so you liked Pat's video?

just about every warrior video made shows a warrior wtfpwning with his cooldowns. So you basically see a fight that takes place once every 30mins over a 1-4min period.

in conclusion, it's fine learn2play.

I got smoked by one of these http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51920 on my warlock. Warrior outright killed my pet through soul link with the mortal strike, and the followup sword-spec extra attack finished me off. Maybe it's just me, but when you've got over 5000 health and the kind of damage mitigation a demon spec warlock has (not the best, but respectable) you sure as hell don't expect to be effectively one-shotted. Caught me off guard that's for sure.

Mortal strike, IMO, is definitely overpowered. It's not just the straight damage it can do, but that it cuts healing in -half- for 10 seconds. Warriors just do an insane amount of DPS, while still being able to maintain more armor than anyone else.

Add to that the huge increases you get from an item like Ashkandi, Sulfuras, or any GM weapons and you've got yourself an overpowered class. Yes, most warriors won't get those weapons, or have access to them anytime soon.. but that doesn't mean a damn thing. It just means that a few will be overpowered and the rest will be wondering what the big deal is, since they can't do it themselves.

If casting classes got that kind of damage increase from a single item the melee would cry.

Sojourn said:
Mortal strike, IMO, is definitely overpowered. It's not just the straight damage it can do, but that it cuts healing in -half- for 10 seconds. Warriors just do an insane amount of DPS, while still being able to maintain more armor than anyone else.

Add to that the huge increases you get from an item like Ashkandi, Sulfuras, or any GM weapons and you've got yourself an overpowered class. Yes, most warriors won't get those weapons, or have access to them anytime soon.. but that doesn't mean a damn thing. It just means that a few will be overpowered and the rest will be wondering what the big deal is, since they can't do it themselves.

If casting classes got that kind of damage increase from a single item the melee would cry.
like this mage here?

http://www.styxelite.com/imagesz/pvp.WMV

Mages have the least damage mitigation and the least HP of all classes, so they're expected to do great damage (which endgame, they don't). That mage had to use 2, super rare trinkets from MC and ZG, plus arcane power. Warriors with weapons from MC/BWL are able to pump out more damage per swing then a mage can when he casts.

Doesn't make much sense :shrug:

r00fies said:
Mages have the least damage mitigation and the least HP of all classes, so they're expected to do great damage (which endgame, they don't). That mage had to use 2, super rare trinkets from MC and ZG, plus arcane power. Warriors with weapons from MC/BWL are able to pump out more damage per swing then a mage can when he casts.

Doesn't make much sense :shrug:

Yes it does, it's called itemization.

We all know it's fucked for casters.... just have to learn to deal.

:-\

I don't want to QQ here, but I don't PVP a ton.

Having respecced from shadow back to Disc/holy I sit at about 8100 mana with 3 talent points in Inner Fire bringing my armor total up to about 2200 buffed.

Having 6 pieces of Prophecy set, and improved PW:S I feel crippled.
Yes I know the Priest is primarily a healer class, but I get 2 shotted every single time one on one, and usually 60% of the time a fear is resisted, and I am bait for the kill.

As someone stated above. The Melee class has been given some over the top DPS weapons that unless you have some friends, your going down.

I used to be able to hold my own with a rogue decked out in his tier 1 set and hold my own shadow specced, it could go either way. Add some of the New DPS gear out now, I stand no chance at all.

I'd Kill to have a holy stun spell, or allow priests to freese a tad to get some distance. Either that or beef my PW:s up to about 1800 so I can avoid a crit off the bat, 927 isnt shit anymore, and priest holy/disc specced are having a hell of a time. If you can get in close and resist a fear, I might as well lay down.

I'll probably roll on Arthas once I get bored again. So far I have a 48 warrior on EldreThalas (Normal) a 48 rogue on Wildhammer (PvP) and a 28 rogue on Firetree (PvP).

WoWScrnShot.jpg

as a druid i have an obligation to root scary warriors

all cc classes should, warriors are crazy, and mages should also be handled with appropriate precaution, though there are a few too many terrible mages out there.

that said, it's just another point for alliance pvp; pallies and warriors make lethal combos. Purge can't help your warrior get back into the game.

Pagy said:
that said, it's just another point for alliance pvp; pallies and warriors make lethal combos. Purge can't help your warrior get back into the game.

but frost shock, earthbind, and earthshock can help keep alliance warriors out of the game.

Back