[TIER 2 PICS] Attn: Mages are fugly

My god the mage set is hideous, but I guess that isn't going to effect me since all the major horde guilds on my server have "too many" mages :/ So I'm stuck trying for PvP set and the AB exalted staff.

I decided to screw around with the colors and look of Neitherwind and came up with this. Perhaps it lacks that certain "Mock me" quality the devs were going for, but I think its a improvement.

Also blizz cm posted this
Players, we went to great lengths to get approval to show both the concept art and the 3d models for the tier 2 sets. You'll notice we very rarely show such art.

Truly, this is one of those things that may not get repeated if the feeling is that the community doesn't really care to preview them, or are outright upset by the previews.

So at least for my sake, I'd like to know the thoughts of posters who actually enjoyed the artwork!

Basically if you don't like it we don't want to hear about it.

32120084030.jpg

The concept art was amazing for the Dragonstalker. Then some jackass is like "PURPLEZ AND ORAGNE R GREAT COLROZ LOLOL"

and now it looks fuckign stupid.

Predators Rage said:
I decided to screw around with the colors and look of Neitherwind and came up with this. Perhaps it lacks that certain "Mock me" quality the devs were going for, but I think its a improvement.

Also blizz cm posted this

Basically if you don't like it we don't want to hear about it.

That looks much cleaner. You should show it to them.

I think the sets all look pretty good. They should rename the game world of whinecraft.

Mages constantly complain, making water, their sets look crap, not being top DPS, just fucking reroll already.

Sojourn said:
That looks much cleaner. You should show it to them.

Yeah, I posted my recolor in the thread on the official mage forums about the updated armor. People liked it along with various other recolors by other people, but the general consensus is blizzard 99% of the time won't rework already finalized art. I just get the vibe that blizzard doesn't give two shits about mages any more. Recently a CM posted on the official forums that the dev's don't feel 4 water a conjure is huge time sink and see's no reason to up the amount per conjure. Another CM also posted that the manual now being printed doesn't say only rogues can hope to mage the rare damage dealing which is the mage. It's obvious that blizzard put much more thought into melee mechanics and itemization then caster itemization. How else would you explain mage main stat is intel but it just up's mana which many mages consider a complete waste of time in PvP since you're better served by piling on the Stam and +damage gear.

And then you have those Arcane power mages with PoM, Pyroblast, Talsiman of Empherial Power and that ToEP type trinket out of ZG running around doing insane damage and giving the impression every single mage is just the height of DPS. Yes Sirry being a mage is one mixed bag, but at least I'm not a rogue heh.
/rant

Here's a link to that mage thread on this armor, so you can see other peoples idea's for color schemes.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-mage&T=524589&P=1

snow said:
I think the sets all look pretty good. They should rename the game world of whinecraft.

Mages constantly complain, making water, their sets look crap, not being top DPS, just fucking reroll already.

Oh yeah there's a good mind set to take, obviously if a huge majority of a class whine about issues that means they're all unfounded issues and they should abandon the class. It's just insane that they're going to reevaluate Shaman's WAY before mages. Everyone agrees shamans are pretty damn powerful and I really can't think of much that needs attention for them. :shrug:

So since you seem to have the solution to all mage whines, what class do you play may I ask?

I have a 60 rogue and 60 druid, 40 warrior and currently working on a warlock.

You say a huge majority of the class whine, take a look at the other forums for a change every class whines. Stop thinking you are so special.

Every class is getting reviewed, think about what hunters and locks were before the review, pretty weak and a joke to some classes, now they are stronger. So if I were getting reviewed I would rather get it done being compared to all the other reviewed classes than to all the non fixed classes wouldnt you?

You complain about PoM pyroblasts ZG/ToEP, but dont think its the same for other classes? Warriors spec 31/20 or fury get USF, or a MC/BWL 2 hander. Rogues generally spec combat for swords, 30/31 8 13/12 for daggers, then they go and get perditions, gutgore, or some dagger from BWL.

EVERY class specs a certain way and gears themselves up to maximise their damage, melee classes need weapons, mages need +damage and the trinkets. the only difference is melee go and get it, you just appear to complain.

We dont think we are special but the are some major flaws with our class, their are bugs that have been around since the game first came out that have not been fixed. Frost resists are bugged to hell. Melee characters have more ways than just a weapon to up their DPS, agility and str add to attack power. Casters in general have no stats that affect their spells, 100 intellect = 1 crit is bull. There is alot more I could post right now but I have to get to work

Predators Rage said:
Oh yeah there's a good mind set to take, obviously if a huge majority of a class whine about issues that means they're all unfounded issues and they should abandon the class. It's just insane that they're going to reevaluate Shaman's WAY before mages. Everyone agrees shamans are pretty damn powerful and I really can't think of much that needs attention for them. :shrug:

So since you seem to have the solution to all mage whines, what class do you play may I ask?
try a completely retarded talent tree setup

Bodom said:
try a completely retarded talent tree setup

Perhaps like a Elemental mage spec were you go fire/frost and no arcane? I think thats fairly gimp being that it lacks imp counter spell and evocation. I have a 60 rogue as well, and I thought mages were just complaining for the sake of complaining but having been a 60 mage in the end game there is just stuff you'd have to play the class to see. If anything it'd be nice if they fix blink to work better it sure is crappy to blink 2 feet and still be next to that two shotting warrior :lol:

Suegamer said:
I have a 57 pally and I really dont like the way that looks for a palidan :(
I want my palidan in pants not a dress looking thing.
Then you should've rolled a warrior rather than a healer. I rolled my priest as a female simply because I laughed at the thought of being a man in a dress.

It's not a dress, it's a bitchin' chainmail trenchcoat like Cervantes wore in Soul Calibur 2, and it is a crime against nature that something so badass is destined to be worn by a bunch of heal and buffbots.

From what I heard, the bloodfang is going to have some black smoke trails/aura.

same for those glowing effects, will leave trails or something.

Back