[Rant] Worthless Players

PessimiStick

Contributor
Veteran XX
Background: I am in a Horde guild currently on Nefarian. We have killed Chromaggus the last 3 weeks, most without issue (I think 4 or 5 attempts until we got him the 1st time, then 1 or 2 shotting him the other 2 weeks). This week is our first Time Lapse. We attempted him twice(?) Monday night and got him to a whopping 95% or so. Re-evaluated what we were trying, adjusted, moved locations, and had several < 10% wipes last night (Tuesday).

Our last wipe was at 1%, probably around 20-30k HP left (he had been 1% for quite some time). All the tanks were dead, everyone was scrambling to drop all the damage they could on him and get the kill. We fail. Now, while this is frustrating, it doesn't actually make me angry. Shit happens, sometimes you wipe. What *does* make me angry, and in this case, downright fucking IRATE, is when people cost you a kill and a wipe because they are either slacking, or they just flat out fucking suck. We are talking in /p after the wipe, and someone notices damagemeters. Now, I always watch other rogues with CT_RA when I play, because I like to know when people die, so I can tell other people to ramp up damage, or tell them to Vanish when people start getting direct aggro flashes, etc. Because of this, I know that only one rogue was dead before the wipe was imminent (2% or so). We notice that the rogue in DEAD LAST (of rogues only, and not counting the one that died) basically cost us the kill.

For comparison sake, I have 7 Epic items that I wear for non-FR encounters. Bloodfang Hat, Pants, and Belt, Nightslayer Gloves, Quickstrike Ring, Drake Fang Talisman, and Vis'kag the Bloodletter. I dealt 182,500 damage to Chromaggus. The rogue in question (who will be.... spoken.... to today) has NS Chest, Shoulders, Belt, Hat, Pants, Onyxia Tooth Pendant, Corehound Tooth, and Perdition's Blade. 1 more epic than myself, possibly the best dagger combo in-game, and at least 110 energy (which can actually make a difference on an in-and-out fight like Chrom). Total damage dealt: 111k. Now, I am *always* first on every fight except Vael (damn you backstab), and occasionally Firemaw if I get screwed with non-resists, but even with that taken into account, there's NO WAY IN HELL I should deal 64% more damage than someone with equal/better gear to myself. That just doesn't happen, unless they aren't even trying.

At this point, I really want him /gkicked, because he's just a waste of gear that could be going to people that give a fuck and don't suck.

Cliffs: 1% wipe on Chrom, slacker rogue could have won the fight by not sucking, but didn't. Ban slackers.

EXACTLY the same situation in our guild. We have this pathetic rogue who spouts nothing but garbage on vent, retarded jokes who only he laughs at and does pathetic DPS, its like having fucking 39 in the raid instead of 40 when he comes along. he's as pathetic as it gets, he has a retarded prep spec and does nothing but ruptures mobs, while the other rogues are dps'ing there brains out. he has great gear, 3-4 bloodfang rest nightslayer, vael dagger and corehound off. We currently have many rogue recruits that do twice his dps in every fight, if it were up to me we'd drop this sack of shit and pick up anyone of our current recruits to replace this tard. I'm at a loss of words on why this tool is still in our guild, tbh. I hope you guys fix your problem, because its apparent from the information you provided, if any other rogue was there you would of killed chrom.

Arclight said:
Does he slack off every raid or is this the first time?
He's generally regarded as being shitty. I've honestly not focused on it before because it was never a *big* problem. If it takes 30 seconds longer to kill a boss, no one notices. When you wipe at 1% on a 20 minute fight, it starts to jump out at you. I'm certainly going to be keeping an eye on it, and I intend to confront him about it tonight before we attempt chrom again. In any case, we have about 10 active rogues, and I personally wouldn't bat an eye if we dropped him and replaced him with someone that works their ass off. (Our newest rogue recruit has only 3 epics, MHing a Brutality Blade, and did 132k damage in the fight in question, for example).

this is one reason why i LOVE damage meter. for dps it's a crystal clear indication of your performance. for every boss in mc/bwl we run a damage meter (even for the clears actually) and it's always a race for 1st place. we make a game out of it for epeen status, and it makes mc not suck as much. when ppl slack they stick out like a sore thumb and get called out right when the dmg done list is posted.

if it makes you feel any better, nef is an easier fight than chromaggus.

182k for chromaggus is somewhat high for your gear. This shows me that the rest of your guild/rogues arent pulling their weight. Me and another rogue in my guild trade off top dmg in about every fight, its so random who is on top we usually make a joke of it. The next closest is always a decked out dagger rogue, not far behind. Then way way behind are the rest (excluding some of our recent returning rogues). The shitty rogue AN mentioned and the recruits (tho recruits cant help it much, its a gear thing).

When you get a close kill or near kill like that and the dmg is lopsided you can tell a few things. If 1 or 2 ppl have really high dmg and the rest low, either alot of DPS died, or they were slacking ass (or just suck). I realized this on our last super-sloppy nef kill. It was a long ass fight and I ended with something like 343K dmg (~225k is usual for me), but that was due to the suckie kill and many deaths, not our rogues sucking at dmg.

Also in general, for end game DMG, swords > daggers. Proven many times by a GM rogue in our guild that went daggers, then swords, then daggers, then swords again. Each time he went to daggers, he was much lower in dmg in comparasion to when he had swords.

kyuss said:
this is one reason why i LOVE damage meter. for dps it's a crystal clear indication of your performance. for every boss in mc/bwl we run a damage meter (even for the clears actually) and it's always a race for 1st place. we make a game out of it for epeen status, and it makes mc not suck as much. when ppl slack they stick out like a sore thumb and get called out right when the dmg done list is posted.

if it makes you feel any better, nef is an easier fight than chromaggus.
We do the same thing for MC, it keeps things interesting and keeps people awake.
We had a hunter with 30something to crit...sick gear, get beat by a def spec warrior on a full MC clear...he caught shit for a week straight and came in top5 the next week.

theres actually 1 thing i hate dmg meter for.

i know how to play my class, but i always play conserative, because certain rogues were more "favored" in our raids (inner circle cliches), always getting much better heals, shields, even buffs, i always ended up where i should be, in the middle up at the top with all the other rogues but ppl actually would question it.

Nehi said:
theres actually 1 thing i hate dmg meter for.

i know how to play my class, but i always play conserative, because certain rogues were more "favored" in our raids (inner circle cliches), always getting much better heals, shields, even buffs, i always ended up where i should be, in the middle up at the top with all the other rogues but ppl actually would question it.
As a rogue, conservative = lazy. We are there for ONE reason, and one reason alone. If you could do 2 more DPS, and aren't, you're slacking.

Zeph, my gear is completely min-maxed for damage. I only listed the epics for comparison sake, but everything I wear is for more damage (no HP enchants, STR on bracers, etc). My HP sucks complete ass (3303 unbuffed), but I have 25.5% crit and 930 AP unbuffed. There were 3 other rogues that were closeish to me in damage, so no one was slacking except the one my original rant is about. I'm just *that* hardcore. =p Hopefully I can get the rest of my gear soon (just waiting on Chrom sword, then I can blow tons of DKP on the rest I need that's all rotting atm), will put me around 27.3% crit, 950 AP, Chrom MH Brutality Offhand. =)

Nehi said:
a dead rogue does no dps, nor did i try to be a mana sponge either, and i was never lazy.

As a healer, for the most part, rogues come last on my priority list of who to heal. If you're taking damage you're not supposed to be taking, you better bring pots because it takes a while to scroll through 35 other people whom I could think of healing first.

Nehi said:
a dead rogue does no dps, nor did i try to be a mana sponge either, and i was never lazy.
Conservative (n): Moderate; cautious;

To me, that's the opposite of what a rogue should be. We have excellent tools to push the envelope (not as good as a hunter, but close!), and choosing not to do so is weak, IMO. Chromaggus is honestly the only mob in the game that can consistently 1-shot me, and I have never pulled agg on Chrom due to the constant backing out. I might try a run on him completely without feint and see what happens. Any other mob in the game, you can push as hard as you want and live regardless. As long as a mob can't 1-shot me, it can't kill me. Vanish > Over-aggro. On bosses (other than Rag) I usually pre-emptive vanish so that I can go 100% no-feint, but even if I over-aggro before my Vanish, I can pop it on the spot and then go 100% after.

There's a rogue on the WoW rogue forum that always preaches the "a dead rogue does 0 DPS" mantra. The only answer I have for that is "a dead rogue is bad at video games." Vanish is an instant cast, un-resistable, complete aggro dump. That's all you need.

Helado said:
As a healer, for the most part, rogues come last on my priority list of who to heal. If you're taking damage you're not supposed to be taking, you better bring pots because it takes a while to scroll through 35 other people whom I could think of healing first.
Right, because there's so many people taking damage besides rogues and the MT/OT...

PessimiStick said:
Right, because there's so many people taking damage besides rogues and the MT/OT...

There's only a handful of fights where you should be taking damage at all.

right...when i do push and have pushed the envelope i can and have pulled aggro pretty damn easy, and the times i have been 1-shotted, no amount of reaction time will save you with a vanish, nor for particular fights would i enjoy wiping the raid either (fights like vael for example, i never did this but some of our other rogues have)

i know what the class is for, part of the reason i made it to begin with: stealth and damage (make things die fast) and the speed fights i always go all out as much as i feel i can without aggro pull.

Last edited:
damagemeters is a glorified way of telling who's AFK :D

that, and for measuring e-peens (no, i actually do like DM).

what you really need to worry about is healers who don't heal, since there is no accurate way to track that without all the tanks running Healtracker. with DM you can just stop inviting the lazy rogue to raids, but singling out a bad healer is harder.

my guild has a shit ton of lazy healers because we have one god-healer. this guy is simply the most amazing healer i've EVER played with, and people take advantage of it by slacking off when he's on the job.

the greatest thing in the world is wiping *TWICE* to chromaggus at 99.9% because only one person was healing the main tank as the fight began. the raid leader yells at the healers, and then we wiped again for the exact same reason. regression is always fun :)

don't sweat the 1% wipes. they're terrible and agonizing and all that bullshit, but there are PAGES AND PAGES of "what ifs" that could have prevented the wipe.

Back