gibson , nissan sucks traps , telos is a pussy , telos is spineless