Warlock builds/information?

going up the affliction tree to dark pact while leveling is really nice

lifetap, dark pact & bandage = minimal downtime, its nice ;)

I'd recommend 32/8/11 (dark pact + maxxed CoX, improved imp + fel stam, shadowburn) build for levelling. It's balanced and you'll find you have little downtime.

Every tree is viable end game, so don't worry too much about it. As TseTse says, be prepared to respec a lot, you'll want to try everything and we normally do get "small" changes every patch which have huge impacts on the way we play.

I too am leveling up a warlock.

How important is curse of exhaustion? I know it will be good vs melee in PvP, however I tend to grind with my succubus and im horde so I dont have wotf to worry about. I would need imp drain life and imp life tap to make up the 30 points I think.

The improved range talents in both affliction and destruction. should I get both or just one or?....

Improved life tap. is this a good talent to have before 40 and I get darkpact?

Grinding pet, I have been using succubus to gring with as she appears to do more damage than the imp, should I switch back to imp for faster grinding? Also I get the felhunter in 3 levels is that a pet worth grinding with (never had one before).

Thanks guys :)

Curse of Exhaustion is meh in my opinion. Coupled with Amplify Curse it's ok but Warriors can Intercept + Hamstring, Rogues can Sprint + Crippling Poison, Druids can remove the curse, etc. so PvP-wise it's not terribly dependable. It may have some more use in PvE, especially with a drain tanking build.

Both Imp. Drain Life and Imp. Life Tap are good choices if you're going deep into Affliction. There's really no other talents at that level that's worth taking anyway (Imp. Curse of Weakness and Imp. Drain Soul are crap).

As for the increased range talents, they're both good in my opinion but Grim Reach may be more of a priority if you're the DoT/Drain Life type.

Grinding pet is competely up to you. Something to keep in mind is the Succubus can sustain DPS, even if she's out-of-mana, whereas the Imp blows its load and then sits there verbally abusing you. The Felhunter wouldn't be my choice for grinding because it doesn't do much damage and it certainly can't hold aggro (Paranoia spam, oh how I miss you).

Curse of Exhaustion is alright, nothing to spec into Affliction just for.

It's awesome if you WSG a lot like I do, I'll play HoF and no one will touch it unless they zerg it.

whatever you do.... i repeat... get dark pact at 40 and dont sweat the endless arguments about the "perfect" endgame build.

just go raw affliction to start, then figure it out later based on how you play & your endgame goals.

everybody and their grandmother will give you tips on endgame builds, but don't worry about that until you are like lvl 55+

I am still working on my warlock on one of the new PVP servers, and he is going stong and killing people pretty easily. however I am getting totally raped by hunters.

I have been trying to seduce him and fear the pet but they just run out of range and it takes my like 5-6 seconds to actually cast the fear by then i cant even take on the hunter myself. Can anyone offer any advice?

There is NOTHING you can do against hunters. The only strat you can have is hope you can fear their pet early and get in that can't melle/can't shoot range and cast then. Also if they are BM specced and they turn on God pet, you're fucked.

curse of weakness on the pet (this makes their hits do almost no damage). dot up the hunter, try to use searing pain instead of shadowbolt. wait out bestial wrath then death coil the hunter, fear the pet, and have at it. if you have a felhunter out it can eat the concussive shot (they'd have to get close to you to wingclip so you have a chance to re-dot/fear/etc). a succubus should work just fine, though.

*edit*
this is my strat as a soul link warlock, so my goal is always outlasting while doing damage. it should work okay with other builds.

TseTse said:
whatever you do.... i repeat... get dark pact at 40 and dont sweat the endless arguments about the "perfect" endgame build.

just go raw affliction to start, then figure it out later based on how you play & your endgame goals.

everybody and their grandmother will give you tips on endgame builds, but don't worry about that until you are like lvl 55+

this is probably the best advice you can get.

dark pact is the most flexible leveling tool you can get, and as you level you will develop a feel for your class and what aspects you would like to focus on. you can respec there once you know what you want to do.

Back