Firemaw can suck my gnomish Dick

Viracocha

Veteran XX
4 wipes last night all under 10%. Its a different thing everytime. First pulll at 10% curse of Doom lands after he clears his aggro and blammo be breaks loose and spoons raid. SO we res back up, no more Doom, 15% Main Tank gets Cleaved or mortal struck or whatever then shadow flamed (basically took 9 k dmg instantly and OT wasnt in LOS. 3rd Pull Main tank goes offline at 50% and aggor is all fucked up so we wipe. 4th pull more line of sight healing issues wipe isntantly.

Conclusion. WE suck

Seriously though, is there a writeup on this guy? I cant decide if we have bad luck or if the officers are calling the fight wrong.

Second pull he had all of us Warlocks go suicide at 40% so we wouldnt take aggro, and then the raid wipes at 3%- Im thinking we coulda laid off DPS until 10% and then went all out and burned his ass down...

4niKtor said:
4 wipes last night all under 10%. Its a different thing everytime. First pulll at 10% curse of Doom lands after he clears his aggro and blammo be breaks loose and spoons raid. SO we res back up, no more Doom, 15% Main Tank gets Cleaved or mortal struck or whatever then shadow flamed (basically took 9 k dmg instantly and OT wasnt in LOS. 3rd Pull Main tank goes offline at 50% and aggor is all fucked up so we wipe. 4th pull more line of sight healing issues wipe isntantly.

Conclusion. WE suck

Seriously though, is there a writeup on this guy? I cant decide if we have bad luck or if the officers are calling the fight wrong.

Second pull he had all of us Warlocks go suicide at 40% so we wouldnt take aggro, and then the raid wipes at 3%- Im thinking we coulda laid off DPS until 10% and then went all out and burned his ass down...

the whole key to the drakes is managing wing buffet, the de-taunt on the tank. its a cone-shaped AOE knockback that he casts roughly every 30 seconds.

if a DPS class feels they are bordering along pulling aggro, they can get themselves hit by the next buffet (it does zero damage) and get a huge aggro reduction. suiciding is stupid. either mitigate your damage or get buffeted.

barring a thrash (an instant triple attack) with a crushing or crit landing immediately after a shadowflame, your MT shouldn't die. a flask of the titans on the MT can help considerably during the learning stages of this fight, but from your wipe details, it sounds like you'll get this guy on your next night of raiding.

of course, that's assuming you get no more random fuckups :D stay away from writeups for BWL boss mobs, the rush you get of conquering something without walkthroughs is the true fun of raiding.

Wait so your raid leader said 'all you warlocks suicide at 40%' and you guys did it?

Your raid leader is a fucking idiot and you should be actively pursuing a guild not run by a retard.

PessimiStick said:
For the record, Buffet hits for about 450, not 0. =p

durf. my fault. i'm going to go out on a limb and assume the damage is only applied to the current target, because i've been buffeted hundreds of times and dont take damage unless i'm targetted or some dolt taunted during shadowflame :)

sekdar said:
durf. my fault. i'm going to go out on a limb and assume the damage is only applied to the current target, because i've been buffeted hundreds of times and dont take damage unless i'm targetted or some dolt taunted during shadowflame :)
Neg, it hits everyone that gets Knocked back for 300-450ish.

Firemaw IS a huge bitch. Even though the mechanics of the encounter arent much like Vael, it is similair in that even once you have a working start, one screw up can wipe you. It mostly comes down to the timing of your taunting warriors that absorb the buffets and your MT not lagging out/locking up (happens to us too).

Your mt might take a wing buffet or 2 if you get unlucky and your off tank has taunt resisted. DPS should take wing buffets periodically. Other than that, you're alliance if you're a gnome and therefore my bos gripe comes in at this point. ez mode. -_-

Back