[Guild Drama] How do you guys do it?

Feannag

Veteran XV
I've been passing from guild to guild on Wildhammer, 3rd so far, and it always ends up with immaturity/guild drama. I have yet to find a GM over the age of 18 and it seems there's guilds all over the place who are unaware/ill-equipped to do end-game save pick-up raids.

So how the hell do you people find/establish guilds that don't turn into complete shitheads?

i joined up with a guild that had been around since beta eq. wow was my first mmo, so i guess i got lucky to find a good guild full of like minded ppl.

I got lucky and was invited by a friend into a guild who only allow applicants of 18+, the GM himself is 37.

Whenever I do pugs on my alts, I realize just how priviliged I am, not having the 12 year olds typing in caps and saying LAWL every 5 seconds, or OMGNINJA!!!!1111 after every drop :/

malganis goonsquad is the most drama filled pile of shit ever

and the splinterguild i'm in, PR, is even worse then that, i'm glad i don't play anymore

got lucky and joined Hooligan Syndicate after Wubwub left goonsquad very early in the game (level 16ish)

stuck with them and they eventually picked up a few players and reformed under the Elitist Jerks banner. couldnt have been more pleased with a guild

Bodom said:
got lucky and joined Hooligan Syndicate after Wubwub left goonsquad very early in the game (level 16ish)

stuck with them and they eventually picked up a few players and reformed under the Elitist Jerks banner. couldnt have been more pleased with a guild
that was so long ago, i should have jumped over too while i had the chance

Bodom said:

lucky son of a bitch :D

i stuck with the guild i played planetside with (yeah i know the game sucked) because it just so happened that we had a fucking amazing leader.

this guy has kept our guild drama-free by stomping it out before it arises. no player is above getting kicked if they turn into a retard, and we are never at a shortage of players.

juicyfrys said:
SHARKS WITH LAZERS PEWPEW on dethecus is pretty drama free. First one guild without it. And great leadership :)

Bullshit, we had that guild transfer over from their old realm to Wildhammer and they a bunch of annoying tools.

Probably just keep questing/PUGing and hope I find something, though the "established" alliance guilds were pretty sucky. I got in early on the now-top guild but I left after realizing that they didn't give a fuck about helping each other, they were all just powerleveling on their own or with each other strictly when convenient.

i was lucky enough to get an invite for being tw (i think i was the last one even)

anyhow i couldn't be happier with the folks at serenity now...

now i can't speak for the officers, but from my entire time in wow, it's about two things:

1) personal suitability
2) common goals and objectives

If you don't get along, you never will. Immaturity is rampant in the game and you can either choose to let it bug you or let down your guard and have a laugh. My favorite aspect of SN has been the countless laughs. It was awesome to try to fit in with a bunch of fun strangers and i think i'm still trying to break the ice with a few people but i've always been welcomed with open arms. I laugh so hard night after night on our vent... i can't imagine having more fun.

I also think it's important to share goals. Like any business, you have to staff your team properly, along with personal suitability, you also need people to walk the line with you. You can't have a group that can't raid, doesn't want to raid etc, you need to be on the same page. Managing 40 people with regards to objectivity isn't easy, and you need a solid core of people that will approach the game in a relatively similar fashion. Otherwise you'll crash and burn.

As you app to guilds, you should be evaluating them too. You can't just keep chasing the successful guilds and expecting it to work out. You have to find a guild you have fun with.

Pagy said:
i was lucky enough to get an invite for being tw (i think i was the last one even)

anyhow i couldn't be happier with the folks at serenity now...

now i can't speak for the officers, but from my entire time in wow, it's about two things:

1) personal suitability
2) common goals and objectives

If you don't get along, you never will. Immaturity is rampant in the game and you can either choose to let it bug you or let down your guard and have a laugh. My favorite aspect of SN has been the countless laughs. It was awesome to try to fit in with a bunch of fun strangers and i think i'm still trying to break the ice with a few people but i've always been welcomed with open arms. I laugh so hard night after night on our vent... i can't imagine having more fun.

I also think it's important to share goals. Like any business, you have to staff your team properly, along with personal suitability, you also need people to walk the line with you. You can't have a group that can't raid, doesn't want to raid etc, you need to be on the same page. Managing 40 people with regards to objectivity isn't easy, and you need a solid core of people that will approach the game in a relatively similar fashion. Otherwise you'll crash and burn.

As you app to guilds, you should be evaluating them too. You can't just keep chasing the successful guilds and expecting it to work out. You have to find a guild you have fun with.

Shutup FAYGOT

i was in serenity now in the early days or something and got yelled at for calling someone a fag

i went back to malganis :/

Pagy said:

Actually, I think the last one was either me or TonyElTigre.

I kinda don't count, though, cause I'd been in before way back in March (on my druid, which I never used. That was probably a good thing, actually, I sucked balls back then, and I wouldn't have lasted two minutes in any situation where I was actually expected to heal, tank, or stealth around in catform).

I'm also glad I managed to get in without apping, these guys are a great bunch, even the ones I hadn't met before. They were very patient with all my stupid questions, and so now that I'm almost to the endgame (definitely gonna hit 60 before the weekend, no question about it), I intend to repay them by actually making myself USEFUL to the guild. :)

I have been in the same guild since day one of release. We were small in the beginnning (less than 10 people), but somehow through a couple guild mergers we have grown to a decent size. Things have stayed good with the guild because almost everyones first priority is having fun. If someone is continually bitching they get the boot.

Back