[Rant] Worthless Players

Helado said:
There's only a handful of fights where you should be taking damage at all.
By "handful", I assume you mean "everything except Ebonroc".
Edit: Even in MC, the only mobs you can legitimately expect rogues to take no damage are Firelords (not spawns), Ancient Corehounds, Lucifron, and Geddon (unlikely, most people eat a tick or two of inferno). EVERY other mob either has an AE, or an RSTS attack that you can't control.

Last edited:
Nehi said:
right...when i do push and have pushed the envelope i can and have pulled aggro pretty damn easy, and the times i have been 1-shotted, no amount of reaction time will save you with a vanish, nor for particular fights would i enjoy wiping the raid either (fights like vael for example, i never did this but some of our other rogues have)

i know what the class is for, part of the reason i made it to begin with: stealth and damage (make things die fast) and the speed fights i always go all out as much as i feel i can without aggro pull.
You'll notice I specifically mentioned mobs that can't 1-shot me. The only mob that currently 1-shots me is Chromaggus. I've also vanished before the first attack went off after pulling aggro, so it *is* possible (though unlikely). It's also highly unlikely that you will kill anyone else, as the chance of Vael/Ony/etc. Cleaving or Breathing in the quarter second I have aggro is very small. That said, I still don't pull agg very often because of pre-emptive vanishing, but playing conservatively with the express purpose of not pulling aggro is still weaksauce to me.

sekdar said:
*snip*
don't sweat the 1% wipes. they're terrible and agonizing and all that bullshit, but there are PAGES AND PAGES of "what ifs" that could have prevented the wipe.
I'm a rogue though, so I only have the legitimate right to bitch at the Rogue "what ifs" =p

AlphaNeo said:
EXACTLY the same situation in our guild. We have this pathetic rogue who spouts nothing but garbage on vent, retarded jokes who only he laughs at and does pathetic DPS, its like having fucking 39 in the raid instead of 40 when he comes along. he's as pathetic as it gets, he has a retarded prep spec and does nothing but ruptures mobs, while the other rogues are dps'ing there brains out.
HAHAHAHAAHAHA

hahaahahahaa what the fuck

PessimiStick said:
As a rogue, conservative = lazy. We are there for ONE reason, and one reason alone. If you could do 2 more DPS, and aren't, you're slacking.

Zeph, my gear is completely min-maxed for damage. I only listed the epics for comparison sake, but everything I wear is for more damage (no HP enchants, STR on bracers, etc). My HP sucks complete ass (3303 unbuffed), but I have 25.5% crit and 930 AP unbuffed. There were 3 other rogues that were closeish to me in damage, so no one was slacking except the one my original rant is about. I'm just *that* hardcore. =p Hopefully I can get the rest of my gear soon (just waiting on Chrom sword, then I can blow tons of DKP on the rest I need that's all rotting atm), will put me around 27.3% crit, 950 AP, Chrom MH Brutality Offhand. =)

Lol you're crazy dude. But you're right in that ALOT of rogues get stam for no good reason (if they dont pvp). Those are my stats currently, ~27% crit, 953 atk pwr, 4103 HP, Chrom sword MH, Brutality OH(37% dodge, wtf dodge tank). Our last chromaggus was a good time, for me anyway. The time lapse resists was fucking up our tank rotations and near 9% or so he was running around killing ppl. Once my agro hit the list, i popped evasion and tanked him for a good ~10 secs :p Around 10 dodges,2 hits, and 5% later, im dead but we still had enough guys to finish him off. Then later that night i purposely pulled agro on Onyxia spun him onto the MT and evasion tanked once again! Dodge > Stam for PvE.

I do alot of pre emptive vanishes as well. I do like fucking 5 or something on Nef, long ass fight.Ebonroc and Flamegor are pretty easy to pull agro on, but I rarely feint or "go easy", vanish around ~80% or so, right after my burst of Adren rush, blade flurry, SnD (900 dps omgzz).

Yeah, im currently bithcing about my last 2 BF pieces that havent dropped (Shoulder + Chest), not sure if id get both first or not, but at least drop damnit!

My guild had a similar experience on Rag. We wipe on 1% and find out one of the better mages was making a point and had been wanding the whole fight. The kicker is he was still well above some of the other mages, all of which lived the entire time.

digitalgoat said:
you're a pve rogue...
wtf
my head hurts
RL friend refused to roll on a PvP server. In hindsight, having played both, it doesn't matter much either way. You can start PvP on a PvE server, you can play BGs on both, you just don't have to deal with the griefing fucktards that do nothing but corpse camp you while you're trying to get something done.

Zephir said:
BG's are a pile of shit anyway...
I enjoy AB moreso than WSG, and AV can be fun on my wife's Hunter. The only problem I have with BGs is that a lot of them can be easily exploited/gayified. See: 10 Man Defense with 8 people in Plate in WSG, Shadowmeld exploit capping in AB, Hand of Edward the Odd capping in AV, etc. A straight team-deathmatch BG would probably be pretty entertaining, something like T1 Arena maybe.

Kinda reminds me of my old guild... at the end of a molten core (we still couldnt do rag because of dps) and I would be at the top of the DPS chart with a mage, and the guy in third place would be 200k points behind us.

PessimiStick said:
RL friend refused to roll on a PvP server. In hindsight, having played both, it doesn't matter much either way. You can start PvP on a PvE server, you can play BGs on both, you just don't have to deal with the griefing fucktards that do nothing but corpse camp you while you're trying to get something done.

He is right, and if you want that whole gank-any-time feeling like you get on PvP you can always flag for PvP and leave it on. One of the patches fixed that.

/pvp = Flagged for PvP until you /pvp again and then wait 5 minutes to get out of PvP.

PessimiStick said:
I enjoy AB moreso than WSG, and AV can be fun on my wife's Hunter. The only problem I have with BGs is that a lot of them can be easily exploited/gayified. See: 10 Man Defense with 8 people in Plate in WSG, Shadowmeld exploit capping in AB, Hand of Edward the Odd capping in AV, etc. A straight team-deathmatch BG would probably be pretty entertaining, something like T1 Arena maybe.

For me its the queue times and the fact that I dont want any of the "rewards" other than GM ones, and even those are just slightly better than what I have. When you and 14 other guys sit in AB queue for 30-45 mins and horde just AFK out when you finally get in, then you get to wait in queue for another 30-45 mins, its lame. Not to mention the rare times I PvP its with a majority of a guild group but with some no-names and we always get put up against the most active/geared out horde full guild group. Then ppl cry cause they are little babies and cant adjust their playstyle and just whine. I really cant stand it.

If I ever continue to level up my hunter alt, ill probably do alot of BG's to get him gear.

I guess similar to your story but more related to me (I'm a priest) is wanting to stab the people who 30 seconds into a fight still have full mana bars while the rest of us have to overheal and blow through mana to pick up their slack. There is nothing worse than going afk during a boss fight, especially if you're a healer.

before i switched to a more tanking build i would constantly out damage MC geared rogues in my current guild, with valor, halberd of smiting and an MS/Fury build

Zephir said:
For me its the queue times and the fact that I dont want any of the "rewards" other than GM ones, and even those are just slightly better than what I have. When you and 14 other guys sit in AB queue for 30-45 mins and horde just AFK out when you finally get in, then you get to wait in queue for another 30-45 mins, its lame. Not to mention the rare times I PvP its with a majority of a guild group but with some no-names and we always get put up against the most active/geared out horde full guild group. Then ppl cry cause they are little babies and cant adjust their playstyle and just whine. I really cant stand it.

If I ever continue to level up my hunter alt, ill probably do alot of BG's to get him gear.
I'm horde. ;)

I haven't waited more than 10 seconds in the queue in at least 2 months.

We made a 15 player raid into 40 - 49 AB and it sucked once again. I think I won AB 1 time as alliance and a GAJILLION times I lost. What I think is this.

1. The Blacksmith is actually more strategic than it looks, expecially 40+. Spawning there = overall shortest distance to any other node. This lets you almost instantly reinforce any node from the BS with less time.

2. Horde STICKS TOGETHER. Fights are always 5 on 2 or 8 on 3 or some other silly number like that. Alliance are noobs that just scatter and do their own thing.

3. Alliance priests never heal. Every single time I almsot have a Horde he gets healed, and then I lose.

And this is 40 - 49, and I'm not have high hopes 50 - 59 and 60 will be any better.

Stupid players suck, it costs me three times as long to get major honor in AB collecting tokens.

Back