[OFN][Breaking] New Alliance race Discovered?

GeneralHell said:
^^^ What he said.

Again, the new Alliance race will have to be a currently known race. Draeni would make sence as an answer to the Blood Elves but Naga would certainly be a surprise. And Blizzard did promise a surprise. Everything else is just rumors but trust me, the new race will likely be one we've all played before.

Yeah, it'll be a race that's currently in the game.

Either, Draeni, Worgen, or Naga.

Large rumours are floating around about some tiger type race. A couple screen shots were posted on the general forums yesterday.

I won't be the Naga, they are too evil for that. I would think Worgen are more viable than Draeni but at were-tiger type? They can't just make a whole new entry into the lore at the present time and say "It's all good".

Feannag said:
I won't be the Naga, they are too evil for that. I would think Worgen are more viable than Draeni but at were-tiger type? They can't just make a whole new entry into the lore at the present time and say "It's all good".

its BLIZZARD

Ben Reed said:
I agree with you, all these Horde people complaining about lack of quest/bad travel arrangements seem to have never played an Alliance toon past lvl 15.

I was so fucking loaded on quests on my UD Warlock back on Mal'Ganis in Ashenvale that I had to constantly throw stuff out, even stuff that was still yellow. On the other hand, when I got to around lvl 18 on my Alliance toon I had to constantly make epic journeys across the whole fucking continent between Redridge/Loch Modan/Wetlands because quests dried up so freakin' fast (except for the obnoxious ones in Redridge which I had to get run through).

A-fucking-men.

Zeps from Orgrimmar <-> Undercity and Org <-> Grom'Gol are way better than IF -> SW tram (you have to run so fucking deep into both cities to get to the tram that nobody over the level of 20 uses it) and EXPONENTIALLY better than Menethil <-> Theramore and Menethil <-> Auberdine boats.

Those fucking docks are miles long even with a mount, so fucking obnoxious to miss the boat, and unlike the zepps they're easily infiltrated by Horde griefers, and you still have an obnoxious 5-minute flight from Auberdine -> Darnassus or Menethil -> Ironforge after your boat ride completes. Whereas with the Horde zeps, once you hit the Org zepp tower, you're a whopping 1-minute run from the AH, even on a puny little level 6 UD toon running to Org to sell his first 20-stack of Linen Cloth (aw, I looked so cute back then...).

And don't EVEN get me started on taking the hellish Theramore -> Auberdine flight versus taking the boat back to Menethil and then taking the boat to Auberdine just so that I can go to fucking Azshara or Desolace. Both are equally obnoxious in my sight, although to tell you the truth, I'd rather take the ten-minute gryphon ride, because at least then I could go AFK and take a leisurely shit, make a sandwich, play a few rounds of Street Fighter, watch some TV, whatever. If I take the boats, I might save, oh, about three minutes, but I'd much rather be completely free to go AFK as I please while I cross the entire fucking length of Kalimdor rather than be bored to shit waiting for the boats with nothing to do but /inspect everyone next to me to see what kinds of epics people are sporting.

i do not disagree with your general points about traveling, but imo... it's silly not to realize how alliance IS truly fuckin easy mode from 1-30.

im not saying horde is hard. it's all fuckin n00b friendly, but alliance is so much more n00b friendly (and rightfully so given the numbers of folks who go alliance and how most chicks would never role horde).

at 30+, i think alliance sorta gets screwed on traveling in some ways but it overall evens out on most matters.

Zombie said:
Yeah, it'll be a race that's currently in the game.

Either, Draeni, Worgen, or Naga.

im very skeptical about worgen and draeni, artistically.

id sooner expect an ogre race than draenei.

naga... maybe.

however, i think naga, centaurs, etc... wont be viable in terms of their basic animations/modeling dimensions.

i think folks are assuming a literal race from the game, instead of a twist on something related to the background story.

i can imagine some form of dragonkin, naga or elementals... and not something that's already LITERALLY in the game but some related race that fits into the existnig universe.

TseTse said:
i do not disagree with your general points about traveling, but imo... it's silly not to realize how alliance IS truly fuckin easy mode from 1-30.

im not saying horde is hard. it's all fuckin n00b friendly, but alliance is so much more n00b friendly (and rightfully so given the numbers of folks who go alliance and how most chicks would never role horde).

at 30+, i think alliance sorta gets screwed on traveling in some ways but it overall evens out on most matters.

Try talking to Fi., I can't get her to roll Alliance to save myself. Think she plays over on Deathwing somewheres.

TseTse said:
im very skeptical about worgen and draeni, artistically.

id sooner expect an ogre race than draenei.

naga... maybe.

however, i think naga, centaurs, etc... wont be viable in terms of their basic animations/modeling dimensions.

i think folks are assuming a literal race from the game, instead of a twist on something related to the background story.

i can imagine some form of dragonkin, naga or elementals... and not something that's already LITERALLY in the game but some related race that fits into the existnig universe.

I don't think it will be Draenei either.

There's no zone for them to level up, other than outland.
Which means that they would have to go thru the dark portal to get to Azeroth.
That means going thru the blasted lands, sawmp of sorrows, the pass, duskwood, then finally making it to elywnn forest.

Found something interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerubian#Nerubian

Nerubians.

Nerubians are a race of sentient spider-like people that inhabit the continent of Northrend. They once had a great underground empire, Azjol-Nerub, that occupied most of the continent and perhaps even above. However, with the coming of the Lich King it was only a matter of time before they were destroyed. The majority of Nerubians were wiped out and resurrected by the Lich King with only a few pockets of resistance remaining. Although he almost annihilated the entire race, the Lich King was impressed by their bravery and battle prowess and, to honor them, adopted their distinctive architectural style as the basis for his future army, the Scourge. He also resurrected most of the Nerubians he had killed, turning them into Crypt Fiends and Crypt Lords. They were once the same race as the Silithid but their kingdom divided thousands of years ago to become Azjol-Nerub in the northeast, home of the Nerubians, and Silithus in the southwest, home of the Silithid. Anub'Arak was their traitor king, who willfully allied with the Lich King. Some Nerubians are rumored to still live in Northrend, with the hopes of one day rebuilding their ancient kingdom.

It would tie in with the Silithus stuff coming out now nicely.

another grasp at straws.

The Earthen.
With all the activities of the Dwarves doing archeology, they might uncover some hidden pocket of earthen still underground.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Earthen

*edit* just went to the worldofwarcraft site.
Now they are advertising the War of the ancients trilogy books.
the wowwiki mentions that in the war of the ancients timeline, the Earthen did join the battle agianst the burning legion.

Last edited:
the dwarves ARE the earthen

didnt you do uldaman

edit: also the nerubians are just like giant beetles and shit, who lack the gift of the opposable thumb with which to wield weapons

and im pretty sure they're all still under the control of arthas

Fartypants said:
the dwarves ARE the earthen

didnt you do uldaman

edit: also the nerubians are just like giant beetles and shit, who lack the gift of the opposable thumb with which to wield weapons

and im pretty sure they're all still under the control of arthas

Yes I know that.

Just like the blood elves are the night elves, just addicted to magic.

Pic of a nerubian.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Image:Nerubian.jpg

well as far as the earthen go (taken from wowwiki)
Calling themselves dwarves, the last of the earthen left the halls of Uldaman and ventured out into the waking world.

and it seems ill be forced to retract my opposable thumb statement, but im still pretty sure all the nerubians are under arthas's control

that being said they are cool as fuck and i would like to play one

Yeah Nerubians wouldn't be it. Back when Ner'Zhul was the Lich King he ends up defeated and subjugating them by course of course slaughtering all of them and bringing them into the Scourge.

If there were any left alive they are probably in the same boat as the High Elves, simply not enough to repopulate.

Feannag said:
Yeah Nerubians wouldn't be it. Back when Ner'Zhul was the Lich King he ends up defeated and subjugating them by course of course slaughtering all of them and bringing them into the Scourge.

If there were any left alive they are probably in the same boat as the High Elves, simply not enough to repopulate.

But the blood elves were high elves that survived and became addicted to arcane/demonic magic.

Zombie said:
But the blood elves were high elves that survived and became addicted to arcane/demonic magic.

Yes but they were the survivors or the sacking of Quel'thalas. A very scant number of High Elves were elswhere in the world as this happened, and somehow they didn't fall into that magical addiction. I'm sure it was the whole "not seeing your home get decimated" thing but again if you look on Alliance there is probably less than 4 High Elves in the world. I can only think or 1 or 2 off the top of my head.

My guess is that it was going to be draenei and then they saw the horrendous feedback about that possibility and are still trying to figure out what the hell to do for the race.

Worgen is probably the best chance at this point. Pandaren would blow the race-balance out of the water, Naga don't have legs/feet which would cause equipment issues (unless they cheesed it, but I doubt they would), and Draeni like I said above.

Either that or something entirely new.

The tiger pictures I believe were just of mobs from ZG.

Vampire said:
My guess is that it was going to be draenei and then they saw the horrendous feedback about that possibility and are still trying to figure out what the hell to do for the race.

Worgen is probably the best chance at this point. Pandaren would blow the race-balance out of the water, Naga don't have legs/feet which would cause equipment issues (unless they cheesed it, but I doubt they would), and Draeni like I said above.

Either that or something entirely new.

The tiger pictures I believe were just of mobs from ZG.

I'm sticking with Worgen, or the Nerubians

Back