[OFN][Breaking] New Alliance race Discovered?

Surge said:
more alliance than horde

BoS

80% of the servers, alliance rolls horde in every BG pug (AV anyone? gfg most people can get HIGH RANKS OFF FUCKING AV. WHAT THE FUCK.)

this isnt what i was referring to. for the longest time i heard/read people who complained how easy questing and getting exp was for alliance, but now trying a horde char it doesnt fit the bill at all (to me)

BoS is just a stupid crutch for too many newbs and ill admit it, 99% of the time i dont even get salv, ill be given might or kings on my rogue, and i have a lvl 60 alt warrior that i also do instances with and i can hold my aggro just fine without a paladin there doing salvation on the dps classes, actually 99% of our pallies dont know wth a mana bar is and what it should be used for.

as for the alliance vs horde BGs, on tichondrious, horde pugs own alliance pugs hands down, only if its a guild group do the alliance win and even then, they still lose at times. imagine how much i hate trying to get rep on my warrior alt in AV when we lose and lose and lose, even with healers in my fucking group i get no healing at all, yet when i watch tich horde, they heal each other and fuction as a nice teamworking group.

Zombie said:
Like I said, it was just my theory about the Taurens.

I don't know any of the lore behind them.

did anyone else hear the rumor of the Naga?

Naga would definately qualify as a "WTF" kind of thing, as they are allied with Illidan and the Blood Elves. Blizzard is going to drop some sort of bomb on the backstory though, so I could see it happening.

Calamari said:
Naga would definately qualify as a "WTF" kind of thing, as they are allied with Illidan and the Blood Elves. Blizzard is going to drop some sort of bomb on the backstory though, so I could see it happening.

the WTF part was why I was thinking Tauren.

but it would create too much drama with people who play horde.

Nehi said:
i want to contest this perspective, ive been playing alliance for 1 yr now, and with a ton of alts, recently with some friends i made horde on dunemaul for the hell of it.

im finding the horde side to be so frickin easy if not easier to quest, one of my friends from tich, even comments how much easier it is, so really where does this alliance is so easy crap come from?

my quest log is always full, i can solo everything so far, and the flight paths + zep are a lot nicer too.....

ummm.... now go back and make a new alliance toon.

hands down, objectively speaking... alliance is fuckin easy mode lvl 1-30 imo.

if you think it's noteworthy that you can "solo" all the quests, it just indicates you havent made a char lately... cuz that's the case for both sides.

you are just prolly smarter and better than you were when you last made ally chars.

What about the Centaur or Dryad?

They were created by Cenarius (night elf god)
The centaurs already dislike the Orc, Troll, and Tauren.

Zombie said:
What about the Centaur or Dryad?

They were created by Cenarius (night elf god)
The centaurs already dislike the Orc, Troll, and Tauren.

Dryad? Maybe...but the NEs themselves already kinda fill the "filthy nature-loving hippie race" slot on Alliance.

Centaurs? Not very likely. The Centaurs don't just hate orcs/trolls/Tauren, they hate EVERYBODY. This is an established mythological convention (in Greek mythology the centaurs were by and large a bunch of violent assholes), and given the similar history of the WoW centaur (after whatshisname breeds with Princess from Mara, his offspring immediately rise up and KILL him), somehow I doubt Blizzard's gonna tap them for the new Alliance race.

Besides, the Naga have a much richer history in that respect if they plan to add a token "assholes who ally with the faction out of convenience" race to Alliance.

Zombie said:
the WTF part was why I was thinking Tauren.

but it would create too much drama with people who play horde.

Yeah, but there's creating drama, and then there's ripping an entire race from their guilds/Horde buddies and slapping them on Alliance, along with sundering the entire Druid class from the Horde side. That's MUCH more than "creating drama".

TseTse said:
ummm.... now go back and make a new alliance toon.

hands down, objectively speaking... alliance is fuckin easy mode lvl 1-30 imo.

if you think it's noteworthy that you can "solo" all the quests, it just indicates you havent made a char lately... cuz that's the case for both sides.

you are just prolly smarter and better than you were when you last made ally chars.

ive made 8 alliance alts to my 1 main, how many more do i need to make? and yes i even have a fairly recent mage that i made that i stopped playing at lvl 26.

UD war is now 24.

and i think youre still not seeing my point, i commented mainly on how i used to hear horde players complain bout lack of quests, etc. so far i constantly have to throw stuff out of my log to pickup ones i come across, then go back to do the ones i threw out.
hell im prolly gonna go back to silverpine and do the 19+ stuff before have yet to set foot in ashenvale or do some real questing in stonetalon.

also so far i think the flight paths that i use are much nicer and the zeps easily connect you to the major faction areas.

Last edited:
Ben Reed said:
Dryad? Maybe...but the NEs themselves already kinda fill the "filthy nature-loving hippie race" slot on Alliance.

Centaurs? Not very likely. The Centaurs don't just hate orcs/trolls/Tauren, they hate EVERYBODY. This is an established mythological convention (in Greek mythology the centaurs were by and large a bunch of violent assholes), and given the similar history of the WoW centaur (after whatshisname breeds with Princess from Mara, his offspring immediately rise up and KILL him), somehow I doubt Blizzard's gonna tap them for the new Alliance race.

Besides, the Naga have a much richer history in that respect if they plan to add a token "assholes who ally with the faction out of convenience" race to Alliance.

There's one catch to the dryads.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Races_in_the_Warcraft_universe#Dryads

They are immune to magic.

I doubt that the High elves will be the new race, since there's arleady the night elves.

one thing that puzzles me is that the blood elves fought agianst the undead.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_elf

Last edited:
Nehi said:
ive made 8 alliance alts to my 1 main, how many more do i need to make? and yes i even have a fairly recent mage that i made that i stopped playing at lvl 26.

UD war is now 24.

and i think youre still not seeing my point, i commented mainly on how i used to hear horde players complain bout lack of quests, etc. so far i constantly have to throw stuff out of my log to pickup ones i come across, then go back to do the ones i threw out.
hell im prolly gonna go back to silverpine and do the 19+ stuff before have yet to set foot in ashenvale or do some real questing in stonetalon.

also so far i think the flight paths that i use are much nicer and the zeps easily connect you to the major faction areas.
Horde quests don't "fall apart" until 40ish. Some of our flightpaths are nice, but a lot of the handy ones didn't exist until a few patches ago. (See: Camp T, Org --> WS) Plus, BRM is 5 seconds from Ironforge, and it's the farthest zone in the game from Orgrimmar....

Ben Reed said:
Yeah, but there's creating drama, and then there's ripping an entire race from their guilds/Horde buddies and slapping them on Alliance, along with sundering the entire Druid class from the Horde side. That's MUCH more than "creating drama".

I'm still mesmerized by the fact Zombie thought Tauren to Alliance was plausible.

Nehi said:

I agree with you, all these Horde people complaining about lack of quest/bad travel arrangements seem to have never played an Alliance toon past lvl 15.

I was so fucking loaded on quests on my UD Warlock back on Mal'Ganis in Ashenvale that I had to constantly throw stuff out, even stuff that was still yellow. On the other hand, when I got to around lvl 18 on my Alliance toon I had to constantly make epic journeys across the whole fucking continent between Redridge/Loch Modan/Wetlands because quests dried up so freakin' fast (except for the obnoxious ones in Redridge which I had to get run through).

A-fucking-men.

Zeps from Orgrimmar <-> Undercity and Org <-> Grom'Gol are way better than IF -> SW tram (you have to run so fucking deep into both cities to get to the tram that nobody over the level of 20 uses it) and EXPONENTIALLY better than Menethil <-> Theramore and Menethil <-> Auberdine boats.

Those fucking docks are miles long even with a mount, so fucking obnoxious to miss the boat, and unlike the zepps they're easily infiltrated by Horde griefers, and you still have an obnoxious 5-minute flight from Auberdine -> Darnassus or Menethil -> Ironforge after your boat ride completes. Whereas with the Horde zeps, once you hit the Org zepp tower, you're a whopping 1-minute run from the AH, even on a puny little level 6 UD toon running to Org to sell his first 20-stack of Linen Cloth (aw, I looked so cute back then...).

And don't EVEN get me started on taking the hellish Theramore -> Auberdine flight versus taking the boat back to Menethil and then taking the boat to Auberdine just so that I can go to fucking Azshara or Desolace. Both are equally obnoxious in my sight, although to tell you the truth, I'd rather take the ten-minute gryphon ride, because at least then I could go AFK and take a leisurely shit, make a sandwich, play a few rounds of Street Fighter, watch some TV, whatever. If I take the boats, I might save, oh, about three minutes, but I'd much rather be completely free to go AFK as I please while I cross the entire fucking length of Kalimdor rather than be bored to shit waiting for the boats with nothing to do but /inspect everyone next to me to see what kinds of epics people are sporting.

Ciceron said:
They fought the Scourge (they were the ones that destroyed Quel'Thalas I believe), not the current Undead race (Forsaken).

Ahh, still reading the lore on wikipedia. (there's alot)

Ordos said:
I'm still mesmerized by the fact Zombie thought Tauren to Alliance was plausible.

There's a quest giver in Silithus that is Tauren.
When you get a quest from her as alliance, she says something along the lines of "not all the tauren hate the alliance."

so that was how I came to that theory.

Zombie said:
When you get a quest from her as alliance, she says something along the lines of "not all the tauren hate the alliance."

Its still easily the most ignorant theory I think I've read by all the rumor starts, that and the "whos going to buy world of warcraf 2" i've read on some forums, where people think there is a sequel coming out.

Zombie said:
There's one catch to the dryads.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Races_in_the_Warcraft_universe#Dryads

They are immune to magic.

I doubt that the High elves will be the new race, since there's arleady the night elves.

one thing that puzzles me is that the blood elves fought agianst the undead.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_elf

There aren't enough high elves left to repopulate the face as any fighting faction. The Blood Elves are High Elves that are addicted to magic, they didn't take the Sunwell being tainted after their homeland was laid to waste. They Magical Heroine Addicts, seeking to get their magical fix any way they can.

Zombie said:

That's not really a significant indicator of anything.

Lots of major people on both factions are kind of mildly irritated at worst by their factional enemies (hence why, for example, Thrall tells you to be nice to Bronzebeard's daughter and not kill her in the BRD Emperor quest rather than saying "Hell, they're both filthy dwarves, just kill them both and be done with it").

Hell, Thrall and Jaina are pretty buddy-buddy from their team-up at Hyjal and their team-up again against Jaina's dad, but you don't see them bellying up to the negotiations table to call off the war (due largely to the fact that Jaina's not REALLY the undisputed head of the Alliance per se, and therefore can't drag all the other Alliance leaders of note up to any treaty-signings en masse).

Alright you bitches, how many times do I gotta say this? This goddamn game is like a Fantasy Cold War. There is no official war between the Horde and the Alliance, and all fighting is unsanctioned by either Stormwind, IronForge, Darnassus, or Orgrimmar. Let's go over a few points shall we?

Kalimdor

Jaine Proudmoore, heir to the Kul Tiras naval forcesse, is forced to choose. The orcs are setting up a home in Durotar and her father, being a staunch opposer to the Horde, attempts a military action to keep them from from doing so. As Jaine fought alongside the orcs in the Third War, she knows they are not bloodthirsty monsters anymore. The choice is to aid her own father in his personal war against the orcs and Darkspear Trolls or fight against him to support her new allies. She chose the latter and aided the orcs in defeating Proudmoore. The ruins in Durotar are proof of this. In exhcange for her aid Thrall lets Jaine return to Theramore and allowing them sanction against official Horde threats. Theramore was made after the Third War for the Alliance who were fighting to save Azeroth from the Burning Legion. And Thrall allows the humans to live there in gratitude to Jaine for her help.

Ashenvale

The original Night Elf homeland is currently being disputed unofficially by the Horde and Alliance. The orcs are there to construct towns and expand their holdings. But the Night Elves wish to re-settle in their former homeland since the Third War. It's of course contested which mean neither side as enough military force to secure it, so adventurers like the players themselves are employed unofficially to help.

Stonetalon Mountains

This area is much like Ashenvale, with different people. The goblin Venture Co. settled into the area to deforest the forests for business, This did not bode well with the children of Cenarius, whom fell defending Azeroth against the Burning Legion. Tauren and Night Elfe druids set aside differences to aid in restoring Stonetalon to it's natural glory. The children of Cenarius fight against Venture Co. and the creatures drawn in from the burning of the Charred Vale and the Taurens fight against their fallen brothers the Grimtotem who have ravaged the Taurens living here.

Current Affairs

The Alliance at present is weakened. All available soldiers are called off to fight in a war without reason or cause right now, leaving Stormwind and Ironforge without enough men to defend their people. The humans fight against the Defia Brotherhood and later the Syndicate, the Dwarves and Gnomes attempting to stop the Darkiron dwarf plots to break their kingdom and subvert their cause as well as the troggs who erupted out of the ground while the dwarves attempt to use archealogy to find their heritage.

In Lordaeron the Forsaken attempt to make a place for themselves while doing battle with the corrupt humans of the Scarlet Crusade as well as the Scourge who is still left when Arthas (as the new Lich King) fled to Northrend to lick his wounds. They also attempt to use alchemical research, they tell their Horde allies the falsehood that they seek to find a way to cure their undeath and restore themselves to something more than the Scourge but they are actually attempting to make an ultimate plague with which to wipe the humans from their lands. And possibly even all living things to create their own undead utopia. They also fight the humans in Hillsbrad and Alterac, who being cut off from Stormwind so long, fight simply to survive.

Darnassus fights those who try to encroach on their lands, but the orcs are least of their worries. With Malfurion, the rightful ruler, lost in the Emerald Dream the Priestess Tyrande and one of Malfurion's druid companions to tend to the civli affairs. Strange cults are spawning in their borders and the wildlife is being mutated by some unknown force after they made a new and unblessing world tree.

And Thrall attempts to settle in and found a stable nation but old cults still loyal to the Burning Legion attempt to subvert his goals. All the while keeping heads cool over the fighting occuring everywhere.

And the Tauren battle the Venture Co. mining and foresting operations in their own lands as well as aid their orcish allies and dealing with the Grimtotems.

It's all a big mess you can read, but by now means a official or all out war.

If you want you can read The History of Warcraft.l

^^^ What he said.

Again, the new Alliance race will have to be a currently known race. Draeni would make sence as an answer to the Blood Elves but Naga would certainly be a surprise. And Blizzard did promise a surprise. Everything else is just rumors but trust me, the new race will likely be one we've all played before.

Back